The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Introduce Yourself - Redux
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Introduce Yourself - Redux Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grumpy Gamorrean
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy

Grumpy Gamorrean here

Been roleplaying since since the 5th Grade (1981'ish) when I got a copy of the D&D "Pink" box (Basic D&D Moldvey edition) and have been in love with RPG's ever since.

Strangely I never did get a copy of WEG Star Wars back in the day, I don't know why really? As I was a big SW fan of the Films/Cartoons (less so the Expanded Universe) I was always "aware" of what WEG was doing with their RPG's but I kick myself for never diving into their games. Though of course I was a poor teenager/early 20 something starving student so my money for RPG's/Wargames was very limited. Fast forward all the way to now basically and I am diving into the D6 world and WEG SW.

I grabbed the 1E Core Rules, Source Book, Imperial & Rebel Sourcebooks and the Companion via ebay a few years back and printed out a copy of the SWREUP book as well, but like so many RPG's I own I haven't dived deeply into them as I'm kinda addicted to RPG collecting.

Anyways atm I'm particularly interested in 1E though REUP isn't far behind. I'm also interested in D6's application as a Generic/Universal engine as my holy grail of RPG's is basically a HERO System light (HERO being my favorite RPG engine)

Anyhoo hello and looking forward to diving into the forums and learning about the rules engine and how it's evolved from 1E to REUP, as well as my fellow forum denizen's house rules & tweaks.
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Grumpy Gamorrean, welcome Very Happy
Noom68
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was 9 when new hope released in theaters- 16 or 17 when west end games released the 1 edition game and source book i had almost everything star wars when i was a kid but the action figures was my main collection. when the prequals released i turned to star wars D20. now when the sequals released and the fan sites like this one was showing interest in D6 again i decided to give it another try but i couldn't tell you where my 1 edition rules went, my daughter over heard me talk about loosing them and she bought the reprints for christmas well technically for christmas i got them early. she was afraid i'd order them before christmas got here
ThrorII
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noom68 wrote:
i was 9 when new hope released in theaters- 16 or 17 when west end games released the 1 edition game and source book i had almost everything star wars when i was a kid but the action figures was my main collection. when the prequals released i turned to star wars D20. now when the sequals released and the fan sites like this one was showing interest in D6 again i decided to give it another try but i couldn't tell you where my 1 edition rules went, my daughter over heard me talk about loosing them and she bought the reprints for christmas well technically for christmas i got them early. she was afraid i'd order them before christmas got here

Awesome!! Welcome!

Like you, I saw "Star Wars" in 1977 at the age of 8. I owned the 1e stuff, but never played until two years ago. It seems the majority here are 2e and REUP guys, but there's a few of us die hard 1E guys here.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noom68 wrote:
i was 9 when new hope released in theaters- 16 or 17 when west end games released the 1 edition game and source book

Star Wars (ANH) first released in 1977 and the 1e core book and sourcebook were released in 1987.

Noom68 wrote:
i had almost everything star wars when i was a kid but the action figures was my main collection. when the prequals released i turned to star wars D20. now when the sequals released and the fan sites like this one was showing interest in D6 again i decided to give it another try but i couldn't tell you where my 1 edition rules went, my daughter over heard me talk about loosing them and she bought the reprints for christmas well technically for christmas i got them early. she was afraid i'd order them before christmas got here

Welcome back to WEG SW D6! On this fansite we never stopped being interested in D6. According to Google, it is the world's leading forum devoted to WEG Star Wars.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Noom68
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i guess i was 19 then when i got the books????
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noom68 wrote:

But 16 or 17 at heart.

Wink
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dredwulf60 wrote:
But 16 or 17 at heart.

Wink

Aren't we all. I was actually 16 when I was gearing up to run my first Star Wars campaign.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
ThrorII
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noom68 wrote:

The poor guy's pushing 50 (like many of us).

Cut him some slack!!! Laughing Laughing
Antilles
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there!

I'm introducing myself: I'm Antilles, and I am glad to say "hi" here.

I'm returning to Star Wars D6 after almost 12 years. Then I was an online player (in a forum with very good old friends of mine), but we all know how slow the games in forum are and, eventually, the different adventures came into an hiatus and never restarted. Last year I found a mobile app (similar to messaging apps) designed to play RPG games and that was a true discovery. Almost all the good old friends that played Star Wars D6 reunited again through the app and... Now my group of players –and myself– are enjoying our fourth adventure!!! Very Happy

I have found The Rancor Pit Forums very very useful as GM, so I decided to join.

That's my story.

I hope you all be safe and healthy. May the Force be with you!
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Pit! Happy to have you!
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to everyone!
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Antilles, welcome Smile
Antilles
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Smile
fogger1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had dabbled in RPGing with the Ghostbusters boxed set in 1986, but when the Sar Wars RPG and Sourcebook landed on Waldenbooks shelves in 1987, I was hooked. I played with several sets of friends, usually GMing, up until 1999 or so, when my college group got hooked on the new White Wolf Aberrant game instead, and that became the new game du jour. A few years later I got married, moved to a new state and basically stopped gaming - not for lack of interest, but for lack of time and interested friends. (I never really liked the idea of going to a gaming store and trying to blend with a random party.)

Fast-forward to last year. The pandemic hit and so we were forced to finally get high-speed internet installed in order to work from home - I live in a rural area on an extended private drive, so they'd never run cable or fiber-optics to us prior. One of the guys from my high-school group floated the idea of trying to get our group back together to play virtually, and since I had the bandwidth now, we've been playing for a few months. It's been great, and I have missed it!

I still have all of my original WEG books (which is like 85-90% of what they published) and all of the books in .pdf form, but found my way here when looking for D6 stats for newer stuff. I've been lurking for a while and finally found my way in past some registration hurdles (thanks, Whill!) - I expect I'll mostly still be lurking, but I thought I'd introduce myself at least.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13

Jump to: