The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Introduce Yourself - Redux
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Introduce Yourself - Redux Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Potroclo
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all!
First of all sorry for the multiple registration applications, I know these are reviewed manually, so thanks for the patience!

SW D6 player since I can remember here, coming back to it as GM after a few years hiatus, hoping to contribute some and having a good time much Smile
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Glad you could join us. Very Happy
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Pit, No Bot. Twisted Evil

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potroclo wrote:
Hi all!
First of all sorry for the multiple registration applications, I know these are reviewed manually, so thanks for the patience!

SW D6 player since I can remember here, coming back to it as GM after a few years hiatus, hoping to contribute some and having a good time much Smile

Glad it worked this time. Welcome aboard!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Adol_Ha
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all,

Adol_Ha here, new D6 player. Recently decided I wanted to RPG after years of non-RPGing, (I used to be a pretty active RPGer in the Eternal Empire Forums as Darth Barad-Dur, Commanding the Sith Imperial Ninth Fleet).

After looking into the many different types of RPG games, decided upon the Star Wars D6 which seems the easiest to get into.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. I applaud your decision to dive in to RPGs as well as your choice of systems.
Adol_Ha
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
Welcome. I applaud your decision to dive in to RPGs as well as your choice of systems.

Thanks!

As someone who as a busy adult with little free time on their hands, I was looking for one that I could easily do solo (don't have a group or anything). Star Wars D6 seems to fit the bill the best.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adol_Ha wrote:
As someone who as a busy adult with little free time on their hands, I was looking for one that I could easily do solo (don't have a group or anything). Star Wars D6 seems to fit the bill the best.
Do you mean solo as in just you or solo as in a GM and just one player (sometimes called "duet play")? I've done a lot of duet as either player or GM and some solo (just me) so I'm curious which you are doing.
Adol_Ha
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
Adol_Ha wrote:
Do you mean solo as in just you or solo as in a GM and just one player (sometimes called "duet play")? I've done a lot of duet as either player or GM and some solo (just me) so I'm curious which you are doing.

Solo as all by myself. As both GM and player.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you handle role playing for fleets on Eternal Empire?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Adol_Ha
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
How did you handle role playing for fleets on Eternal Empire?

It was all role-playing via round-robin style writing. Play by post you would say.

So at one point, there was a civil war event that was going on with the forums. We would have missions and campaigns where we would get say a dozen people, and then post what our characters did in a certain scenario. Like one mission I led an infiltration team to take over a Super Star Destroyer. One post we were walking, me giving telepathic commands to my team.

I get on the bridge, send the telepathic signal that it was time. The next ten posts were of each person writing how they each quickly overtook the bridge.

Doing RPg with fleets was similar. Unlike with a D&D style RPG, basically all enemies were NPCs that basically did what we wanted them to for the same of the roleplaying in the story. There were moderators who served as military hiearchy who judged the performance of each person after a battle to determine how well they had done. My promotion came from roughly 3 years as an active member on many missions and campaigns.

The only times that there were actual people fighting each-other was via our Sith training duels. Then it was the same round-robin type of style.

I write that I force-push other character into a wall. Other character writes that he hits the wall but uses the Force to absorb most of the impact. I then write that I charge at him with lightsaber and swing downwards. He writes that he uses Force to stop the lightsaber blade.

Hopefully it makes sense.
ThrorII
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another new guy here. I've played rpg's since Holmes Basic D&D in 1979. Played consistently from then until about 1988, then didn't pick it up again until 2003. I've played consistently for the last 16 years.

I've played D&D (Holmes, B/X, BECMI, AD&D 1e, 3.5, and 5th), Gamma World, Traveller, MERP, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT & Other Strangeness, TSR's Marvel Superheroes, ICONS rpg, Decipher's LotR, The One Ring, Warhammer rpg 3rd, and Edge of the Empire (I think that's about it for games I've played more than just once or twice....)

I owned the SWRPG back in the late 80s, but never played. I picked up the SWRPG and SWSourcebook (1e) recently, and really love the intuitive rules-light and cinematic-ness of it. My 'adult' group is playing FFG's Warhammer rpg right now, so I'm running my kids & wife through the SWRPG 1e in our home game.

Thanks for letting me in the door!
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! I love the way 1st Edition reads, though I've never had a chance to play it. I hope you manage to find some useful stuff here!
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThrorII wrote:
Another new guy here. I've played rpg's since Holmes Basic D&D in 1979.
If you played RPGs in 1979 then in one sense you are not exactly a new guy, although you are new to this forum.

And speaking of which, welcome to this forum! Very Happy
Barbarossa41
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all I am a relative RPG noob (have not got to session 10 in any campaigns)
Looking forward to some interesting discussions about SWd6 and Star Wars in general.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13

Jump to: