The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Ha ha. THis is funny.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Ha ha. THis is funny.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trusty
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Ha ha. THis is funny. Reply with quote

I never noticed this before as I never owned GG:Mos Eisley

Mace Windu
Species: Squib
Height: 1 meter
DEXTERITY 4D
Dodge 5D
KNOWLEDGE 3D
Alien species 4D+1, cultures 5D, languages
4D. value 6D+2
MECHANICAL 3D
Astrogation 4D+1, capital ship gunnery 3D+2
PERCEPTION 4D
Bargain 7D, con 5D+2, search 4D
STRENGTH 2D
TECHNICAL 2D
Computer programming/repair 5D
Force Sensitive?: No
Force Points: 1
Dark Side Points: 0
Character Points: 8
Move: 10
Description: A tiny, gray-furred biped with
tufted ears. He wears a small cap adorned with
tiny bits of metal serving no practical purpose.
Background: Mace has been across the gal-
axy, and is a wealth of useless trivia and
misremembered facts on the multitude of spe-
cies and planets in the galaxy. Mace agreed to
help Aguilae run her Droid shop because he
owed her money. He is loving every minute of it
and is considering openinghis own shop, buthas
no idea what to deal in.
Personality: Mace seems to be an airhead.
Actually he is a shrewd Squib, transacting busi-
ness and judging the importance of things ac-
cording to Squibvalues-thelove of bargaining.
Objectives: To honor the Squib tradition by
achieving the most convoluted bargains possible.
AQuote: "No deal. Trythat again, and I'll beon
you like a Squib at a two-for-one sale."
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And thus we learn of his legacy. Poor Mace. His name lives on only through Squib-kind.

Either that, or his parents *REALLY* hated him, and gave him a Squib name.
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, that is kinda funny.

weirdly named though
K_Feldspar
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps Mace didn't die after that ill fated trip out the window. Perhaps he falls to his near-death. At the bottom of his fall he is found by a poor family of squibs who take good care of him.

Maybe it's a common squib name. Perhaps the jedi had stupid parents who named him that way after they overheard those sounds being spoken by some strange aliens in a star port.

Perhaps he was a controversial fellow being hunted as a youth. His parents gave him a name no one would believe to follow, and then gave him to the jedi order.

All kinds of stories we could work in here...
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with K_Feldspar. Maybe he didn't die when he fell out of the window but was in a coma with severe head trauma and taken in by a very kind and sympathetic Squib family. when he awoke from the coma he had amnesia and the squib family raised him as there own. when they scavenged enough they paid for a species change operation turning him into a squib. Laughing

Wanted Poster
Dondoozat D. Jawa
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think George cooked up the name Mace Windu (or Mace Windbag, as I prefer to call him) back in the '70's and just never assigned a character to the name, West End likley found it material Lucasfilm forward them at some point and just took it for use on the Squib.

Still, the aforementioned theories are good for a chuckle

"Mop Lou, dink dink! Hee hee!"--Akkik the Jawa, from said supplement
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd noticed the Mace squib a long time ago, very weird thing. If the name was something GL came up with but never used and WEG picked it up, or GL actually got from WEG and assigned to the Jedi Master, or if this was just a big coincidence, it's something that remains unknown and burried in rumors.

However there was a story (don't know which medium, comics, novel, whatever) released some time after Ep2 that tried to explain the coincidence in-universe. Mace Windu (the Jedi) fought an important battle in Squab, the squib homeworld. He won the battle and became a sort of national hero on the planet. This explain why some squibs were named after him. However, this explanation is flawed, since Mace Windu's (the squib) real full name is actually Macemillian-winduarte'.

Edit: I did a little searching, and found the info on the story I mentioned above. It appeared on Star Wars Insider #69, on an Holonet News article written by Pable Hidalgo (the same guy who wrote "Spare Parts" in the Adventure Journal #11, Mace's debut). The news reports on king Ebareebaveebeedee putting up a statute to honor Mace's aid against Separatist battle droids.
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When WEG got the RP license they worked with Lucasfilm a lot. Mostly because WEG developed a lot of the character, backstory, ect to a universe that we only saw a small part of. Lucasfilm had access to all of George's notes, comments, ideas, ect; and West End used a lot of his material when they fleshed out their material. Mace Windu just happened to be a name a WEG employee saw, liked, and used since it had not been used in the movies.
That's improbable?
And the Empire will be destroyed by..EWOKS!
That's...highly unlikely.
The Force? Bacteria called midichlorians.
If you don’t take this seriously I'm out.
Tejma_Muhog
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't there also an early character named Mace Windy? Or Deak Windy, or one of those?

How about this as an in-game explanation:
Mace (the Jedi) falls to his apparent death but some of his key internal organs (like brain and heart) still function ... which means we can tack on to the "Vader on the operating table" scene a corollary scene in which Mace is being tended by a bunch of Squibs who discovered him. (After all, Squibs like to tinker with machines -- why not half-dead Jedi?)

Instead of screaming in agony on the table, which isn't very Mace-like, he just looks at the medical droid and says "Git tha f*** out my face wit dat sh**!" Then, as Vader is elevated into camera view, you cut back to Mace, who is likewise elevated and suddenly looks like any other Squib.

NnnnnnOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

(Sorry, I guess last night's "South Park" inspired me.)

After all, does the Mos Eisley Galaxy Guide say anything about Mace the Squib NOT talking like Samuel L. Jackson?

Heh heh... I think I have a new favorite "Mace-didn't-really-die" theory.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice, whacky theory. Now we just have to figure out why the "reborn" Mace Windu, now a squib, went on to become a used droid salesman on remote Mos Eisley - Tatooine.

Humm... he probably found out OB1 had survived and was in hiding on Tatooine, se he went after him. However, Mace isn't the type of guy who could stand a heremit's life in the middle of nowhere, he needs an active nightlife. So he settled on Mos Eisley, where he could have some action and still meet up with his old Jedi pal from time to time. One day he had a Force-vision that an old R2 unit would be the key to toppling the Empire, so he set up a used droid shop in the hopes that he'd find the saviour droid. Now, I just don't understand why in Ep4 Obi-Wan didn't pick him up to help him along with the Alderaan mission....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: