The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

D6 Rules...What Have The New Films Changed?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> D6 Rules...What Have The New Films Changed? Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 07 Apr 2017
Posts: 1452

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: D6 Rules...What Have The New Films Changed? Reply with quote

Considering the D6 rule set, what aspects of the Star Wars universe have been changed in either the prequels or the new flms RO, TFA, and TLJ?

In other words: Where do the D6 Star Wars rules conflict with what is shown in the films?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 07 Apr 2017
Posts: 1452

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I can bring up is how fast the Falcon exited hyperspace, launched an escape pod, then re-entered hyperspace in TLJ. Chewie did all that in a few seconds.

The rules say (I'm looking at 1E, but I think its the same for the other versions) that it takes about 1 minute for the Navi Comp to absorb pre-calculated jump data. The Falcon certainly didn't spend that long in normal space in the movie.

I thought I had read somewhere that, under the D6 rules, the hyperdrives need an hour or so in between jumps, but I can't seem to find that passage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mamatried
Captain
Captain


Joined: 16 Dec 2017
Posts: 545
Location: Norway

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
One thing I can bring up is how fast the Falcon exited hyperspace, launched an escape pod, then re-entered hyperspace in TLJ. Chewie did all that in a few seconds.

The rules say (I'm looking at 1E, but I think its the same for the other versions) that it takes about 1 minute for the Navi Comp to absorb pre-calculated jump data. The Falcon certainly didn't spend that long in normal space in the movie.

I thought I had read somewhere that, under the D6 rules, the hyperdrives need an hour or so in between jumps, but I can't seem to find that passage.



Could this have been in game terms some overly heroic roll allowing the ship to "blink" into real space for a second to launch the pod.
something like way beyond heroic .
I do assume by that time our hairy friend has a VERY high astrogation and pilot and any other required skill to pull it off using cps and FPs.


What I think is changed the most is how the force works, some things seems to be reflex, rather than a concentration, like the leia poppins moment, and Kanan jarrus' little flight.
Look at the connection between rey and kylo, it is way beyond anything in the game telepathy wise, after it actually made physical manifistations of at least water.

Luke's force projection, being controllable to bot being able to interact physically, as with Leia and be "air" like with Kylo.

Other things, is how and I think is a good thing, HUGE capital ships can in fact be piloted by as little as 1, as seen with v.a holdo.

I could list a lot more but have to see both 7 and 8 again to actually put my finger on them, as well as rebels.

Though in fairness I think Rebels has had the biggest impact on D6 game changes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector


Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Posts: 11935
Location: Reynoldsburg, Columbus, Ohio.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: D6 Rules...What Have The New Films Changed? Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
Considering the D6 rule set, what aspects of the Star Wars universe have been changed in either the prequels or the new flms RO, TFA, and TLJ?

In other words: Where do the D6 Star Wars rules conflict with what is shown in the films?


PRE those films, starships could NOT enter or exit hyperspace inside the grav well of a planet. Post those films they can.
Pre those films you couldn't receive comms while in hyperspace, post you can
_________________
It's Not who you kill, but how they die!
You cannot dodge it if you do not know it is coming, and you cannot hit it if you do not know its there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 07 Apr 2017
Posts: 1452

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: D6 Rules...What Have The New Films Changed? Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
PRE those films, starships could NOT enter or exit hyperspace inside the grav well of a planet. Post those films they can.
Pre those films you couldn't receive comms while in hyperspace, post you can


I believe the grav well stuff because it seems correct for ANH. But, where in the original trilogy is the can't receives comms bit?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 07 Apr 2017
Posts: 1452

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's something: Rey is pretty much self-trained as a Force User. Luke teaches her little.

But, she may be an anomaly. Luke, in TLJ, and Ben, in TFA, both tell her that she needs a teacher.

She grows in power faster than the D6 game would allow. TLJ happens soon after TFA...days. So, inside of a month (probably less), Rey goes from discovering that she is Force Sensitive to being a Master User of the Force (as we saw of her skills in TLJ).

The GM was waaayyyy too generous with those skill points/character points.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mamatried
Captain
Captain


Joined: 16 Dec 2017
Posts: 545
Location: Norway

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
Here's something: Rey is pretty much self-trained as a Force User. Luke teaches her little.

But, she may be an anomaly. Luke, in TLJ, and Ben, in TFA, both tell her that she needs a teacher.

She grows in power faster than the D6 game would allow. TLJ happens soon after TFA...days. So, inside of a month (probably less), Rey goes from discovering that she is Force Sensitive to being a Master User of the Force (as we saw of her skills in TLJ).

The GM was waaayyyy too generous with those skill points/character points.


I am not sure she grows in skill that fast. Also being untrained and fairly powerful is also not at all unheard of.

However, to me the less than optimal thing about rey is trying to make her some female anakin, rather than a "new" rey.

as to how fast she grows, we know she at least would have ASC al at minimum 1D+2 seeing her pick up and learn the mind trick.

However, IF she happens one of the many "the ones" then I would not be above her havinf som form of siphon ability as to the force, being able to use some abilities by seeing them having been exposed.


Also if we do go back to ANH we hear ol' Ben say that the mind trick woeks well on the "lesser minds" aka stormies not being very bright
we see this..............in the movie.

so To me the force is the biggest change, most if not all the characters and level can be explained
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral


Joined: 10 Mar 2009
Posts: 2103
Location: Pullman, WA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, Rey gained access to Kylo's force training and lightsaber skills due to the mind link done by Snoke. That's what I heard is the "official" explanation for her quick progress.
_________________
RR
________________________________________________________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mamatried
Captain
Captain


Joined: 16 Dec 2017
Posts: 545
Location: Norway

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
Apparently, Rey gained access to Kylo's force training and lightsaber skills due to the mind link done by Snoke. That's what I heard is the "official" explanation for her quick progress.



So in concept not much different that the link Mara Jade had with Palpatine that boosted her force powers.
The stats we have on her from the trawn scoursebooks is after the link is broken, and in books it is stated that the link made her stronger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector


Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Posts: 11935
Location: Reynoldsburg, Columbus, Ohio.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: D6 Rules...What Have The New Films Changed? Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
garhkal wrote:
PRE those films, starships could NOT enter or exit hyperspace inside the grav well of a planet. Post those films they can.
Pre those films you couldn't receive comms while in hyperspace, post you can


I believe the grav well stuff because it seems correct for ANH. But, where in the original trilogy is the can't receives comms bit?


IIRC from one of the WEG books Mentions ships can't receive comms in hyperspace.

Raven Redstar wrote:
Apparently, Rey gained access to Kylo's force training and lightsaber skills due to the mind link done by Snoke. That's what I heard is the "official" explanation for her quick progress.


How would that mind link inc Rey's force skills??
_________________
It's Not who you kill, but how they die!
You cannot dodge it if you do not know it is coming, and you cannot hit it if you do not know its there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 07 Apr 2017
Posts: 1452

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: D6 Rules...What Have The New Films Changed? Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
How would that mind link inc Rey's force skills??


Especially when Snoke died. I didn't see any drop in Rey's power. Instead, she took on several of the Supreme Leader's elite bodyguards. He powers were greater than before.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mamatried
Captain
Captain


Joined: 16 Dec 2017
Posts: 545
Location: Norway

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: D6 Rules...What Have The New Films Changed? Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
garhkal wrote:
How would that mind link inc Rey's force skills??


Especially when Snoke died. I didn't see any drop in Rey's power. Instead, she took on several of the Supreme Leader's elite bodyguards. He powers were greater than before.



I am not so sure that it is accurate to use the fight with the guards for this.

I would rather say her display of powers on Crait is showing a "too fast" skill growth if anything

But as to her fighting the guards.

she was not alone, this is a big thing.
Also, she showed from day one she was a good fighter, better than the ELITE stormtroopers bred and trained in combat since they were kids.
She whoopedidoopedidooo the thugs and the men of Unkar Plut.

But yes she is powerful, about the same I think as anakin would have been
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GlassJaw
Cadet
Cadet


Joined: 15 Mar 2018
Posts: 5
Location: RI

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
Here's something: Rey is pretty much self-trained as a Force User. Luke teaches her little.


I've chalked up most of the stuff like this in TLJ as poor storytelling choices than anything else.

I wouldn't read much into it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 07 Apr 2017
Posts: 1452

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GlassJaw wrote:
I wouldn't read much into it.


Only that it is now canon! Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Naaman
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 2408

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disney and Abrams have pretty much made it clear that they are "taking over" and doing away with pretty much everything that makes Star Wars, Star Wars. TLJ's chain of events (not to mention the dialogue) made this abundantly clear.

I consider everything after RotJ (including R1) to be "fan fiction" at this point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0