The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Need the Player "hook"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Need the Player "hook"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: Need the Player "hook" Reply with quote

I'm working on this new adventure/campaign set only days after the battle of Jakku.
One of the players is actually a distant relative of Palpatine, but does not know this him/herself.
One of the remaining Imperial factions not "chickening out to the unknown" has somehow managed to find out this information.
A rival Imperial faction has also gotten hold of this information and have decided to warn the rebels/republic. Not because they have any leaning towards the terrorists, but mostly because it offers one warlord to stick it to another.
At a later stage a third, tiny but well equipped faction actually begins to work with the republic forces, at least on the surface, naturally they have their agenda.

What I need is the hook on when the players are warned.

Any creative souls out there?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's about the players learn it, during the middle of a battle between two of those factions.. They say are working for the rebellion, to spy on one or more sides, and during the battle, he's recognized somehow, and that side takes it to 'defend the heir to the palpaltine empire'..
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this middle of battle idea.

I was actually thinking the players somehow met "too great" odds, with the presence of a Royal Guard, who the at some pivotal time recognize something visible, like a face birth mark/tattoo or an amulet with some crest (the crest being two in one, and one being house palpatine)
Then maybe the guard turns and saves the players, allowing to escape or complete the mission.

The guard in turn could be a further hook.

Or they may find a list of people on some computer, among them the known (by palpatine or the ISB or something) realtives if any of palpatine.

Thanks, now you got my brain working again
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you liked the idea.
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Need the Player "hook" Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
I'm working on this new adventure/campaign set only days after the battle of Jakku.
One of the players is actually a distant relative of Palpatine, but does not know this him/herself.
One of the remaining Imperial factions not "chickening out to the unknown" has somehow managed to find out this information.
A rival Imperial faction has also gotten hold of this information and have decided to warn the rebels/republic. Not because they have any leaning towards the terrorists, but mostly because it offers one warlord to stick it to another.
At a later stage a third, tiny but well equipped faction actually begins to work with the republic forces, at least on the surface, naturally they have their agenda.

That's a neat idea. Good job. I like where you are going with this.

I like how the Empire is fractured, too, with two Imperial factions with different agendas.

As for your question, I would fix the hook to the type of characters the players are playing. Who are they?

The answer will probably be different if the players are ex-Alliance veterans, coming home after the Battle of Jakku than if they are a band of fringers looking to profit by smuggling weapons and gear taken from retreating Imperial forces, sold to anyone with enough credits.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Need the Player "hook" Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
Mamatried wrote:

That's a neat idea. Good job. I like where you are going with this.

I like how the Empire is fractured, too, with two Imperial factions with different agendas.

As for your question, I would fix the hook to the type of characters the players are playing. Who are they?

The answer will probably be different if the players are ex-Alliance veterans, coming home after the Battle of Jakku than if they are a band of fringers looking to profit by smuggling weapons and gear taken from retreating Imperial forces, sold to anyone with enough credits.

Fair point, knowing who they are is sort of relevant.....a littel at lest, so yeah.

The group is 5 players, none force trained, but as much as two being force sensitive.

I have a Hot Shot Pilot
a Mercenary
A Spec Ops Infiltrator*
An Outlaw Tech
and a Kid*

THese are the templates. * being the force sensitives
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh. A spec ops infiltrator that is force sensitive.. That's gonna cause some potential issues..
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe.....
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Ohhh. A spec ops infiltrator that is force sensitive.. That's gonna cause some potential issues..

Only an issue if you have an aversion to DSP.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
garhkal wrote:

Only an issue if you have an aversion to DSP.

1 or 2 doesn't hurt
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. The first one is 'always free', as you can't roll less than a 1 on a d6.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: