The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Updated conversion: Grievous of Kalee (15-20 minute read)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Updated conversion: Grievous of Kalee (15-20 minute read) Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also now know via Rebels that Ahsoka Tano can stalemate Vader in a lightsaber duel. In fact, she cut part of his mask off, didn't she? Just the right eye? So they need to be juuuuust about even with their Lightsaber skills and Sense dice...remember that when statting the two in any sourcebooks. Though they may be higher or lower between the two of them (7+5=12 and 6+6 does too...catch my drift?) may be different. Like an Ahsoka's Lightsaber would be lower than Vader's but her Sense dice makes up the difference type thing.

As for Ahsoka from TCW I would put her Lightsaber at 5D+2 and her Sense dice at like 4D+1 at the beginning of the show, and then Lightsaber of 7D and Sense dice of 6D by the end. She is a quick learner and the show spans like technically three years (more like two or even less of actual temporal content though).
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, definitely. I think most will be pleased at how we have statted both Vader and Ahsoka, once the Rebels S2 sourcebook is out (if we can ever find a new layout guy). They are very close in Sense+lightsaber, yes. While Vader does have a cumulative 4D or so edge in Force Skills, and a nearly 2D or so edge in lightsaber, they do come closest in Sense.

While I think her damaging maneuvers came about with the aid of Force Point and Character Point expenditure, Ahsoka is definitely in the relative ballpark, knockin' on the door, etc, though Vader is clearly more powerful overall.

Your skill levels for Ahsoka as of TCW seem pretty accurate to me as well.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my main project is going to be putting together Galaxy Guide x - Revenge of the Sith. Or at least trying to coordinate a team for the project. It's kinda done in terms of having the graphics. Really, I'm still getting a look at where it's at. I have been told we need a layout guy, and we need some folks (probably familiar with TCW, unfortunately) to (re)write bios and re-stat characters if necessary. That's the status of it right now. I can probably restat the characters myself, but I can't write all the bios. If even one person at a time volunteered to write one bio of 500-600 words, we would be well on our way. I think my contribution to statting is Grievous. I made the changes I said I would and he is current.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest changes were I added +2D to his Lightsaber skill instead of the complicated wording it had before. Then I changed this ability:

------------------------------
Special Abilities:

Trained in Jedi swordplay:
Grievous has been trained in the art of lightsaber combat by Count Dooku. This training includes all seven basic forms of Jedi lightsaber combat (as well as the arcane Makashi and Juyo forms), as well as some Sith dueling techniques not taught by the Jedi. If Grievous fights an opponent who is a practitioner (even if only partially) of one or more of the Jedi lightsaber combat forms, he receives an additional +1D bonus to his Lightsaber skill against them. However, to get this bonus, he must first recognize that his opponent is using such forms. To determine if he does, he rolls his Scholar: Jedi lightsaber forms skill vs. a difficulty determined by the GM.*

* This difficulty could be a static number like difficult (20) or a dynamic number based on the rank of his opponent. Obviously, a Jedi master is likely able to disguise which technique he or she uses far more than a padawan learner might, however no opponent will be able to hide his or her form(s) completely unless he or she intentionally fights like a beginner, with no technique at all. If a PC wants to do this, the GM should penalize him or her significantly.
------------------------------

I'm sure there's a much better way to word this one. I think maybe it's "GMing for others through rules" in flavor, which is not how I like my characters to be.

Maybe fleshing out an actual system for determining the difficulty of detecting patterns in individual lightsaber technique would help. Like a chart? But I hate charts. What about...we say the difficulty is twice the dice the opponent has in Lightsaber? So if someone has 10D in Lightsaber, Grievous must roll his Scholar: Jedi lightsaber forms and beat 20 to get the +1D bonus. So the Jedi and Sith Masters are rendered more inscrutable than a knight, apprentice, padawan, youngling, etc. to Grievous automatically.

Or is even THAT too much text and I should just give him the bonus permanently to reduce bulk? He does say specifically in RotS that "I have been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku." So it seems like some Special Ability or Game Note should acknowledge that somehow.

What do others think?
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or—and I'm sorry for the triple post—what if it were worded like this? First, we would have to cut Grievous's Lightsaber from 16D+2 to 15D+2. Then, we change the wording of the special ability a bit:

Special Abilities:

Trained in Jedi swordplay
Grievous has been trained in the art of lightsaber combat by Count Dooku. This training included all seven forms of Jedi lightsaber combat (as well as the arcane Makashi and Juyo forms), as well as some Sith dueling techniques not taught by the Jedi. If Grievous fights a Jedi or a Sith, he receives an additional +2D to his Lightsaber skill against them.

It kind of dumbs it down but it makes gameplay way smoother.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, Grievous's lightsaber skill is nowhere near 20D, and probably less than 10D, with one potential caveat.

His cyborg body gives him a dexterity/flexibility/strength advantage. I would say that grievous can make multiple attacks at no penalty up to the number of arms he has, and that his spinning wrists allow hime bonuses to his defense, with the notation that a character whose attack roll fails by x suffers damage from one of Grievous' lightsabers.

The problem with TCW is that it included characters who were scheduled to die later in the story, and so they had plot immunity. Kit Fisto schooled Grievous without breaking a sweat, as did Obii-Wan for as long as it was a lightsaber duel.

In any case, I'd tend to think that any Jedi from Qui-Gon and up would mop the floor with Grievous. His total skill dice might put him in the 8D to 12D range mentioned above, and I tend to see him no better than maybe 9D with situational bonuses or equipment bases bonuses added in for specific circumstances.

The characters that actually achieve 20D are those who would threaten Yoda (who didn't even bother to fight Ventress when he ran into her). I don't see Grievous anywhere near that level. His final total rollI'd put around 12D-13D (after his bonuses are accounted for).

A Jedi with 8D in lightsaber and 7D in sense would be rolling 13D, and that's probably about where Grievous' ability runs out... anyone more powerful, and he turns tail.... IMHO.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
IMO, Grievous's lightsaber skill is nowhere near 20D, and probably less than 10D, with one potential caveat.

His cyborg body gives him a dexterity/flexibility/strength advantage. I would say that grievous can make multiple attacks at no penalty up to the number of arms he has, and that his spinning wrists allow hime bonuses to his defense, with the notation that a character whose attack roll fails by x suffers damage from one of Grievous' lightsabers.

The problem with TCW is that it included characters who were scheduled to die later in the story, and so they had plot immunity. Kit Fisto schooled Grievous without breaking a sweat, as did Obii-Wan for as long as it was a lightsaber duel.

In any case, I'd tend to think that any Jedi from Qui-Gon and up would mop the floor with Grievous. His total skill dice might put him in the 8D to 12D range mentioned above, and I tend to see him no better than maybe 9D with situational bonuses or equipment bases bonuses added in for specific circumstances.

The characters that actually achieve 20D are those who would threaten Yoda (who didn't even bother to fight Ventress when he ran into her). I don't see Grievous anywhere near that level. His final total rollI'd put around 12D-13D (after his bonuses are accounted for).

A Jedi with 8D in lightsaber and 7D in sense would be rolling 13D, and that's probably about where Grievous' ability runs out... anyone more powerful, and he turns tail.... IMHO.

Thanks for the input. The only problem with having him in that range is that there are multiple instances of him facing Jedi masters and surviving the ordeal or killing them. In the actual CW cartoon, he kills four or five Jedi at Hypori, including two masters. That's the power level we're talking about here. You may have an opinion that he's 12D-13D, but it sort of flies in the face of the evidence.

The conversion here even puts him at a solid 15D, and this is prior to getting more info about him from TCW and his back story. And unfortunately, it doesn't really matter what we think about TCW and CW, they are canon of the highest level, and we can't change that. I do agree that just by virtue of TCW being a show it changes Grievous's behavior and that of his opponents as well, and also alters the outcomes of fights. But again...what we think of it just doesn't matter.

I also get that he faced a lot of individuals with plot immunity, but he also had it himself. And the reason he wasn't stacking up Jedi after Jedi in the show is twofold: 1. It was meant to be a kid-friendly show and that's a lot of violence, and 2. Even creating disposable characters who are meant to die quickly (like Soon Bayts) for example require months of work to put together for a CGI show. And also, TCW was populated almost entirely by plot-protected characters. They wouldn't even kill off Ahsoka and she had no such protection, and faced Grievous herself more than once (not very successfully, either; she tends to do the running there). And if you pay close attention to the show, Anakin Skywalker never faces Grievous, though I believe he does see him from a distance once. This was all to preserve the banter on the bridge of Grievous's cruiser from RotS that occurred between him and Skywalker, where Skywalker remarks that he expected Grievous to be taller and Grievous says something like someone with Anakin's reputation should be older.

But that brings me to CW, which was a way shorter show, and aimed at an older audience. Like I said before, he trashes four Jedi and almost kills both Aayla Secura and Ki-Adi-Mundi, the latter of which is basically third in experience and "rank" to Yoda and Mace Windu on the Jedi High Council. The -only- reason neither of them were killed was because they had that golden 'plot immunity'. All the other Jedi with them die.

So you can think that "any Jedi from Qui-Gon up would mop the floor with Grievous". But it just isn't consistent with what actually happens.

Also, 15D+2 is his base lightsaber in this conversion, but he can get as high as 21D+1 if he a) uses all four arms (rare), b) is fighting a Jedi or Sith (less rare), and c) he is using that spin attack (rarer still than him using all four arms). He gets +2p bonuses for each additional arm beyond the first because that's how I wanted to handle it. I was not going to dive into the morass of fan-created skills like Lightsaber: duel/triple/quadruple wield and all the crazy and (IMO) overcomplicated ways of dealing with people/beings wielding multiple melee weapons.

Also, his "four-armed-ness" is handled precisely the way WEG has handled four-armed races previously; they tend to get one free manual DEX action, not four, and bonuses to Climbing/Jumping and Brawling. It's in the WEG literature for a good six or seven races, you should have seen that somewhere on the first page of this thread. (Addendum: That discussion is actually here—sorry about that.)

Another thing is that Obi-Wan Kenobi may have dueled and killed Grievous in RotS, but he got his @$$ kicked in the process. Had he not telekinesis'ed Grievous's heavy blaster pistol in addition to tearing open his chest plates, he might have been kicked right off that platform or shot Grievous ineffectually. That punch Grievous delivers when he has Kenobi up against Soulless One would have killed him too had it landed.

Also, bringing Yoda into the discussion was done above. I pretty much agreed that in a SWU not governed by plot protections and padded for kids, Yoda or Mace Windu could have just gone after Grievous and took care of him. (Coincidentally, in CW, he does sort of face Mace Windu on Coruscant just before the events of RotS, and Windu doesn't kill him then either.)

Addendum: I do like the way you handle his spinning wrist attack, in the way that an attack that fails by X or more means damage. I may incorporate something like that into the wording of the ability later.

Addendum (again): In one of the deleted scenes from RotS, George had Grievous kill Shaak-Ti. Of course, there's also a deleted scene from the same film that has Anakin doing it, and neither of them is canonical. Shaak-Ti is another Master on the council, and you can tell that the scene was almost finished, but the detail level of the CGI elements is too low so it must have been cut during post-production.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Error wrote:

Thanks for the input. The only problem with having him in that range is that there are multiple instances of him facing Jedi masters and surviving the ordeal or killing them. In the actual CW cartoon, he kills four or five Jedi at Hypori, including two masters. That's the power level we're talking about here. You may have an opinion that he's 12D-13D, but it sort of flies in the face of the evidence.

The conversion here even puts him at a solid 15D, and this is prior to getting more info about him from TCW and his back story. And unfortunately, it doesn't really matter what we think about TCW and CW, they are canon of the highest level, and we can't change that. I do agree that just by virtue of TCW being a show it changes Grievous's behavior and that of his opponents as well, and also alters the outcomes of fights. But again...what we think of it just doesn't matter.

I also get that he faced a lot of individuals with plot immunity, but he also had it himself. And the reason he wasn't stacking up Jedi after Jedi in the show is twofold: 1. It was meant to be a kid-friendly show and that's a lot of violence, and 2. Even creating disposable characters who are meant to die quickly (like Soon Bayts) for example require months of work to put together for a CGI show. And also, TCW was populated almost entirely by plot-protected characters. They wouldn't even kill off Ahsoka and she had no such protection, and faced Grievous herself more than once (not very successfully, either; she tends to do the running there). And if you pay close attention to the show, Anakin Skywalker never faces Grievous, though I believe he does see him from a distance once. This was all to preserve the banter on the bridge of Grievous's cruiser from RotS that occurred between him and Skywalker, where Skywalker remarks that he expected Grievous to be taller and Grievous says something like someone with Anakin's reputation should be older.

But that brings me to CW, which was a way shorter show, and aimed at an older audience. Like I said before, he trashes four Jedi and almost kills both Aayla Secura and Ki-Adi-Mundi, the latter of which is basically third in experience and "rank" to Yoda and Mace Windu on the Jedi High Council. The -only- reason neither of them were killed was because they had that golden 'plot immunity'. All the other Jedi with them die.

So you can think that "any Jedi from Qui-Gon up would mop the floor with Grievous". But it just isn't consistent with what actually happens.

Also, 15D+2 is his base lightsaber in this conversion, but he can get as high as 21D+1 if he a) uses all four arms (rare), b) is fighting a Jedi or Sith (less rare), and c) he is using that spin attack (rarer still than him using all four arms). He gets +2p bonuses for each additional arm beyond the first because that's how I wanted to handle it. I was not going to dive into the morass of fan-created skills like Lightsaber: duel/triple/quadruple wield and all the crazy and (IMO) overcomplicated ways of dealing with people/beings wielding multiple melee weapons.

Also, his "four-armed-ness" is handled precisely the way WEG has handled four-armed races previously; they tend to get one free manual DEX action, not four, and bonuses to Climbing/Jumping and Brawling. It's in the WEG literature for a good six or seven races, you should have seen that somewhere on the first page of this thread. (Addendum: That discussion is actually here—sorry about that.)

Another thing is that Obi-Wan Kenobi may have dueled and killed Grievous in RotS, but he got his @$$ kicked in the process. Had he not telekinesis'ed Grievous's heavy blaster pistol in addition to tearing open his chest plates, he might have been kicked right off that platform or shot Grievous ineffectually. That punch Grievous delivers when he has Kenobi up against Soulless One would have killed him too had it landed.

Also, bringing Yoda into the discussion was done above. I pretty much agreed that in a SWU not governed by plot protections and padded for kids, Yoda or Mace Windu could have just gone after Grievous and took care of him. (Coincidentally, in CW, he does sort of face Mace Windu on Coruscant just before the events of RotS, and Windu doesn't kill him then either.)

Addendum: I do like the way you handle his spinning wrist attack, in the way that an attack that fails by X or more means damage. I may incorporate something like that into the wording of the ability later.

Addendum (again): In one of the deleted scenes from RotS, George had Grievous kill Shaak-Ti. Of course, there's also a deleted scene from the same film that has Anakin doing it, and neither of them is canonical. Shaak-Ti is another Master on the council, and you can tell that the scene was almost finished, but the detail level of the CGI elements is too low so it must have been cut during post-production.

Yup. I took all that into account when I posted. I totally understand where you're getting your numbers from. But, after thinking about this over the last 10 years, I just decided that characters who are not Mace Windu or Yoda (and, Qui-Gon Jinn, incidentally) come no-where near the 20D+ range of lightsaber combat. Incidentally, I'd put Darth Maul up near the 20D range, with his lightsaber skill contributing the bigger piece of that equation.

Nevertheless, it's a great write-up, though I tend to agree with you on wanting to streamline the verbiage.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
Yup. I took all that into account when I posted. I totally understand where you're getting your numbers from. But, after thinking about this over the last 10 years, I just decided that characters who are not Mace Windu or Yoda (and, Qui-Gon Jinn, incidentally) come no-where near the 20D+ range of lightsaber combat. Incidentally, I'd put Darth Maul up near the 20D range, with his lightsaber skill contributing the bigger piece of that equation.

Nevertheless, it's a great write-up, though I tend to agree with you on wanting to streamline the verbiage.

Right on. I'll do a little more thinking it over and see if I can't split the difference somehow.

What conversions are there for Yoda and Mace out there? Which ones were you looking at when you first commented on this thread? There have to be different ones for different temporal loci obviously, but I want to see what their Lightsaber + Sense dice end up being at the peaks of their powers, because that would even further attune my frame of reference.

You know, the most vexing thing about writing up Grievous wasn't researching the bio or anything like that. It was taking into account all the weird sh*t his droid body can do. You can't really do it without a bunch of "Equipped With" or Special Abilities either. He can space walk, has claws, has enhanced feet/hands/legs, can magnetize all six feet and hands, etc. etc. etc. Most of it needs tiny chunks of special rules to handle. But I guess that's just part of being an 80% metal and 20% flesh cyborg in the WEG SWU. (Also, another entertaining fact about Grievous is that the 80/20 thing is only by volume. If we're going by weight, it's more like 97/3.)
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a newer version of my conversion of Grievous with better wording, the trimming off of some fat, and splitting the difference in his skill with a lightsaber with the earlier form and a different conversion. It lacks the capsule because nobody needs to read through it again because it hasn't changed much. This is more just a character sheet without a bio.

Grievous of Kalee

Origins of this Conversion

Early conversions of General Grievous around the time of Revenge of the Sith (RotS) and the Clone Wars (CW) cartoon (a short series distinct from the show Star Wars: The Clone Wars [TCW]) lack significant information about the character that would later be explored in greater detail in the longer-running CGI-animated TCW. This character sheet is my attempt to resolve some of these differences without expressly going against any canonical source.

Character Basics and Stats

Character Name: Grievous (born Qymaen jai Sheelal)*
Character Type: Cyborg warrior and tactician
Gender/Species: Male, Kaleesh
Homeworld: Kalee
Height: 2.1 m when walking, 2.4 m when standing straight up
Weight: 300 kg
Languages: Basic, Kaleesh, Pak Pak (Nemoidian), Binary

* Pronounced (respectively) “gree-vus” and “ky-may-en jy she-lal”

Physical Description: Grievous is a masked cyborg who is only about 20% living tissue. His chest armor protects his synthskin organ sac, which contains his heart, lungs, and a few other essential organs, while his brain, mouth, and eyes (and some of their adjacent tissues) are enclosed within his intimidating mask. This mask is modeled on the skull of the mumuu animal from Kalee, which the Kaleesh hunt for sport.

The only outward signs that Grievous began his existence as a life form are his yellow eyes (with their slit pupils and the reptilian skin around them), and his voice, which is spoken from behind his mask and is accompanied by fits of gooey coughing. Otherwise, Grievous appears as a large, intimidating cyborg who has clearly been built to fight, with extensive cybernetic enhancements, including all-metal limbs, chest plates, armored head and neck, and six possible limbs. Grievous wears a Kaleesh cloak when not engaged in combat, with pockets in its interior in which the cyborg general keeps the lightsabers he claims from captured or slain Jedi.

Attributes and Skills

(The number in brackets after some attributes and skills is the highest—temporarily or consistently—DC which that attribute or skill can reach due to Special Abilities this character has.)

DEXTERITY: 5D [5D+1]
Acrobatics: 9D+1 [10D+2]
Blaster: 7D
Blaster: heavy blaster pistol: 9D+1
Brawling parry: 8D+1
Dodge: 9D+2
Firearms: 8D
Firearms: rifle: 12D+1
Lightsaber: 14D+2 [18D+2]
Melee combat: 9D
Melee combat: Lig sword: 10D+2
Missile weapons: 6D
Missile weapons: grapping hook: 7D+2
Running: 6D+1 [7D+1]

KNOWLEDGE: 2D+2
Alien species: 5D+1
Intimidation: 8D [9D]
Planetary systems: 5D+1
Scholar: 3D+2
Scholar: Jedi lightsaber forms: 7D+2
Scholar: martial tactics: 10D+1
Tactics: 8D
Tactics: surface battles: 12D+1
Tactics: warfare against Jedi: 10D
Tactics: naval (space) warfare: 13D+1

MECHANICAL: 3D
Astrogation: 5D+1
Beast riding: 4D+2
Capital ship piloting: 5D+1
Communications: 6D
Sensors: 7D
Starfighter piloting: 6D+2
Starfighter piloting: Belbullab-22: 8D
Starship gunnery: 5D
Starship shields: 4D+1

PERCEPTION: 3D+2 [5D]
Command: 8D+2
Command: battle droid: 13D+2
Command: IG-100 MagnaGuard: 12D
Con: 6D+2
Hide: 5D
Investigation: 7D
Search: 7D+1 [10D]
Search: tracking: 8D+2 [11D+1]
Sneak: 6D+1

STRENGTH: 4D+2 [5D+2]
Brawling: 9D+1 [10D+1]
Brawn: 8D
Climbing 5D+2 [6D+2]
Jumping: 5D+2 [7D]
Lifting: 9D+1
Stamina: 10D

TECHNICAL: 2D+1
Computers: 4D
Droid programming: 3D+2
Droid programming:
IG-100 MagnaGuard: 7D
Droid repair: 4D+1
Droid repair: IG-100 MagnaGuard: 6D+2
Starfighter repair: 5D+1
Starship weapon repair: 3D

Equipped With:

Cybernetic droid armor:
+2D+1 vs. physical damage; +1D+2 vs. energy.

Enhanced eyes and sealed gut sac:
Grievous’s eye enhancements protect them from the vacuum of space, and he can also see in infrared, ultraviolet, and other spectra. They grant him +2p to his Search skill whenever they are used, and he gets and additional +2D in low-light conditions because Kaleesh can see in the dark. Since both his eyes and his gut sac are protected from vacuum, Grievous may space walk for as long as he can hold his breath. His cybernetics have given him some control over his oxygen needs, so he can go without a breath for about ten minutes, after which he begins to take suffocation damage.

Enhanced feet and hands:
Both Grievous’s fingers and toes are claws, which may be used as a weapon (damage: STR+1D+1 [6D]). They also grant him a +1D bonus to his Climbing skill. He may also magnetize his hands and feet as a free action, allowing him to be even better at hanging onto hard-to grip surfaces, such as walls, ceilings, hulls of starships, and/or other difficult-to-grip surfaces.

Enhanced legs:
Hydraulic pistons in his legs grant Grievous a 1D+1 bonus to his Jumping and Acrobatics skills.

Four arms:
Grievous actually has four arms with three fingers each, though he tends to join them in pairs so that it appears he has only two six-fingered arms. When his arms are paired, he gains a +1D bonus to his Strength attribute for the purposes of rolling Brawling damage or the damage of a melee weapon which adds his Strength to another die code. He may also divide each of his arms into two (for a total of four) as a roll-less full action in a round. In this four-armed form, Grievous is allowed two manual Dexterity actions per round before the application of any multi-action penalties. Also, when Brawling or Climbing, Grievous receives a +1D bonus when using all four arms or +2 when using three. Having four arms also amplifies Grievous’s effectiveness as a swordsman. When wielding more than one lightsaber, he receives a +1p bonus to his Lightsaber skill for each lightsaber he wields beyond the first, for a maximum bonus of +1D.

Magnetic grappling hooks:
Grievous has a magnetic grappling hook launcher mounted on the dorsal side of each forearm. They deploy a 50 m syntherope lanyard, and a full load (up to 500 kg) may be reeled back in at any speed between 1 and 10 m per round. When he is finished with it, Grievous may either release the cable or deactivate the magnetic “hook” and reel it back in (this action takes two rounds) so it may be reused. This weapon uses the Missile weapons: grappling hook skill, and its range is (1-10/25/50).

Sensory-enhancement package:
Grievous has extensive neural implants and state-of-the-art biomechanical interface software packages, all of which increase his reaction time and his overall speed during combat and otherwise. These implants grant him a +1D+1 bonus to his Perception attribute for purposes of initiative checks, and a static +1 bonus to his Dexterity attribute and all skills contained therein.

Six possible legs:
Grievous may also use his four arms as extra legs. These extra legs allow him to move along surfaces more nimbly and expeditiously than he would in his usual bipedal manner, much like an insect such as a centipede moves. During such movements, he receives a bonus of +1D to his Running skill and +5 to his Move. Grievous may not attack while using his arms as additional legs; he must first stand up (as another free action).

Move: 13 (18 if in six-legged mode)
Force Sensitive? No
Force Points: 5
Dark Side Points: 24
Character Points: 31

Special Abilities:

Trained in Jedi swordplay:
Grievous has been trained in the art of lightsaber combat by Count Dooku. This training included all seven forms of Jedi lightsaber combat (as well as the arcane Makashi and Juyo forms), as well as some Sith dueling techniques not taught by the Jedi. If Grievous fights a Jedi or a Sith, he receives an additional +2D to his Lightsaber skill against them.

Rotating wrists attack:
This attack can be “kept up” as a moderate manual Dexterity action each round. It commences as Grievous’s wrists begin to spin lightsabers between 200 and 300 rpm, giving Grievous a +1D bonus to his Intimidation skill that round and +1D to his Lightsaber skill as long as the attack commences. He may continue lightsaber combat with his other two hands as usual. While he is in this mode, if one of his opponents fails an attack roll against him by 10 or more, that opponent takes damage from one of Grievous’s spinning lightsabers (5D).

Game Notes:

Extremely Short Temper:
Grievous's temper was intentionally shortened by Count Dooku and San Hill when the cyborg was being constructed on Geonosis. Any PC interacting with Grievous on any level may fall victim to his irritation or anger, and he may attempt to intimidate or kill anyone whom he does not want around. The behavior of the Kaleesh cyborg may be generalized beforehand as “consistently and needlessly violent”. Grievous is prone to the occasional paroxysmal outburst, since the engineers on Geonosis pruned his temper back to nothing and increased his animus toward the Republic and Jedi specifically. Grievous is subject to persistent ill humor and the occasional outburst, during which he may need to annihilate battle droids, nearby equipment, and even living beings in order to mollify himself.

Equipment:
- Kaleesh cloak
- four lightsabers (5D each)
- BlasTech DT-57 “Annihilator” heavy blaster pistol (damage: 6D+1; range: 3-7/25/50)
- six IG-100 MagnaGuards each armed with electrostaves (STR +3D [max 6D])
- Neural implants: sensory-enhancement package, decreased control of anger and/or rage, comlinks and command channels tuned to: Count Dooku, Soulless One, his IG-100 MagnaGuards, and various commanders among the CIS droid army and navy
- modified Belbullab-22 starfighter (Soulless One)

Other Resources
- lair on Vassek containing his spare parts, additional IG-100’s, pets, traps, weapons, statues of himself, and trophies (including a secret trophy room exhibiting dozens of lightsabers)
- ~50,000,000 credit bank account with the Banking Clan on Muunilinst
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: