The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Need a spacecraft recommendation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Need a spacecraft recommendation Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
MrNexx wrote:
Amazingly, they've got 99 freighters, but a Sith ain't one
If you've got Imperial cargo, I feel bad for you son
But they've got 99 freighters, but a Sith ain't one.

Laughing

I'm not a fan of Jay Z (not saying he's bad, he's just not what I listen to), but I got this reference and it made me laugh too.

Couldn't name a single song of his, except that one.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay-Z is probably my favorite main-stream rapper. His early work (1995-2004) is easily his best. Of course that includes "The Black Album" where the song "99 Problems" is from. Trivia: DJ Dangermouse mixed "The Black Album" with the Beatle's' "White Album" to make "The Gray Album". It's an interesting listen.

Keep the suggestions coming folks, so far everything looks perfect. Will use, eventually...
Ninja-Bear
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Error have you seen the "new" hammerhead ships from Star Wars Rebels? it might fit someour requirements though stats I think are lacking.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja-Bear wrote:
Error have you seen the "new" hammerhead ships from Star Wars Rebels? it might fit someour requirements though stats I think are lacking.

I have seen those and I like them. Any idea how big they are, length-wise?
Ninja-Bear
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops! According to Wookieepedia, they are 315 m in length which is longer thanwhat you wanted. However I like to note that to rectify that this design is also in one of the KotR games, they justify the Rebels version as being visually simular to the Old Republic Era. I see why you couldn't make a light (smaller version) of it.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gawds, the Hammerhead cruiser. I think there are at least 3 different versions of these ships, all told. It's gotta be an unresolved discrepancy. The first version I've seen originated from the D20 version found in both Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide and in Galaxy Guide 16 - The Old Republic. That first version has 20 Light Turbolaser Cannons, 10 Medium Turbolaser Cannons, 10 Laser Cannons and 8 Tractor Beams. This significantly outguns a Nebulon B frigate, a far more modern ship that is almost as long (300 meters). Then again, the mass of the Hammerhead may be much greater than a Nebulon B as the latter is only a frigate but the former is a cruiser. In other words, while they may have the same length, the Hammerhead might be far more massive.

The second version of the Hammerhead denoted by D6 stats that I've seen is at a defunct D6 Star Wars shipyard website I happened upon a while back. While the main site is down, the shipyard subsection can still be accessed and I can provide the link upon request. This version of the Hammerhead has stats that conflict with the above version. This second version of the Hammerhead has only 1 Turbolaser battery, 2 Dual Laser cannons, 1 Ion Cannon and 2 Quad blaster cannons (which, when compared to a Nebulon B sounds like a much more reasonable weapon loadout to me). Not to mention that while the 1st version has a Class 2 hyperdrive (and no backup), this 2nd version has a Class 8(!) and a Class 20 backup. Even for the Old Republic Era, this sounds WAY too slow to me especially when compared to other starships denoted in the Old Republic Campaign Guide and Galaxy Guide 16. Keep in mind that I'm hardly a number cruncher who understands how D6 stats work, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

And the third version of the Hammerhead I saw might not be a verifiable version at all, but might just be a visual error from Star Wars Rebels. In the Season 3 Episode "Holocrons of Fate," a CR90 Corellian Corvette docks with a Hammerhead and look to be almost exactly the same length. But a CR90 is only 150 meters long while a Hammerhead is reportedly 315 meters, so the Hammerhead should have appeared to be *twice* as long as the corvette. The only explanation I can offer is that the Hammerheads in Star Wars Rebels are NOT the same ships depicted in Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide and Galaxy Guide 16. Considering that the Old Republic Hammerheads are over 3500 years old at the time of Star Wars Rebels, it would make sense that the Alderaanian Hammerheads might well be a more modern (but still decades or centuries old) and smaller design.

So yeah, we got a big discrepancy here. Where is Oliver Queen when we need him? Wink
Ninja-Bear
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.the actual.ship I was remebering is a Hammerhead Corvette. It can be piloted by only one person however at this time there is no length given. I mentioned originally mentioned crusier but was thinking corvette.
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only "stats" I could find were on this.

Click here for ship.

No idea how accurate they are, but it looks like

hyperdrive class 2
crew 30-165 depending on configuration
cargo 3,000 mt
consumables 1 year

I'm guessing someone ripped stats for a CR90
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Hammerhead *corvette*, not a cruiser? That would seem to point to a different design entirely from the original Old Republic design(s). After all, a corvette is a smaller class of starship than a cruiser. It looks like the Hammerheads from Star Wars Rebels might be an entirely different ship after all. It would certainly explain why the Hammerhead and the CR90 corvette in "Holocrons of Fate" looked to be the same length.

Shootingwomprats, we need you again! Laughing

EDIT: And is that FFG page in Portuguese? Granted, I'm a porteo from Argentina who isn't 100% fluent in Spanish (which gives me the dubious distinction of Spanish being both my native language and my 2nd language at the same time), but this ain't Spanish. Leastways, it don't look Spanish to me. Embarassed
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
EDIT: And is that FFG page in Portuguese? Granted, I'm a porteo from Argentina who isn't 100% fluent in Spanish (which gives me the dubious distinction of Spanish being both my native language and my 2nd language at the same time), but this ain't Spanish. Leastways, it don't look Spanish to me. Embarassed

The Google translate I used indicates Portuguese.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed, they are in fact two different ships, according to Wookiepedia. That website has separate entries for the Hammerhead cruiser and the Hammerhead corvette. You can always tell them apart by remembering that the corvette has an underslung cylindrical engine in the center rear (the central engine of the corvette's three engines). The cruiser has only two engines, which are flatter and are placed on the aft sides rather than underslung.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: