The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

D6 Rules...What Have The New Films Changed?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> D6 Rules...What Have The New Films Changed? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darklighter79
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there was a gesture and a sound, so it looks like Yoda did it.

But I meant the Yoda's crane. Laughing
This empty sound of hitting Luke's head...
Also Obi Wan moved the vines as he was walking*
* waiting for argument that this was caused by the FX limits of that time. Wink
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, I invoke the TLJ Rule:
    "Just because it happened in The Last Jedi doesn't mean I have to include it in my universe."

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Darklighter79
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
In that case, I invoke the TLJ Rule:
    "Just because it happened in The Last Jedi doesn't mean I have to include it in my universe."

I will update it with "I invoke the TLJ and RotJ Rule (...)"

and quote my post from previous page:

Quote:
Topic is "D6 Rules...What Have The New Films Changed" not "What all GMs have to change in their games because of the movies"

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and quote my post from previous page:

Quote:
Topic is "D6 Rules...What Have The New Films Changed" not "What all GMs have to change in their games because of the movies"

And I will repeat my earlier assertion: none of us have to change anything about our games. Even when we were gaming under WEG's official rules and stats, WEG was quite clear that we were expected to make up new rules to suit the needs of our individual campaigns. I have never considered myself bound by the RAW if I didn't think the RAW made sense, and I feel the same regarding the Disneywars films.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Lifemerge is a homebrew power. Why is it imperative to change something I'm unlikely to ever use in a campaign anyway?

Darklighter79
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not remember where and if there are official rules to Force Ghost so I quoted REUP assuming that it was legit.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darklighter79 wrote:
I do not remember where and if there are official rules to Force Ghost so I quoted REUP assuming that it was legit.

REUP, in spite of its quality, is still a fan-made product. A quick reference is to go to the Force Powers page on the D6 Holocron Wiki. Official powers are in the left-hand column, while fan-made powers on the right. The Tales of the Jedi Companion has the most comprehensive list of official Force powers, although IIRC, there are one or two missing...

Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Lifemerge is a homebrew power.
CRMcNeill wrote:
A quick reference is to go to the Force Powers page on the D6 Holocron Wiki. Official powers are in the left-hand column, while fan-made powers on the right.

http://d6holocron.com/wiki/index.php?title=Force_Powers

Confusingly, the Holocron Wiki Force Powers page puts Lifemerge on the left side.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
http://d6holocron.com/wiki/index.php?title=Force_Powers

Confusingly, the Holocron Wiki Force Powers page puts Lifemerge on the left side.

Even more confusingly, it's actually in two different locations: the right-hand column of the Control/Sense list and the Special Powers section at the bottom.

Darklighter79
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding all-out movement from REUP:

Quote:
All-out movement takes its
toll on starships: a starship continuously going all-out
must make a hull code roll every 10 minutesThe first hull code difficulty is Very Easy; increase the difficulty one level for each additional roll. If the ship fails the roll by 1-10 points, it’s suffering strain (experiences
severe power fluctuations and so forth) and must “rest” for twice as long as it moved all-out.. If the roll fails by 11 or more points, the ship has suffered a mechanical failure and requires a Moderate repair roll and at least one hour of work.

To make it easier to calculate, here's some dialogues from the TLJ:

Quote:
FINN: The fleet's only got 18 hours of fuel left. We gotta hurry!

some time later:
Quote:
KAYDEL KO CONNIX: Admiral, fuel reserves at six hours.

The final DC to beat would be....

As for shooting in all-out: this limitation does not concern ships with turrets, right?
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seems reasonable. I don't see why turret gunners would care what speed their ship is travelling at, unless they were moving in tight terrain or engaging at very close range, neither of which applies to TLJ.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having watched TFA again it dawned on me that it seems there has been some changes made to how the force works that is imo very in line with parts of the d6 rules.

If we look the few scenes where we see Luke actually train Rey (TLJ) and even before we can see this change, but it is very obvious in TLJ and the training scenes there.

We see rey use the force, or rather we see her rel on her "reflexes and skill" that is enhanced by "this thing inside her".
This is raw talent, no form of training and it shows. She doesn't manifest ANY force powers.
She does however seem to have very keen reflexes and senses and a sense of precognition or denager sense.

I am not going into the "force bond" with Klo in this, but to me this is a easter egg back to Kotor2 and the bond between Meetra Surik and Darth Traya.

Back to rey and how the movie changed the force to mach the RPG D6 rules almost like hand in glove.

Once Rey is exposed to the mind probe of Kylo (who's actual power level at the time is unknown) she doesn't learn the power, she mimics it.
And here comes the whole change from before.

Rey learns to "learn the force her self" much like the rules we have for advancing force without a teacher.

While she learns from Luke to use and tap into the force, she doesn't learn ANY spesific powers, she "knows them all" by default, all forces users do.

With this in mind we can now go back to Luke's traiing in the prequals, here he was thought some spesific powers as well as how to tap into the force.
But the way he was thought was portrayed differntly.

Now if we look to how skills work, ALL skills under Dexterit has a minimum of XD+X Decided by the Dexterity score.

Dexterity 3D gives ALL dexterity skills at 3D and so on

Now it seems to me the force does too, and YES is more true to the trinity of alter, control and sense than to the 1 force dice IMO.

She learns alter by her "telekiesis", sense by her "visions" and control through the dicipline.

And then much like in the skills she now "knows" all powers for Alter, all for control etc and learns to use the force and thus the power needed for the task, rather than a set of powers she know all, all force users do...but many like with skills choose to focus on a few.

Here comes the list of powers in: Darth ScaryBadGuy uses "these" powers for the most part, the list there fr the players book keep,

So to me the last two movies have changed the force in a those two ways, they act like skills and are decided by their force attribute, there are three aspects of force use, the alter , control and sense,

And that you do not need in any way a teacher to teach you spesific powers, once you have learned the alter , control and sense "base powers you might say" you can now "use" the force when you tap in, the powers or so called powers is simply changed to the tapping into the force, and then using it as see fit.
Darklighter79
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This means that there’s an inherent danger in traveling through hyperspace. Contact with an object’s hyperspace shadow results in the instant destruction of the ship. (The object in realspace remains undisturbed.)

No longer valid after TLJ and RiseotS - assuming that during pseudo-motion ships were already in hyperspace.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darklighter79 wrote:
Quote:
This means that there’s an inherent danger in traveling through hyperspace. Contact with an object’s hyperspace shadow results in the instant destruction of the ship. (The object in realspace remains undisturbed.)

The last 4 posts in this thread before you bumped it today were posted Sep 2018, Jan 2019 (2), and Aug 2019. It is not clear who or what you are quoting here. After searching this thread and this whole forum, I went to Google and finally figured out from someone quoting the same text on the Holonet forum that you are quoting R&E p.117 (according to that citation). We all should please be more specific as to who or what we are quoting from, whenever we quote something and it might not be clear from context. Thanks.

See also this thread for another reply to your post above. Thank you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing. The new movies change nothing. In my game (and world view) the Disney movies do not exist. Disney destroys everything it touches. I simply cannot comprehend that level of evil. Walt would be horrified. It took me years to accept Jar Jar. Supergirl (with no training)...uh, no.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: