The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Character generation template [or example, if you like]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Character generation template [or example, if you like]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rasputiza
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Character generation template [or example, if you like] Reply with quote

I begun some weeks ago to explore the SW d6 system.
Since i'm an absolute beginner in the matter, i found sometimes confusing how the character creation process is described and depicted in the manuals (i own the 2nd and 2nd RE editions).

I was wondering if some character generation templates born out of my beginner experience could be useful for future beginning GMs, as a guideline and clarification tool for handling the process.

I just list out what i intend for it.
The idea is to provide a number of templates with different professions and different races where the process is depicted step by step, starting from scratch. Every step should be covered: from Attributes, to Skills, to Force powers (if any). There should be some comment boxes at some points to give some insight over crucial decisions (is the N/PC Force sensitive? is he going to be a Jedi? How is this going to affect dices avaibility? Wich effects will those decisions have over the N/PC behaivour and capabilities during future games? etc.).

I ask before beginning since, being a "nerd-game master", i probably will need some (much, to be honest) help from yer more experienced d6ers...

What do you think about it?
Ras
PsiberDragon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal thought is: Even if it might not help, it sure won't HURT to have the templates and whatnot put up. I'd say to go ahead and post what you've got, and let some of us (experienced or not) give input and/or insight.

http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1229

That discussion has a list of compilations of things from various sources, including a Template Collection.

You might want to look there and see if the template you're trying to make is already covered, or, alternately, comes close to what you're looking for and just needs to be modified.
Rasputiza
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the encouragement. Yes, i know that thread. By your final comment, I understand that i didn't explained myself properly.
By template i actually meant a reasoned step-by-step character creation "how to". In any case i'll gather a bit of material and start posting it here, so that everyone may comment, suggest, criticize...
Thanks again
Ras
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The character creation section in the 2nd Ed. R&E book has a walkthrough like what you describe.
Rasputiza
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

masque wrote:
The character creation section in the 2nd Ed. R&E book has a walkthrough like what you describe.

Yes, i know it, but frankly i find it not clear enough. Anyway, i'll try to put toghether my experiments and produce something in this thread, so that (as i said) you can hint, comment, criticize, demolish it... Smile
Ras
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the Lost Saga's Resources page:

http://www.mecha.com/~conkle/starwars/resources.html

It has a document called The Legends of the Old Republic Handbook. It includes a character creation section. Use that as a reference, and let us know what you come up with, or if you need any guidance.
Rasputiza
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, thanks for the info...
Ras
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: