The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The 10K Club
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> The 10K Club Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know what deities your DM's going to be using?
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Do you know what deities your DM's going to be using?

It's Pathfinder Society Play, not a regular GM, so the PCs, players and GM change with each session. Basically, there are several chapters of Pathfinder Society scattered all over the country and the one I joined is based in Fairfax, VA, about a half-hour drive from me. Sessions are usually posted on the calendar a couple weeks in advance, but it's haphazard and irregular as it depends on people's free time and ability to serve as a GM. Since Society Play uses pre-published adventures from Paizo Publishing and no one knows the party makeup ahead of time, it forces individual PCs to be a bit of a generalist so all the bases are covered.

...And by "generalist," I mean "take at least a point or two of Use Magic Device so you can use your own Wand of Cure Light Wounds as a truly dire emergency if the cleric is unable to get to you to heal you. And may the gods themselves help you if your party doesn't have a healer at all, because you'll need UMD in order to use that wand on yourself, but if you do, you'll provoke an Attack of Opportunity that will likely kill you anyway since you're at such low health that you felt compelled to heal yourself by pulling out your Wand of CLW, and dying to something that stupid is nothing less than what you deserve because you were foolish enough to go adventuring without a dedicated healer in the party."

But Pathfinder has an established pantheon of gods, encompassing evil, good, and neutral gods, but in Society Play, only good and neutral gods are allowed for player characters to take in order to keep things civil. This prevents evil characters from betraying the PCs "because that's what my character would do since he's an evil alignment." My god is Chaotic Good, thankfully.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy that. Sounds like the old RPGA for 1 and 2e adnd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: