The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Andor [Disney+ series speculation thread]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Andor [Disney+ series speculation thread]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 3:43 pm    Post subject: Andor [Disney+ series speculation thread] Reply with quote

Announcement thread

FIRST TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5UX1Adanis

The Imperial Senate! Mon Mothma! 12 episodes starting August 31st. This Rogue One prequel show looks very interesting. There is a second season already in development (12 more episodes). Rumor has it, K2 will show up in Season 2.

EDIT: Release date pushed back three weeks to September 21st.

Arrow Andor [SPOILERS ALLOWED]
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:15 am; edited 3 times in total
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks awesome! Cool
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:32 pm    Post subject: Andor Reply with quote

Diego Luna and Genevieve O'Reilly Take The Stage At Star Wars Celebration 2022

Second trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKOegEuCcfw

This trailer makes it look better than the first!

Andor: Tony Gilroy Explains Star Wars’ Rogue One Prequel Series’ Epic Five-Year Structure – Exclusive Image

Andor Doesn’t Use Star Wars’ Volume Video Wall: ‘We’re Old-School,’ Says Tony Gilroy – Exclusive Image

Andor Trailer Promises An Epic Battle Against The Empire In Star Wars’ Latest Series

Those who didn't like the "Volume" use in TM, TBoBF, and OWK (that giant physical screen on set that shows virtual backgrounds the actors can see) should be happy to know that Andor doesn't use it. They went for practical backgrounds. Hey, maybe they will even use muppets too!

So the first season (all 12 episodes) takes place about five years before RO/ANH. The second season will show four 3-episode stories that bridge the gap between Andor S1 and RO. K2 will show up in S2.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does look really outstanding! I like how they're exploring the early days of the Rebellion.

I'm really bummed that one of my best friends, who just passed away from cancer recently, won't be able to see this, as he was one of the biggest SW fans I know, and this looks right up his alley.
Barbarossa41
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minor quibble, but that AK still sticks out like a sore thumb...
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-wars-andor-official-trailer-disney-september-21.614340/page-4

I don't know if this is true, but it is possible that test audiences have seen the first four episodes of Andor. Each season is four story arcs of three episodes each. We will get to see the first arc all at once on September 21st. This person claims to have seen the first arc plus the first episode of the second arc. If true, this could temper expectations. According to this, Andor is going to be a long, slow dramatic deep dive into life in the Empire.

Ramala wrote:
I’ve seen the first four and it’s the most serious, grounded thing Star Wars has ever done. It feels more like an English-made espionage thriller than Star Wars. It is totally unconcerned with giving you fan service moments, and instead wants to delve into what it’s like for the bit players in this universe to wake up every morning and go about their day. This is not space opera. It’s more space drama. It’s slow, deliberate, complex (for Star Wars) and asks the viewer to do some work. It actually humanizes roles that are traditionally cartoon evil in the SW universe. It’s attempting to tell a grown up story, and I think a lot of fans are going to haaaate it. Both Gilroy’s presence is all over this thing. It’s got that cinema verite vibe that the core Bourne movies had going for them. Puts you in the world like never before. Whether the world can hold up to that level of scrutiny is up for debate, but it is fascinating.

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-wars-andor-official-trailer-disney-september-21.614340/page-4

I don't know if this is true, but it is possible that test audiences have seen the first four episodes of Andor. Each season is four story arcs of three episodes each. We will get to see the first arc all at once on September 21st. This person claims to have seen the first arc plus the first episode of the second arc. If true, this could temper expectations. According to this, Andor is going to be a long, slow dramatic deep dive into life in the Empire.

Ramala wrote:
I’ve seen the first four and it’s the most serious, grounded thing Star Wars has ever done. It feels more like an English-made espionage thriller than Star Wars. It is totally unconcerned with giving you fan service moments, and instead wants to delve into what it’s like for the bit players in this universe to wake up every morning and go about their day. This is not space opera. It’s more space drama. It’s slow, deliberate, complex (for Star Wars) and asks the viewer to do some work. It actually humanizes roles that are traditionally cartoon evil in the SW universe. It’s attempting to tell a grown up story, and I think a lot of fans are going to haaaate it. Both Gilroy’s presence is all over this thing. It’s got that cinema verite vibe that the core Bourne movies had going for them. Puts you in the world like never before. Whether the world can hold up to that level of scrutiny is up for debate, but it is fascinating.

Good. I've always wanted the SWU to explore other genres more.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not going to post a spoiler, but the Andor show is set before rouge one.
Darklighter79
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramala wrote:

Hate it? Since the scene in R1 between Andor and Tivik, we got only the confirmation of what we had always suspected been present in SW - a darker side of war and difficult choices - and this fact was later confirmed in Andor's monologue.

I would like it to be what was Winter Soldier for MCU.
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The preview scene I saw for Andor before the theatrical viewing of RO this weekend was interesting.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

The preview scene I saw for Andor before the theatrical viewing of RO this weekend was interesting.

It was yeah. My kids hadn't been in a theater in years cause of COVID* and watching trailers and an Andor commercial alone blew their minds. That image though, looks like it's an ad for upcoming Andor US postage stamps!

*Except the time we rented a small theater and played a DVD of Empire. That's not quite the same though.

Arrow Andor [SPOILERS ALLOWED]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: