The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Jedi Sentinel Force Powers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Jedi Sentinel Force Powers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:47 pm    Post subject: Jedi Sentinel Force Powers Reply with quote

Jedi Sentinel Force Powers
The Jedi that follow the path of the sentinel are the true enemies of the dark side, hunting down evil and stopping the spread of darkness wherever they go. You are a master of subtlety and difficult to tempt with the dark side, even when constantly confronted with its power.

Clear Mind
Control Difficulty: Easy if the Force adept relaxed and at peace; Difficult if the Force adept is filled with aggression, fear or other negative emotions; Very Difficult if the Force adept is acting on those negative emotions.
Effect: You clear your mind and attempt to avoid being detected by other Force-users, +4D modifier to opposed Force skill checks to detect the Force adept.
Sources: Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game Saga Edition (p.40), D6 mechanics by +Oliver Queen

Sense Force (REUP p.161)
Note: Jedi following the path of the sentinel become exceptionally talented at rooting out evil. They are able to sense the presence and relative location of characters, receiving a +1 modifier for every Dark Side Point they have.
Sources: Star Wars the Roleplaying Game REUP (p.161), Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game Saga Edition (p.40), D6 mechanics by +Oliver Queen

Dark Side Scourge
Alter Difficulty: Opposed by target's alter
Prerequisite: Sense Force
This power may be "kept up."
Effect: Against creatures with Dark Side Points, you deal +1 extra damage on melee attacks equal to your D in Perception.
Sources: Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game Saga Edition (p.40), D6 mechanics by +Oliver Queen

Force Haze
Control Difficulty: Moderate modified by proximity
Sense Difficulty: Opposed by targets Control or Perception, -3 for each additional target
Alter Difficulty: Difficult, +3 for each additional ally
Required Powers: Affect mind, clear mind
This power may be kept "up".
Effect: You can create a "Haze" that hides you and your allies from the perception of others. You can hide a number of creatures in line of sight equal to the D you have in Alter. Any opponent that moves into line of sight of anyone hidden by Force Haze, makes a opposed search check versus the Force adepts alter check. If successful, all hidden creatures are treated as if in full cover (cannot be seen). Force Haze is dismissed instantly if anyone hidden by the Force Haze makes an attack or moves at Cruising or faster.
Sources: Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook Saga Edition (p.40-41 "Jedi Guardian Talent Tree"), D6 mechanics by +Oliver Queen
Sources: Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game Saga Edition (p.40-41), D6 mechanics by +Oliver Queen

Resist the Dark Side
Alter Difficulty: Moderate
Prerequisite: Sense Force
This power may be "kept up."
Effect: You gain a +5 modifier to all opposed Force skills against powers with the [Dark side] descriptor and Force powers originating from any dark Force-user (any Force-user who has Dark Side Points equal to the D they have in Perception or control).
Sources: Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game Saga Edition (p.41), D6 mechanics by +Oliver Queen

Sense Primal Force
Sense Difficulty: Very Easy if target has Force skills or is Force-sensitive; Moderate if not.
Effect: Jedi who spend time in a diverse wilderness learn the nuances of the living Force at work within a wild ecosystem. When within a natural wilderness area, such as a jungle, a forest, a steppe, a swamp, or plains, you tap into the vibrant living Force of the area and can use Sense Surroundings to detect targets out to a 45 meter radius, regardless of line of sight.
Sources: The Unknown Regions (p.30), D6 mechanics by +Oliver Queen

Sentinel's Observation
Sense Difficulty: Opposed by target's sense or Perception
Effect: If opposed skill check is successful you are able to strike an opponent from concealment, gaining a +2 modifier on attack rolls.
Sources: The Clone Wars Campaign Guide (p.22), D6 mechanics by +Oliver Queen
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting aside the Force Haze and Elusive Target, I've always thought of the talents listed in the Jedi Consular, Guardians, and Sentinel trees as results of specific training regimens or ways of thinking, not Force powers unto themselves with some exceptions.

Wouldn't Sense Primal Force be the same as Nature Affinity? And Clear Mind the same as Force stealth?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
... I've always thought of the talents listed in the Jedi Consular, Guardians, and Sentinel trees as results of specific training regimens or ways of thinking, not Force powers unto themselves with some exceptions.

I agree and if you look at the powers, they are grouped more as to powers that specialized Jedi would take. There are some extra requirements for some force powers, like with Consulars now requiring a persuasion 4D. None of the powers require a special background, but sometimes indeed require a knowledge focus.

Forceally wrote:
Wouldn't Sense Primal Force be the same as Nature Affinity? And Clear Mind the same as Force stealth?

You are correct about Nature Affinty. I missed it as it did not come from any of the formerly published stuff by WEG. I will make the change.

Clear Mind is another power that did not appear in WEG products. Now that I am aware of it, yes it does match pretty closely to what I came up with for Clear Mind.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Side Scourge: The Saga Edition defines melee combat and melee weapons slightly differently than D6. The power says “melee” though it should probably say “melee and lightsaber” because in SAGA the lightsaber was used for melee attacks, which is not as implicit in D6 given that we have a skill “Melee weapons” and a separate “lightsaber” skill.

Also, the multiple action penalties really reduces the effectiveness of this power. Since someone would have to have 3D-4D to come out as a wash on average, I would suggest making the bonus +2 for every 1D in Perception.

Sentinel’s observation: This is one that we skipped early on in the process because of how small the bonus us. With a +2 it kind of neuters the effect when you take MAPs into consideration. This power would still be a gamble at +5, but at least good odds. You’d be trading a value of 1-6 for a known +5.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question about Force Haze. You have it here as a Control, Sense, and Alter power. But in the notes you sent me, it was a Sense and Alter power. So which version is correct?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Dark Side Scourge: The Saga Edition defines melee combat and melee weapons slightly differently than D6. The power says “melee” though it should probably say “melee and lightsaber” because in SAGA the lightsaber was used for melee attacks, which is not as implicit in D6 given that we have a skill “Melee weapons” and a separate “lightsaber” skill.

I took melee as all melee. Easy enough to add. Good eye.

cheshire wrote:
Also, the multiple action penalties really reduces the effectiveness of this power. Since someone would have to have 3D-4D to come out as a wash on average, I would suggest making the bonus +2 for every 1D in Perception.

Btw, the power is setup so that only one roll is made, the opposed. The prerequisite Sense is not rolled. So, its a single action power to activate. Also the damage modifier is not affected by MAPs. So if making a single attack with this power, you are -1D to the skill roll and +1 per D of Perception. Not seeing the big negatives you are citing. I could also be very obtuse right now.

I am thinking of changing the "... +1 ... equal to your D in Perception." to "+1 ... per Dark Side Point the target has."

cheshire wrote:
Sentinel’s observation: This is one that we skipped early on in the process because of how small the bonus us. With a +2 it kind of neuters the effect when you take MAPs into consideration. This power would still be a gamble at +5, but at least good odds. You’d be trading a value of 1-6 for a known +5.

So, two skill rolls a -1D map for a +2 modifier. Yeah, the math on that is wonky. I would change that to either +1D or +5.

I was thinking of changing "..., gaining a +2 modifier ..." to "..., surprising the target. They may not act this round except to defend."

Forceally wrote:
Question about Force Haze. You have it here as a Control, Sense, and Alter power. But in the notes you sent me, it was a Sense and Alter power. So which version is correct?

The Google Doc I sent you discussed Force Directed Shot and Rising Panic. The power Force Haze, I posted to the forums has always control, sense and alter. Here is a link to the original post.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: