The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Galaxy Guide x - Revenge of the Sith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Galaxy Guide x - Revenge of the Sith Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject: Galaxy Guide x - Revenge of the Sith Reply with quote

Does it exist?!?!
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err.... sort of. Most of the stats are complete, but we don't have bios written up on the characters. Things got bogged down in editing, then the editor kind of moved on to other projects. So, we have a writing hole, no editor, and no layout editor.

We do, however, have most of the source files, but it's not much of a living project. Having worked on netbooks before, I'd say that this one has better than a snowball's chance, but not much better.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Err.... sort of. Most of the stats are complete, but we don't have bios written up on the characters. Things got bogged down in editing, then the editor kind of moved on to other projects. So, we have a writing hole, no editor, and no layout editor.

We do, however, have most of the source files, but it's not much of a living project. Having worked on netbooks before, I'd say that this one has better than a snowball's chance, but not much better.

What do you need me to do? What kind of bios do you need? I'm serious. PM me.
cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the source file have been made public. Let me double check. I'll be honest, though, I'd be a terrible project lead on this one. I've got a 9-5, plus another job on the side and two young children. I feel lucky that I can be a halfway competent moderator on an internet board. Smile

I'll post the source location as soon as I locate it again. But I'm pretty sure it's in this thread, started by a user named Gry Sarth.
cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaand, here you go, man.

http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5098

I can't believe it's been two years since Gry came back and posted this. I'll tell ya, I miss that guy. We worked together on quite a few projects. And that was a guy who could get things done, and they looked SHARP.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In light of the Clone Wars movie and cartoon, I think a good number of these stats may need to be revised, since all the novels and comics depicting the Clone Wars between AOTC and ROTS are now Legends and non-canon.
cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking for a good canon "fact-checker," on this project Error, Forceally has an impressive curriculum vitae.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
If you're looking for a good canon "fact-checker," on this project Error, Forceally has an impressive curriculum vitae.

Thanks for the high praise.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I need to be told where to start and given examples. If all we have are old stats for individuals, seems like there's a ways to go.

Related: Anyone working on a Star Wars: The Clone Wars Galaxy Guide-esque project? Would love to stat-ize Ahsoka Tano myself...
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has already been conversions made for this era to d6 from the WOTC books. I think you can find the links for them in one of the stickies.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man. Grievous needs like nearly the maximum possible DC in Lightsaber: multi-wielded: but still easily defeated by Obi-Wan Kenobi, who survived the encounter with nary a scratch... Someone has to crunch the numbers for me on this.

Lightsaber: multi-wielded: 17D+2 ???
cheshire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number crunching would be a very good idea. However, you're going to make matters a bit more complicated if you drop in a specialization such as "multi-wielding" without fully defining the mechanics beforehand. Then you open up a decade-old can of worms about how to create a sound mechanic for wielding multiple weapons. You could spend a couple of hours looking through old threads on people tackling that one, and why 99 out of 100 of those mechanics fails once you put it into long-term practice. The 100th hasn't found wide application because it lacks the "sex appeal" of the awesomeness players want without the game-breaking that GMs abhor. Smile
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would consider it a use of the four-limbs special ability that some alien species have but just make it a mechanic for Grievous.

Four Cybernetic Arms: Grievous has four independently movable arms. This gives him a bonus to climbing, brawling and depending on the situation +1 modifier per arm (+1D+1 if all four-arms used).
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Number crunching would be a very good idea. However, you're going to make matters a bit more complicated if you drop in a specialization such as "multi-wielding" without fully defining the mechanics beforehand. Then you open up a decade-old can of worms about how to create a sound mechanic for wielding multiple weapons. You could spend a couple of hours looking through old threads on people tackling that one, and why 99 out of 100 of those mechanics fails once you put it into long-term practice. The 100th hasn't found wide application because it lacks the "sex appeal" of the awesomeness players want without the game-breaking that GMs abhor. Smile

Well, it's certainly possible to just leave it as Lightsaber and move on. A successful attack by Grievous would generally be described by me as "he hit you with one of his lightsabers." We don't have to go into much more detail than that, particularly since I don't want to scour old threads looking for an elegant solution.

Part of the issue is that IRL, multi-wielding weapons is generally something that helps more with defense rather than attack.

If I were to create a Special Ability for Grievous (he will probably have two or three of them anyway, just because of the uniqueness of his body and the fact that he can survive space walks without protection, and his Move would improve when he goes into his insectoid six-limb mode), it might be he gets +1 to Lightsaber attacks for each lightsaber he wields beyond the first, with a maximum bonus of +1D. And that's it.

What is this 100th solution to multi-wielding you're talking about that no one wants to use because it isn't sexy? I'd love to look at it. I personally don't give a sh*t if it's sexy or not as long as it is elegant and doesn't slow down game play.

shootingwomprats wrote:
I think I would consider it a use of the four-limbs special ability that some alien species have but just make it a mechanic for Grievous.

Four Cybernetic Arms: Grievous has four independently movable arms. This gives him a bonus to climbing, brawling and depending on the situation +1 modifier per arm (+1D+1 if all four-arms used).

Can you direct me to any templates for multi-armed aliens? I would like to see any precedents before drawing up new stats. What you have written as this special ability is close to where I might end up with one of them.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bartokk ... Alien Stats p.16
Besalisk ... Alien Stats p.17
Codru-Ji ... Alien Stats p.31
Morseerian ... Alien Stats p.97-98
Pho Ph'eahian ... Alien Encounters p.112
Werbol ... Alien Stats p.168
Xexto ... Alien Stats p.172
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: