The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Introduce Yourself - Redux
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Introduce Yourself - Redux Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbarossa41 wrote:
Hi all I am a relative RPG noob (have not got to session 10 in any campaigns)
Looking forward to some interesting discussions about SWd6 and Star Wars in general.

Welcome!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Barbarossa41
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome!
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:03 am    Post subject: I am me, just me, sometimes at least Reply with quote

I am Norwegian, a Die hard Star Wars Fan and active roleplayer
I am not plagued by accelerated growth like the clones, but I am old enough to rember vader saying he was Luke's father.

Other than that I really don't know.
philharwell
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m new to the RPG, but am looking forward to playing. A friend of mine and I are planning on starting a 1st ed game in the near indeterminate future.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philharwell wrote:
I’m new to the RPG, but am looking forward to playing. A friend of mine and I are planning on starting a 1st ed game in the near indeterminate future.

Welcome. Any thoughts as to what sort of game you want to run?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
philharwell wrote:

Welcome. Any thoughts as to what sort of game you want to run?

Hello, phil. May I suggest for starters the classic rebel Spec Ops agents vs. the Empire?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
von Bek
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I should reintroduce myself.

I was active here around April 2006, but work, family and other things meant my time has been spent elsewhere in the meantime.

I'm a business owner and Dad of two teenage girls. The eldest is a keen Star Wars fan but the youngest not quite so much.

I'm trying to get a Rebels campaign started for them, hence returning here for the 'classic' era info that WEG did so well.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

von Bek wrote:

I was active here around April 2006, but work, family and other things meant my time has been spent elsewhere in the meantime.

I'm a business owner and Dad of two teenage girls. The eldest is a keen Star Wars fan but the youngest not quite so much.

I'm trying to get a Rebels campaign started for them, hence returning here for the 'classic' era info that WEG did so well.

Welcome back. Have you been able to lurk that long, or was it not on your radar?

cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

von Bek wrote:

Awesome! Welcome back!
ZepDek
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suppose I should post myself here. Been off and on this site. For the longest time I was with a group that only did D&D and pathfinder without any interest in D6 but I finally setup a group of work buddies who have been letting me GM them for about a year and a half of solid D6. They are loving it and I introduced them to this site, and I hope some of them decide to use it!

For how long I've been here, hell I don't know, it says 2005 but that feels like it's not long enough. I've been an avid D6 player & GM since about 1997 or so and I am seriously glad such an old system still has an active community!
von Bek
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Welcome back. Have you been able to lurk that long, or was it not on your radar?

No, I've been absent, the kids and work have kept me otherwise engaged unfortunately.

We have been enjoying Star Wars and even played some Clone Wars games with very/ultra simple mechanics as they've gotten older (it's their favourite period).

In the meantime I've (very) slowly accumulated a few Lego models, particularly the Falcon and X-Wing so I've persuaded them a Rebels-era game would be good, and this place was my first thought.

I really hope to hang around and add it to my regular haunts.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

von Bek wrote:

We have been enjoying Star Wars and even played some Clone Wars games with very/ultra simple mechanics as they've gotten older (it's their favourite period).

No way. I used to do the same with my kids in the New Republic period. What did you do for mechanics?
von Bek
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit of everything, from a modified Danger Patrol to Freeform Universal and Fudge.

Danger Patrol is basically 8 very broad 'classes' which are assigned a die size from d4 to d12. I just used those and made up a simple damage and weapon/equipment system.

Freeform Universal is made up Descriptors, which allow you to read the highest or lowest 6 sided die depending on whether they are good or bad in that situation. Then there's a simple little table to compare the result to. It works really quite well for something so simple.

Finally we've used some Fudge/Fate hybrid. Jetisson the mechanical part of Aspects and just run it as Fudge with the Aspects to guide you. That worked pretty well too.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZepDek wrote:
Suppose I should post myself here. Been off and on this site. For the longest time I was with a group that only did D&D and pathfinder without any interest in D6 but I finally setup a group of work buddies who have been letting me GM them for about a year and a half of solid D6. They are loving it and I introduced them to this site, and I hope some of them decide to use it!

For how long I've been here, hell I don't know, it says 2005 but that feels like it's not long enough. I've been an avid D6 player & GM since about 1997 or so and I am seriously glad such an old system still has an active community!

Well, welcome... back? Very Happy

Whill

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rancor Pit forums go back to June 2003.

CRMcNeill wrote:
ZepDek wrote:

Well, welcome... back? Very Happy

Indeed! I'm pretty sure ZepDek has a record, 13.5 years between posts (2006-2019).
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 6 of 13

Jump to: