The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Fan Made Sourcebooks & PDFs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Fan Made Sourcebooks & PDFs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soniv
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been meaning to make a sourcebook of home-made equipment I created, under an Imperial-supporting company, Keepsake Engineering. So far, however, I only have a few creations, and not much information on KE itself.

Another problem is that I lack Acrobat Writer, which would be nessecary to create a PDF file. If I finished it, though, it would be in the manner of the Fantastic Tech series of sourcebooks.

So far, I have a few creations I made back in 2001, hardly enough for a few pages, let alone an entire sourcebook. I might have them archived on an old GeoCities website, or at least a good amount of them.

They were Modular Cargo Pods for a Corellian Corvette, a new vessel, the TIE-Courier(similar to the TIE/sh in the SE Movie Trilogy Sourcebook, but armed, and slightly beefed up), and LEGO Bombs, thermal detonator-like explosives disguised as children's toys. I think I had also created the Scomp-link Datapad, but only as a prop, with no real stats.

If I find these creations, I might post them sometime in the Ships and Equipment section, and they will most certainly be included in the sourcebook, if/when it's created. The main theme is Imperial/law enforcement equipment, if anyone would like to submit ideas. Otherwise, I'll see what I can do on my own.
Lord Aramus
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acrobat is NOT required to create a .pdf file!

shame on you Razz

get your google on and look up a nifty little program called

PDF995

or use this handy-dandy findit link Razz

http://www.download.com/PDF995/3000-6675-10068482.html
Soniv
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I had no idea such a program existed. Now, to get to the real problem--source material!

I managed to find a good deal of my old stats in the meantime, but, as I feared, still not enough for a decent sourcebook. I might consider making floorplans of the Modular Cargo Pods to help visualize them until I get inspired for more tech.

Anyway, thanks for the link. Downloading now.
Lord Aramus
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad I could be of service Very Happy
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thought I would post an update.
The Mandalorian Sourcebook has been pushed to the top of my to-do list for a number of reasons. I am collecting equipment, Statistics, and illustrations for the work. I am trying to draw as much information from official WEG sources as possible. I am, however, having difficulty with the Back storry and general information. I will be scouring the books, magazines, and web sources available these next few weeks to gather data needed. If anyone has any good references for things Mandalorian (politics, organization, industrialization, people, etc) please point me to them so I may review them for use and inclusion. Where possible, I need the source cited for inclusion in the biblio if it is used.

So far the book is probably going to look like this:

• Intoduction - No Data-
• Background and History -No Data-
• Politics & Galactic Commerce -No Data-
• Traditions & Training - 5% Complete-
• The Clone Wars & The Jedi Hunt - 25% Complete-
• Characters & Personalities - 3 Entries-
• Weapons, Armor, & Equipment -20 Entries-
• Starfighters & Capital Ships - 4 Entries-
• Post Empire - 3% Complete-

I am using as much official information as possible in regards to stats, weapons, equipment, and ships, but there will be some extrapolative items and gear as well. As far as History, I am trying to present it in such a way as to be useful to Players who like the Prequels, as well as those who despise them, which means I am drawing some information from older sources that are now considered un-official. I will try to present the information that is conflicting in Sidebars or capsules. Keep in mind though, I am primarily creating this book for my games, and so I will favor the information I agree with.
It will probably be quite some time before this work is complete.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good so far, KR!

I wanna see! And maybe I'll get bored and help with something. *Shrug*
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Print Shop 15, which costs about $9.99 at a Wal-mart, for making my PDFs. Not a free PDF maker as offered above, but I've already got it on hand so I don't need to get something else.

As for how far along I am on my Dark Forces Sourcebook PDF, should have been working on it a little bit ago, but I took a little over two hours posting a reply in a thread over in the TF.N forums. Nice long post and I think I may add a part of it to the SW theories section of my website.

Anyway, I got around last night to coming up with a back story for Jaden Korr. I figure since he built his first lightsaber before attending the academy that there is a possibility that he may have originated in the Tapani Sector and had been a saber rake at one time. He could have started making lightfoils which helped him to get the needed experience for making a lightsaber. I used the saber rake template as a starting point for Jaden and it's intresting that it does include the lightsaber repair skill which is also used to construct a lightsaber.

Wanted Poster
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounding Good Hellcat. I am anxiously awaiting your book, as I have been a fan of Dark Forces (wish I owned it still).

I recently dug into my packed away books looking for some of my old Starlog and Star Wars magazines (which have much information on Pre-Republic era in the interviews with Lucas himself, back in the day before he changed everything). I was hoping to find the articles relevant to the Mandelorians and the great Jedi hunts. While I did not find what I was looking I did find 3 magazines circa 1993, written by Lucasfilm and published by Starlog...The Star Wars Technical Journal 1-3. They do contain a wealth of information regarding the Empire, the Rebellion, the Corellian Treaty, Palpatine's rise to power, Blasters, Droids, and specific ships. I was just glancing over them and it reminded me of why I disliked the prequels so... Also included are artist sketches of the Krayt dragon, and the Sarlac's full form. Allegedly, all of the information there in was taken from Lucas notes, and the production art of the Star Wars effects team...but I guess since Lucas said he never wrote any of this down these must be some horrible trick of the darkside Razz
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I should check in to report on my current project:

VEHICLES STATS

Those of you familiar with my previous "Stats" books (Aliens, Creatures and Starships) know what I'm talking about. A full compilation of all vehicles (speeders, walkers, swoops, watercraft, etc).

I'm done with all the official WEG stuff, and am halfway through with the d20 books. Then there's the d20 website and other semi-official fan-made stuff.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vehicles Stats update:

Finished with the d20 books.
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great News Gry,
can't wait to see it once it is ready.

Wanted Poster
Battlestar
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys its been a few days and just thought I'd post a update. The Templates Book is just about ready to go. I added in another 3 templates (bounty hunters) so the index needs a little editing. Since I suck and doing covers I'll just throw in a cover page or something.

For my next project I was thinking of doing a Knights Of The Old Republic Sourcebook.
Lord Aramus
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooooooooooOOoooOoooh.

KOTOR *drooool*
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, good to hear. I been trying to throw together a quick cover for you using Poser 4 + Lightwave...but the programs keep crashing Sad.
I plan on getting back to work on the Mandalore Sourcebook in a few days... the background and politics sections are proving tricky. I'm going to wing some of it.
• We know Mandalore was a sector, not just one world, and was also the name of one of the republic houses (perhaps they settled/owned the whole sector? makes sense.)
• We know they built their own ships.
• We know they built their own armor.
• We know they had a cadre of elite warriors with a code of Honor (The Mandalore Warriors). At some point these warriors came to battle the Jedi, though why is not disclosed (Perhaps because a house noble was killed by a Jedi council member?). It was mentioned many times Pre-Prequels that the Mandalorians helped hunt the Jedi. We know they finally had a massive battle with the Jedi and the Jedi won (must've been some sight to see).
• During these Jedi hunts, it was mentioned that the Mandalorian's had developed special combat techniques, training, and technology to combat force users.
• EU and semi-official sources make mention of the Mandalorian's exceptional metalurgy, and Mandalorian Iron (and extremely light and durable metal capable of standing up to even a lightsaber...). It is suggested this is why Mandalorian Armor is so strong and so sought after.

Still digging and trying to expand on these tidbits.
Battlestar
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a quick cover using the Heroes & Rogues cover and edit the title and added my own. Its not pretty but it does the job until somebody else comes up with something.

I'm hoping to be able to upload it either today or tomorrow. When I do I'll post the download link in the pdf sharing thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

Jump to: