The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

A Creditless Economy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> A Creditless Economy Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main issue I see is that item price Difficulties are going to scale up very quickly. Having to beat a 25 to buy a 250 credit blaster would require a Finances Dice Level of 7D+2 or 8D to pull off. Perhaps 1/50th or 1/100th?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally allow the players to have guns etc, however they may not own it personally.

Look at the stormies, or a rebel soldier.......these use their faction's weapons and armor, from their faction's armories, much like in the military here on earth, we used, kept and was in charge of our rifle, but it was owned by the military.

As to bounty hunters, mercenries and other independents I tend to allow them use skills like streetwise and bargain (even value) making any trade.

A 200credit blaster I will not demand a difficulty to afford, but to actually "find". Meaning that with a galaxy much controlled by the empire, rebel/new republic, hutts, crime factions, most worlds have restrictions on all weapons in one way or another, as well as other gear like cloakers and jammers.
These are simply avilabilty, not the "licencing" restrictions like X R and so.
to me those are for controls, not price.

If a dealer can get an e-11 then he can regardelss of the restrictions, however, it may not be avialble in the moment.

It is here i use the difficulties, adjusted by value and bargain rolls, even at times rolls like cultures and other skills that can be relevant for a trade.
then I roll for the availability of the item to see if it is there or if there is a waiting time, or if the trader simply can't get it.

Food and fuel and the like we all figure out around the table, it is never the same, it depends on so much.

Are they in the military then this is covered, they have a bunk and can get some chow.
If they are independet and lives in their ship, then they have to manage food and fuel and remember to clean up and shower (lol=) )

The current group are spending credits and time on building a base for themselves on a small moon, they have a basic landing fiels, and a few shacks for now but is improving.

Also, my players make sure to loot, looting then spending eithet money or if they have the skills, modifies or fixes the loot and then use it.

saving up armors, repairing them, weapons, even starships. and yes they go out and steal and the like. They don't actually work.

If and when they do work, a 4D in a skill is considered professional, meaning to me they can do this for a living, a very basic living, but still food on the table, a refresher station, a bed and roof over their head.

a higer D will give the option of raising the level of comfort and such.

other than that any skill, like 4D Ground vehicle repair is used normally, but the character can now make a basic living ( paid for) from that skill being a full time mechanic somewhere.
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
The main issue I see is that item price Difficulties are going to scale up very quickly. Having to beat a 25 to buy a 250 credit blaster would require a Finances Dice Level of 7D+2 or 8D to pull off. Perhaps 1/50th or 1/100th?

Yeah.

The real advantage would be basically getting the really cheap stuff for 'free' and not worrying about bookkeeping.

I'm thinking it's turning out to be just a more complicated way of saying anything under 100cr is free and everything above is getting rounded up to 500cr for everybody but the really skilled-at-finance types.

Might be more trouble than it's worth. Sad

Ideally I'm trying to streamline...

I tried to explain my dilemma to my (tax associate) wife last night. She thinks I'm just complicating what doesn't need to be complex.

Basic addition and subtraction of money totals shouldn't be complicated in her books. lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: