The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Azure Expanse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> The Azure Expanse Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roarthorin
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject: Retrieving the AI core Reply with quote

10/31/14

It was another quiet night on campus. Professor J called everyone to let us know that the little green mechanic for the AI had contacted her saying we are needed on Baleus right away. After getting our gear together, a lot of climbing equipment and a repulsor sled in case we have to excavate to get into the underground, we met up at the ship. Karr was unable to get out of prior responsibility and had to remain on Bothawui. Due to all the trouble that the pompless has been giving us me and the pilot Setyra go over all of the ship's systems. Setyra was able to find some minor carbon scoring on one of the hyperdrive circuit boards could cause us a problem if we encounter anything while in hyperspace so I replaced it. On the ship the professor explained that the little mechanic "little green guy" as she calls him contacted her in her dreams. She was sure it wasn't just a dream because it had the same "feel" as when we found that hidden panel on the ship. She was also able to communicate back to him to some extent. A bit odd for me but I've learned to trust the Prof. even when things are a little weird. We manage to arrive on Baleus with out difficulty for once thanks to Setyra's sharp eye and piloting skills. once there we use the Pompless's advanced sensor suite to determine where an entrance to the underground would be away for the main city. We find a cave entrance out in the arid areas. An imperial patrol sights us but we are able to out-maneuver them. we set the ship down in a large cavern a few miles away so that it won't be so noticeable from the air. This may buy us some time to get to where the little guy want us to go. After getting to the deeper underground entrance we find that the cave opening is very narrow requiring us to wriggle through to get inside. we are forced to leave our repulsor sled outside. Everyone makes it through starting with Davu until Setyra who was taking up the rear manages to get herself stuck. She wrenches herself back out but dislocates her shoulder and passing out from the pain. Davu revives her after wriggling back out and she gives it another go unfortunately getting stuck again. She scrapes herself up but manages to make it the rest of the way after a few more tries to get free. Davu is easily able to get back through and does his best to patch her up but is only able to do so much until she can have some time to heal. we press on as the prof gets another mental call from the little green guy. We press on through the cave managing to avoid a few pit falls in the floor from the cavern's ware. After we spot the second 5 ft. pitfall a creature armored and ratlike attacked us. Davu shouted out to warn us and called it a whopernink I think. Unfortunately in it catching us by surprise it went after injured Setyra. She went down unconscious. Me and the prof fired our blasters at it which apparently was a bad idea since the blaster fire reflected off its hide injuring me and the prof but not severely. Meanwhile Davu stabilized Setyra but she wasn't going to wake up anytime soon. I moved in to try and hold it off with my martial arts training though my attacks weren't very effective it at least hurt it a little. Martha was also dealing with another whopernink attracted by the noise. Davu's knife throwing once he was finished stabilizing Setyra was able to take it out the creatures. We made a makeshift stretcher and pushed on. After more traveling in the caves we came on some more but they were not nearly as dangerous since we didn't use our blasters and they also didn't get the drop on us. The earth shook a bit after a short while and a crunch told us we wouldn't be going back the way we came. After getting much deeper into the depths of the planet we came across a blood red mist that cause a foreboding feeling. Shortly after we came across a human who had fallen unconscious on the ground we helped him up and they came awake shrugging us off. Their scrapes seeming to rapidly disappear. They rapidly headed off down the corridors faster then we thought possible using no light source whatsoever we tried to follow but lost track of them. After a few twists and turns the wall next to us opened up and the little guy stepped out. He handed us an orb which he said was the AI core and that it was running out of power. We would need to get it hooked up to something soon or it would be lost forever. We accepted the orb and told the guy we would do so as soon as we could. He thanked us and left through one of his portal door things. We made our way back up toward the surface as quickly as we could using the scans from the ship as a guide. We wouldn't be coming out in the same place but we could get to the surface faster. Another large shake and we felt lucky the roof didn't come down on our heads. We double timed it until we came across A chasm in the path about 10m across and extending up and down as far as our light or prof J's echolocation could manage to see. We used the pitons we had to secure a safe anchor here and Davu climbed up our face secured a stable anchor with another piton that we tied another length of rope too and proceeded to swing across having Davu set a second anchor on the other side so we could bring Setyras stretcher across. After we made it out we were able to get setyra conscious again. Running back to the ship we managed get saryra on board before the man from the caves and a squad of imperial troops came in. After the man drew a lightsaber demanded for us to hand over the orb we proceeded to stall for time while Setyra could get the ship booted up. Davu engaging the guy with the lightsaber Martha and Professor J engaging the troops who were trying to set up an e-web. I fired my blaster at the cloaked man only to have him deflect my shot. Davus knife however struck home though only a glancing blow. figuring that a thrown weapon should work I pulled out one of the two thermal detonators I had wheedled out of the arms dealer a while ago I tossed it at him. he flicked his hand and it sailed up over his head blowing up two of the troopers near the entrance instead. Davu's second knife also struck a glancing blow. Martha and the Prof have dropped enough of the troopers that they won't be able to finish setting up the e-web. Setyra at this time yells down to us she has the ship ready to go we back into the ship quickly closing the door to the shuttle and fly out of there as fast as we can with the guy ranting at us the whole while. We are able to make it safely back to Bothawui and hook the orb up a power source. I go through and put in some requests for time on high energy intensive analytical equipment to cover the power draw. Not bad for a few days. Look forward to further investigating and communicating with the AI's core.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: