The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Learning 1E running Tatooine Manhunt (Game Report)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> First Edition and IAG -> Learning 1E running Tatooine Manhunt (Game Report) Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zulgyan wrote:
The Jedi character approaches the blastdoor to hangar 42 and tries to use the force to sense "if there is anything dangerous or foul happening beyond the door". s***, there is no explicit force power to do that, so I had to come up with my own ruling. I didn't want to say "you can't do that" to the player, whose main strength in the adventure would be force sense powers, since his characters sucks at pretty much everything else. So he rolled 3D and got a 15! I told him he could sense "death and danger" beyond the door.

Question: Do you think it was a sensible ruling of the Force Sense skill?

You handled that brilliantly. What's the number one rule of a Star Wars game? To Keep It Moving. Don't know a rule, make something up and keep on trucking.

Then, in between games, think about rules that you had to create on the spot and try to put some more thought into them. The next time, you'll have a well thought out answer. And, the game will keep on moving then, too, with a better rule!

Quote:
So I went ahead and said: "Sure, you can, give me a roll for the droid, 7D and you must get a 20". He was successful and I described him the scene: an imperial officer dead on the floor, 2 bounty hunters checking her, an imperial officer supervising them, and the shadow of an armored man, projected from a blast door to the right.

Question: Do you think it was good game mastering to allow for the tech-guy to do that, even though it was not part of the module?

Yep. Ditto the above.

When in doubt, just use the Difficulty Chart.

In this case, you thought that hacking into the cameras was a Difficult task. 20+ needed for success.

Also, don't forget to Interpret Rolls (see page 30).

That way, you can give the player something extra on a very high roll (allowing the tech to see the code on the door to open it easily from the camera), or give him a penalty on a very low roll (set off a Station Alarm and have he computer locked out--his intrusion is detected).

Quote:
First combat! Everything was running smoothly until a bounty-hunter threw a grenade... For a game that focuses on simple rules that deliver cinematic action with no use of board or minis, the grenade rules seem to me overly complex and very tactically detailed. A successful grenade attack requires way too many rolls and calculations: 1. Roll to Hit Target, 2. Roll To Hit PCs within radius of explosion, 4. Find out distance between point of explosion and each PC, 5. PCs roll Dodge, 5. Roll Grenade Dmg (taking into account PC distance from point of explosion), 6. PCs roll Strength.

You might be playing this wrong. Let me go over it (from 1E). 'Cause it ain't that complicated.

1. Throw the grenade. Roll Grenade or DEX against Range. Just like a blaster shot. This is ONE roll.

Roark Garnet, the 1E sample character, does not have Grenade improved, and thus would throw 3D+1. Range is just like that for Blasters.

If the roll is a success, then the grenade goes where the character threw it.

If the roll fails, then the grenade scatters.

2. Then, you check how far the grenade is to all targets within range of the blast. If the attack in Step 1 succeeds, then the grenade blows up where the character threw it. If the attack fails,then the grenade blows up at its scattered position.

Roll 4D for the grenade's "skill" at exploding. Roll this ONCE.

Then, simply see if any character is hit.

Grenade rolls 15 total, let's say.

That means that damage will be applied to every character at Medium Range or less (6 meters or less).

It's two rolls (more if you check scatter). Then apply damage.

(Under specific RAW, you roll this attack vs. each target in the blast radius. Some find that easier. I like this shortcut.)

GRENADE EXAMPLE

Roark Garnet pulls a grenade from his belt and tosses it a three thugs. The Thugs are lined up, coming down the hallway at Garnet, but they are spread apart.

Thug #1: Short Range 10+

Thug #2: Medium Range 15+

Thug #3: Long Range 20+

ROLL FOR THE THROW: Roark has DEX 3D+1 and hasn't improved his Grenade skill. He throws for the first Thug. Rolls 3D+1 and gets a 12.

He hits (or throws it at the feet of) Thug #1. The grenade blows.

ROLL FOR THE EXPLOSION: Roll 4D for the grenade. Do this ONCE. Rolling 4D results in a 15.

This means the grenade will effect everyone within Medium range or less from the grenade. You can count squares if using a tactical grid, but if not, then just use range categories.

Thug #1 is at Point Blank range for the grenade explosion.

Thug #2 is at Short Range for the grenade explosion.

Thug #3 is at Medium Range for the grenade explosion.

DODGES: Targets can dodge the grenade, if they want. In this example, Thug #1 needs to roll 15+ (the explosion number of the grenade) by rolling Dodge +5.

Thug #2 needs to roll 15+ by rolling Dodge +10.

Thug #3 can automatically dodge, if he wants, since his modifier is +15.

When a character dodges a grenade, he usually dives to the ground, ending the segment prone. But, you can have him do anything that makes sense. Dive into a open door to a new room. Duck behind a corner or a box. Even step behind another character, so that the other character blocks the blast.

DAMAGE: For any target that doesn't Dodge, roll damage. Handle your farthest target first, then move towards the Point Blank category.

In this example Thug #3 dives flat and automatically is not damaged from the grenade.

Neither Thug #1 or Thug #2 were successful Dodging. Thus, both are prime targets for the grenade explosion.

Handle Thug #2 first. He's at Short Range, so roll 5D* damage vs. Thug #2 STR to figure the foe's wound.

Keep that same roll, but roll 1D (for a total of 6D) and add to the damage you rolled for Thug #2. Apply to Thug #1 STR to figure his wound.

*Why 5D and 6D? You at +1D in enclosed structures, like the hallway. Normally, the grenade does 5D at point blank, 4D at Short Range.

SUMMARY:

1. Roll attack.

1a: Figure Scatter, if necessary.

2. Roll Grenade's attack once, then see how many range categories that covers.

3. Roll any target dodges.

4. Roll damage against any target that did not dodge. (Roll farthest to closest, adding 1D per closer range category).

Quote:
Question: Do you think grenade rules are too complex? What do you think of my temporary solution?

Your temporary solution is fine. Keep the game going--that your number one goal. Fix things between sessions, then make the rule better the next time it comes up.

I don't think that you are playing the grenade rules correctly. They're almost exactly like the Blaster combat rules except that you may have to roll scatter, and you roll for the grenade explosion for the Dodge instead of the attack roll.

With different characters, roll once and apply the same result to all characters in that range.

Quote:
The imperial officer was killed before he could use his comlink. Also, the tech-guy used the R2 to block the blast doors, so that no enemies could escape. Again, this was not laid out in the module, but was a cool and "movie faithful" thing to do.

Read page 88-89 of the 1E core rulebook.

Quote:
Question: Should interrogating prisoners with violence deserve a Dark Side point?

That's for you to decide.

And, it depends on how the PCs are interrogating their captive.

Are the PCs trying to convince a Gungan to tell them about his underwater City home? "That is the sound of a thousand terrible things headed this way."

Or, are they stripping off the captive's skin in a way that would make Jack Bauer proud?

What is the "tone" of your game? Is it light and fluffy, like the prequels? Or, is it darker, like The Force Awakens and Rogue One?

I think it is very correct to use different approaches for Force Users and non-Force Users.

Your Failed Jedi has to watch himself. I'd slap a Dark Side point on him a lot quicker than I would the Bounty Hunter.

Be forgiving with the non-Force users. Be watchful for Force users. In other words, Han can get away with something that would get Luke a Dark Side point.

Note: It can be a lot of fun, tempting a Light Sider to the Dark Side. Me and a player had a hell of a time, just between us, GM and player, where I would tempt him with all sorts of shortcuts that would make his character more powerful....if he'd just open himself up to the Dark Side. I was always putting him in a position where he had to make a moral choice. We had an awesome time.

With Non-Force users, the character has to be pretty evil for me to give him a Dark Side point.
Zulgyan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual, superb, complete and super helpful answers. Thanks a lot!

I have acquired a real 1E core book, in Spanish (my native language). I'll still be hunting for an English version one.

I'm working on my next post.
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zulgyan wrote:
Question: Should interrogating prisoners with violence deserve a Dark Side point?

I just thought of something. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that DSPs are only awarded with a FP is used to do evil.

Therefore, a lot of actions that could be considered "evil" have no risk of DSPs unless a FP is used to carry the action out.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
Zulgyan wrote:

I just thought of something. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that DSPs are only awarded with a FP is used to do evil.

Therefore, a lot of actions that could be considered "evil" have no risk of DSPs unless a FP is used to carry the action out.
The section on Dark Side Points on page 67 says
Quote:
Rules: Dark Side Points
Whenever a character uses the Force in an immoral way, he gains one Dark Side point. He should record the number of Dark Side points he has accumulated on his character template.

The section does not use the word "only." Later in the section it describes certain Force Powers and the uses of those powers which gain a character a Dark Side Point, e.g. Injure/Kill, Inflict Pain, Telekinetic Kill, and this use of ordinary Telekinesis.
Quote:
Using levitated objects to injure or attack other characters is possible -- but anyone who does do gains a Dark Side point. ("A Jedi uses his powers for knowledge and defense -- never for attack.")
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
Zulgyan wrote:

The section on Dark Side Points on page 67 says
Quote:
Rules: Dark Side Points
Whenever a character uses the Force in an immoral way, he gains one Dark Side point. He should record the number of Dark Side points he has accumulated on his character template.

Note that the section does not use the word "only."

Later in the section about Force Pwers the rules say that certain Force Powers and the uses of those powers also gain a character a Dark Side Point, e.g. Injure/Kill, Inflict Pain, Telekinetic Kill, and this use of ordinary Telekinesis.
Quote:
Using levitated objects to injure or attack other characters is possible -- but anyone who does do gains a Dark Side point. ("A Jedi uses his powers for knowledge and defense -- never for attack.")

This is what the rules say. That said, I'm uncomfortable with the idea that a character can commit heinous acts like torture, rape, and needless killing or maiming and not gain a DSP just because the character didn't use a Force Point or a Force Power to do those terrible things.

I prefer the Second Edition rules that allow the GM to give a character a DSP for those sorts of acts. I also prefer the second edition distinction between Force Sensitive and non-Force Sensitive characters and the notion that the rules are a bit stricter for those who are more attuned to the force.
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
I also prefer the second edition distinction between Force Sensitive and non-Force Sensitive characters and the notion that the rules are a bit stricter for those who are more attuned to the force.

I've flip-flopped on that. When I played 2E, it made sense. But, I think that 1E has sobered me up.

The Force flows through all living things. It penetrates and binds us all together.

I don't think there should be a distinction made for Force Sensitivity. I like the way 1E approaches it better.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
Bren wrote:
I also prefer the second edition distinction between Force Sensitive and non-Force Sensitive characters and the notion that the rules are a bit stricter for those who are more attuned to the force.

I've flip-flopped on that. When I played 2E, it made sense. But, I think that 1E has sobered me up.

The Force flows through all living things. It penetrates and binds us all together.

I don't think there should be a distinction made for Force Sensitivity. I like the way 1E approaches it better.
While the Force through all living things it doesn't give all living things equal access to the Force. Thus a distinction between Force Sensitive and non-Force Sensitive makes sense to me. Among other things, it means that some characters won't be able to learn to use the Force because they aren't sufficiently sensitive enough to do that. That seems perfectly in tune with what we see throughout canon and the vast majority of non canon sources. The Force is stronger in some beings than in others. We hear that over and over in the films. The 2E rules explicitly include that in the setting.
Quote:
In the Star Wars universe, there are quadrillions of sapient beings, hut only a few of them, numbering in the millions at most, are Force-sensitive. The number who actively use the Force is perhaps a tenth, or even a hundredth, of that.
2E rules page 140

And in addition to measuring strength in the Force via number of Force Points, the 2E rules give us several other categories: Non-Force Sensitive, Force Sensitive, and Force Users. And in the last category there are different levels of strength in the Force based on die code in the Force skills: Control, Sense, and Alter. I like having the increased granularity of categories over the 1E assumption that everybody is equally one with the Force.
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
While the Force through all living things it doesn't give all living things equal access to the Force. Thus a distinction between Force Sensitive and non-Force Sensitive makes sense to me.

And, I don't think 1E disputes that idea. It just doesn't label it.

Saying a character is Force Sensitive automatically puts the character into a category and assumptions are made.

It's almost like bringing midiclorians into the game. You take a blood sample and can tell who is and is not Force Sensitive by the midi count.

I like 1E's approach in that there are no categories. It is not measured. The Force is Mysterious. We don't completely understand it.

Is Luke Skywalker, pre-ANH, Force Senstive? We don't know. He's just a kid. And, it takes Ben Kenobi to illuminate his relationship with the Force.

I think 1E's method models that better.

But, I will say that I can play with the Force Sensitivity issue, too. I have in the past. If I play a 2E game, I'll use it.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have The Force work any way you see fit in your game.

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
Bren wrote:
While the Force through all living things it doesn't give all living things equal access to the Force. Thus a distinction between Force Sensitive and non-Force Sensitive makes sense to me.

And, I don't think 1E disputes that idea. It just doesn't label it.

Saying a character is Force Sensitive automatically puts the character into a category and assumptions are made.

It's almost like bringing midiclorians into the game. You take a blood sample and can tell who is and is not Force Sensitive by the midi count.

I like 1E's approach in that there are no categories. It is not measured. The Force is Mysterious. We don't completely understand it.

Is Luke Skywalker, pre-ANH, Force Senstive? We don't know. He's just a kid. And, it takes Ben Kenobi to illuminate his relationship with the Force.

I think 1E's method models that better.

But, I will say that I can play with the Force Sensitivity issue, too. I have in the past. If I play a 2E game, I'll use it.

In TPM, the midichlorians are used to measure degree of Force potential (although they presumably could also be used to determine Force-sensitivity). The midichlorians are merely a plot device to show that Anakin was possibly the chosen one. It's a lot less subjective than "the Force is stronger in him". But there is still plenty of mystery because the count test doesn't reveal whether he the chosen one or not - The Jedi just knew that he was special, and that factored into the decision to allow him to begin training as a Jedi. It was either take him into their fold, or risk what may happen if he doesn't become a Jedi and is instead let loose on the galaxy (which was now known to have Sith in it).

Quote:
Leia: You have a power I don't understand and could never have.
Luke: You're wrong, Leia. You have that power too. In time you'll learn to use it as I have. The Force is strong in my family. My father has it. I have it and... My sister has it.

Even the classic trilogy very strongly supports a genetic basis for ability to use the Force. There is very clearly a film basis for 2e style Force sensitivity. You either have it, or you don't. Anakin has is. Luke has it. Leia says she could never have it, but she is wrong and she already does. If anyone can learn to use Force skills, then why would Leia say she could never have it?

In 2e, you can be Force sensitive without having any Force skills. Is Luke Skywalker, pre-ANH, Force Sensitive? We do know he is. He was born that way. Leia was too, but she still doesn't have any training by RotJ. I think the 2e Force rules are closer to what was shown in the films.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
You should have The Force work any way you see fit in your game.

Agreed.

Quote:
In TPM, the midichlorians are used to measure degree of Force potential (although they presumably could also be used to determine Force-sensitivity). The midichlorians are merely a plot device to show that Anakin was possibly the chosen one.

I hate midichlorians. It is one of George's big prequel mis-steps, in my book. I'm so glad the new films have chosen to ignore them and gone back to the Force being a mysterious religion.

As far as Force Sensitivity, I just don't see any reason to label it. I feel the 1E method of no labels reflects the original trilogy and the new films better than if the concept of Force Sensitivity were used.

People are people, and the Force is the Force.
Zulgyan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPISODE II: WELCOME TO TATOOINE

This is the most open-ended episode of the whole module. One must know all of it's moving parts and improvise a lot in order to adjust to the player's actions.

One of my mayor challenges as a GM, was dealing with a party that was constantly splitting. In D&D this nearly never happens. In my SW game it was happening all the time. But it is in the spirit of the movies, so I had to accept it and go with it. I think a did a decent job, cutting between the scenes as they developed at reasonable intervals of time. The result felt movie-like, but was a bit messy because of my inexperience with it.

Question:
How to you deal with spliting parties in your game? Any tips?

It would be too long to retell step by step how the episode played out, so I'll go with some highlights.

1. The PCs offered a 2000 credit bribe to the Customs Officer. I told them that they knew they were offering way too much (maybe the where not judging correctly the value of game currency, being new to the game and not knowing the relative value of the different purchasable items. They answered: "We just want to be sure we have no problem, and it's the Rebels money after all..." (part of the 10,000 credits given at the start of the adventure).

2. They went straight to the Cantina, but meet a couple of Jawas on the way. One character traded a blaster (of a dead bounty-hunter from episode I) for a useless "farm labor" droid.

3. At the Cantina, the PCs started asking around, not doing a very good job at hiding they where looking for Adar Tallon. I took it that Jodo Kast and his entourage was now aware that they had a competing party.

4. One player registered himself with Puggles Trodd, knowing he wouln't show up later for the job, just to find more about what the bounty hunters were up to. He did use his real name though.

5. The encounter with the Whiphid Bullies quickly turned violent. The Wookie PC closed in for melee (even attempted a grapple), while the other PCs were shooting blasts at the Whiphids! I felt this was a case of "firing into melee", but since I knew no rules for it, I simply went easy and simple, not applying rules consequences for shooting into melee.

Question: Do you use any "firing into melee" rules?

6. I skipped/ignored the Gambling, Lumguzzling and Romantic Moment encounters at the Cantina. As in a movie, it is better to keep the game-story focused, trying to avoid side treks that can bog down the pace or harm tone of the adventure.
Moreover each of these encounters focuses more on a single player than on the entire party. One player get's to interact with the GM, while the others are just watching.
I find the "Romantic Moment" encounter particularly silly and out of tone. I also didn't want to have a s*** and bothersome NPC following them around for the rest of the adventure.

7. When the PCs noted that Quist and his pals where leaving the Cantina, the "Kid" character followed them, rolling Hide/Sneak checks so as to not get noticed. Then Quist and his pals got into a lanspeeder and headed for the desert. The Kid stole a speeder bike and attempted a pursuit. But she was bad at the vehicle skill, so she lost their track after some rolls. She had to pay 50 credits when she returned the bike to its owner, so as to calm him down.

8. Akkik and Gorrt showed up at Tar Lup's store when only the Jedi character was there. Feeling totally overpowered, he did nothing to stop Jabba's bullies. The PCs preferd to leave justice for another ocation. Their mission at Tatooine was to get Tallon.

9. The PCs did not explore Mos Eisley throutfully, missing the encounters with Zardra and IG-72. I forgot to run the "street preacher" encounter. I might include it next session. The PCs heard the conversation about Heff's death, but did not went to his shop to investigate.

10. Two of the player's had told me (before they knew anything about the module beign run) that their characters (the Kid and the Rebel Sharpshooter) had lived their childhoods in Tatooine. I didn't want to ignore their backgrounds and I wanted to make them feel the story they had thought up was relevant. They used that knowledge and acquaintance of the locals to approach Edu Harn at the Cantina (I told them she was their teacher when they were children). She was going to introduce them to Labria, once he came to the Cantina later in the afternoon. But the PCs were impatient, and asked me if they remembered Slag Flat's silo location from their childhoods. I told them "yes, you remember how to get there", changing the module in this way.

So off they headed to Slag Flat's silo, they would meet Labria on the way...

NEXT, Episode 3: Blood on the Sand

Last edited by Zulgyan on Tue May 30, 2017 10:23 pm; edited 7 times in total
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Romantic Moment sounds like it could be too much of a distraction for a first time adventure. And I think the humor value of a tag-a-long admirer for one PC is higher if the PCs have been together for a while, so why waste something like that on an early adventure?
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zulgyan wrote:
In my SW game it was happening all the time. But it is in the spirit of the movies, so I had to accept it and go with it. I think a did a decent job, cutting between the scenes as they developed at reasonable intervals of time. The result felt movie-like, but was a bit messy because of my inexperience with it.

Question:
How to you deal with spliting parties in your game? Any tips?

Again, your instincts are correct. You sound like a very good GameMaster who just needs to get a better handle on a new game (which is why I suggested an easier adventure that would be easier to handle and minimize stuff like this).

My experience with SW games is the same. There's a lot more splitting up.

I do what you do. I play with one group for a bit, then I cut back to the other group. I try to keep it interesting for both sides. I don't want them getting bored.

Group Split Tips?

Here's a couple of ideas that might help.

Droids: Droids should be NPCs in this game (for some reasons I won't elaborate on now), and they are excellent NPCs.

You can use Droids to do certain jobs to keep from splitting the party. For example, if the PCs land on a strange world and insist on keeping someone at the ship while the rest go off on the adventure, then use the droid.

Instead of splitting the party and trying to think up something that will be entertaining for the PC that stays with the ship, just put the droid with the ship and keep the party together.

Alternative Characters: If you have other characters that could go with the party, then ensure that they do if you are predicting the party will split up.

That way, each player has a "character" in each half of the split party.

For example, let's say there's 4 PCs, and the party splits in a town. You have the party's droid NPC and a contact that they've made planet-side.

Allow a player to play the PC or the Droid in the other party.

That way, each player has a "voice" in each party (plus, they get to play something different than their own characters, which is sometimes neat. And, players playing NPCs takes some of the load off of you, the GM.)

The player plays his own character in party A. Then, when you switch to party B, allow the player to run the droid for a while. It gives him something to do, and sometimes, the droid will end up with more "character" with someone else playing him.

Allow Phantom Participation: I used to be a real ogre about keeping players quiet if their character wasn't around in the scene to offer comments to another player.

"No, don't go in there! Instead, send the droid! He's got a light on him!"

A sentence like this from a player who didn't have a character in the scene would drive me nuts. "Hey!" I'd bark. "You're not there--let this other player play by himself."

I've since stopped doing that as I realized that, even though I prefer no phantom participation, it does keep a player interested in the game when his character is not there.

So, the players with PCs who are offscreen, in the other part of the split party, just allow them to participate in the action and make suggestions to the ones playing if that will keep them interested in the game.

Otherwise, you run the risk of those players in the other group getting bored.
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zulgyan wrote:
1. The PCs offered a 2000 credit bribe to the Customs Officer. I told them that they knew they were offering way too much (maybe the where not judging correctly the value of game currency, being new to the game and not knowing the relative value of the different purchasable items. They answered: "We just want to be sure we have no problem, and it's the Rebels money after all..." (part of the 10,000 credits given at the start of the adventure).

Are any of the PCs true Rebels?

Make a GM note on this. The Rebel Alliance is a guerrilla operation. They are underfunded, understaffed, holding together with a prayer and a stick of bubble gum.

You can use this as an opportunity to have Mon Mothma dress them down for squandering valuable resources.

You also might want to consider this when it comes time to hand out Skill Points. That's not perfect play. They shouldn't be getting 10 skill points anymore with that kind of attitude against the Alliance, unless what they did really fits with their backgrounds.
Zulgyan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
You can use this as an opportunity to have Mon Mothma dress them down for squandering valuable resources.

You also might want to consider this when it comes time to hand out Skill Points. That's not perfect play. They shouldn't be getting 10 skill points anymore with that kind of attitude against the Alliance, unless what they did really fits with their backgrounds.

This is an excellent suggestion!

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:

Instead of splitting the party and trying to think up something that will be entertaining for the PC that stays with the ship, just put the droid with the ship and keep the party together.

I did this on the adventure. The Pilot character tended to stay with the ship. I told him the R2 could stay for him, and if any trouble came up, the droid would alert him via comlink.

Which brings another question: how widespread are comlinks in your games? In mine 4 out of 6 characters had comlinks and used them a lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> First Edition and IAG All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: