The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Anointed People Project (Blame Whill, he asked for this)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Anointed People Project (Blame Whill, he asked for this)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TauntaunScout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject: Anointed People Project (Blame Whill, he asked for this) Reply with quote

Dunno if this is best suited to "planets" or "species".

The Anointed People are finally underway. I have (as of last night) in hand at least one of every pose shown in the original SWMB book. A few duplicates brought me, coincidentally, to 11, ie a squad and a hero, which is the ideal starting point for any SWMB faction in my opinion.

Note that scale is all over the board. The Ral Parta figures probably look best next to the official SW minis, with the Martian Metals guy being decidedly short and the Grenadier figures towering over stormtroopers.

The official word on these creatures is "The Godlings lived in small castles, built as military structures and usually surrounded by five-meter high walls and a moat, with a personal guard of fifteen People." So a character and 15 warriors is probably where I will conclude the collection. However, we are also told that the Godking's "guard also tripled the defense complement of any Godling." So eventually growing them to roughly 45 figures is not out of the question. Nor is it terribly unlikely to paint the households of two Godlings in different heraldries so that the PC's could participate in one of the ceremonial wars of the Anointed People. As an aside, I strongly suspect their culture is a spoof of the SCA.

Every stage of the collection's evolution will hopefully be documented here. The Partha Ones are available as reissues from original molds (Iron Wind Mentals). The Grenadier ones are also still in production (Mirliton SG: available in the US from Noble Knight Games). The Martian Metals lizard warrior was the most expensive and hardest to find. They rarely come up on eBay and are not in production from anywhere that I can see. Someday getting several of them just like in the original SWMB pic is unlikely at best for me.

https://imgur.com/u5QmmsL

I have a further 4 Grenadier ones that are equipped with a sword and shield: they fit right in with the rest but don't appear in ye olde pic. I'll probably paint use them anyways if I decide to expand the force someday beyond this. I also picked up half a dozen "Iguanids on Thecodents" to use as Likka Riders someday. First though, I just want to get the actual minis from the book painted, then worry about it.

If I can find the cottage in the pic by Gallia Reproductions I'll be extremely surprised. So instead I went another route but that'll have to be a separate post. For reference here's a small version of the original picture which can be seen in SWMB book page 32 in both editions.
https://imgur.com/f5UH2US
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Anointed People Project (Blame Whill, he asked for this) Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
Dunno if this is best suited to "planets" or "species".

I moved this to Species, but please feel free to post anything about their planet too. A lot of threads are crossover but they have to put somewhere.

TauntaunScout wrote:
The Anointed People are finally underway. I have (as of last night) in hand at least one of every pose shown in the original SWMB book. A few duplicates brought me, coincidentally, to 11, ie a squad and a hero, which is the ideal starting point for any SWMB faction in my opinion.

Note that scale is all over the board. The Ral Parta figures probably look best next to the official SW minis, with the Martian Metals guy being decidedly short and the Grenadier figures towering over stormtroopers.

The official word on these creatures is "The Godlings lived in small castles, built as military structures and usually surrounded by five-meter high walls and a moat, with a personal guard of fifteen People." So a character and 15 warriors is probably where I will conclude the collection. However, we are also told that the Godking's "guard also tripled the defense complement of any Godling." So eventually growing them to roughly 45 figures is not out of the question. Nor is it terribly unlikely to paint the households of two Godlings in different heraldries so that the PC's could participate in one of the ceremonial wars of the Anointed People. As an aside, I strongly suspect their culture is a spoof of the SCA.

Every stage of the collection's evolution will hopefully be documented here. The Partha Ones are available as reissues from original molds (Iron Wind Mentals). The Grenadier ones are also still in production (Mirliton SG: available in the US from Noble Knight Games). The Martian Metals lizard warrior was the most expensive and hardest to find. They rarely come up on eBay and are not in production from anywhere that I can see. Someday getting several of them just like in the original SWMB pic is unlikely at best for me.

https://imgur.com/u5QmmsL

I have a further 4 Grenadier ones that are equipped with a sword and shield: they fit right in with the rest but don't appear in ye olde pic. I'll probably paint use them anyways if I decide to expand the force someday beyond this. I also picked up half a dozen "Iguanids on Thecodents" to use as Likka Riders someday. First though, I just want to get the actual minis from the book painted, then worry about it.

If I can find the cottage in the pic by Gallia Reproductions I'll be extremely surprised. So instead I went another route but that'll have to be a separate post. For reference here's a small version of the original picture which can be seen in SWMB book page 32 in both editions.
https://imgur.com/f5UH2US

This is great. Thanks for sharing. It may not be anytime soon, but someday I will run an RPG adventure taking place on Masterhome again.
Registration & Log-In Help
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those figures look great. I remember some of the old Ral Partha figures in the pictures, but I don't think I ever acquired any of them.

TauntaunScout wrote:
So a character and 15 warriors is probably where I will conclude the collection.
Are you going to have any of the "Unwashed" i.e. the serf portion of the population. I think they were part of the local warfare.

Quote:
As an aside, I strongly suspect their culture is a spoof of the SCA.
That's an interesting idea. What makes you think that?
TauntaunScout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
Those figures look great. I remember some of the old Ral Partha figures in the pictures, but I don't think I ever acquired any of them.

TauntaunScout wrote:
So a character and 15 warriors is probably where I will conclude the collection.
Are you going to have any of the "Unwashed" i.e. the serf portion of the population. I think they were part of the local warfare.

Quote:
As an aside, I strongly suspect their culture is a spoof of the SCA.
That's an interesting idea. What makes you think that?

I doubt I'll have the time to convert and paint a bunch of unwashed. Though there's nothing to stop a really crazy person from sourcing tons of lizardmen armed only with clubs I suppose.

The description of "wars" is dead on for either Anointed People or Scadians. They get very excited about the prospect of an annual war. Only clubs are used in these wars. Injuries rarely exceed those of a sporting match. Wars a good place to wear interesting clothing and find mates. Wars include a multi-day eating/drinking party.

The cultural staple of long speeches that don't actually mean anything but use lots interesting words also seems like it's making fun of scadian "court" and the like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: