The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Hekula "Sneak", Dug Pilot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Hekula "Sneak", Dug Pilot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adol_Ha
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:28 am    Post subject: Hekula "Sneak", Dug Pilot Reply with quote

This is one of four characters I've created, but have spent a bit more time on developing. I based him loosely off the Legends character of the same name. Dugs also only get 12 Attribute Dice, so it's within that limit.

Dex: 3D - Dodge 4D, Melee 4D
Know: 1D - Languages 3D
Mech: 4D - Pilot: Starship 5D, Pilot: Repulsor 5D
Percep: 2D - Stealth 3D
Str: 1D - Brawl 2D
Tech: 1D

The son of the famous podracer Sebulba, he was gifted the podracer of Anakin Skywalker by his father. But, after crashing and being disqualified during his first race, he was kicked out of his dad's house.

He was one of the first to join the Rebellion from his race. Considered a rude person, he has mastered the language of each person he has worked with, including both Gungan dialects, Semblan, Huttesse, Zygerrian and Basic.

Called "Sneak" to his face, he doesn't know that his real nickname is "The Cowardly Dug" as he is more likely to bail during a fight that stand and he is extremely selfish.

Quote: "Tell me your favorite language. Why? Because I want to insult you in it."
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Hekula's a PC, he starts with 12+6 attribute dice, i.e. 18D. The 'attribute dice' tag for a race is what any random NPC would tend to have - i.e. "Joe Blow" Dug dugging down the street would have 12D attribute dice, just like "Joe Blow" Human ... humaning? down the street.

I might also have included any Story Factors for the race - in this case the Story Factor: Reputation, and it'd be nice to include Move as well - 11 for a bog standard Dug, though you can use attribute dice to buy it up.

I wonder slightly about what ruleset you're using - Pilot: Repulsor would ordinarily be Repulsorlift Operation, and Pilot: Starship would tend to be either Space Transports or Starfighter.
Adol_Ha
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarn wrote:
If Hekula's a PC, he starts with 12+6 attribute dice, i.e. 18D. The 'attribute dice' tag for a race is what any random NPC would tend to have - i.e. "Joe Blow" Dug dugging down the street would have 12D attribute dice, just like "Joe Blow" Human ... humaning? down the street.

I might also have included any Story Factors for the race - in this case the Story Factor: Reputation, and it'd be nice to include Move as well - 11 for a bog standard Dug, though you can use attribute dice to buy it up.

I wonder slightly about what ruleset you're using - Pilot: Repulsor would ordinarily be Repulsorlift Operation, and Pilot: Starship would tend to be either Space Transports or Starfighter.

Okay, I wasn't sure if 18 was the standard for all PCs or if it's just for human PCs.

I didn't think about adding story factors.

As for the ruleset, I wasn't using a ruleset. I was actually just using character sheet template I found online. The "Pilot: Repulsor" style was how it was worded on it.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This character definitely has some nice quirks. Perhaps consider putting some of his additional attribute dice into Knowledge and bumping up his languages skill?

Why did he join the rebellion, and how does he function in it? I could see him being an intelligence operative, knowing so many languages.
Adol_Ha
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
This character definitely has some nice quirks. Perhaps consider putting some of his additional attribute dice into Knowledge and bumping up his languages skill?

Why did he join the rebellion, and how does he function in it? I could see him being an intelligence operative, knowing so many languages.

I could indeed beef up his languages, seeings as he has an additional 6 die that we can play with. Wouldn't be that hard.

His reason for joining the Rebellion is simple. He's the ultimate contrarian. In my fanon version of events, most Dugs celebrated the Empire and considered it to be a good thing. So, he is anti-Imperial because the rest of his people are pro-Imperial. He joined the Rebellion before the Ghomarian Massacre of 2 BBY.

I see his role as being a more Rebellion-dedicated version of Han Solo. A pilot whose got a lot of underworld connections. So intelligence operative may fit, but he'd never commit to such a sole role.
Adol_Ha
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an updated Hekula stats. Still haven't decided on the remaining attribute dice. Tweaked the story factor to fit to him.

Dex: 3D - Dodge 4D, Melee 4D
Know: 3D - Languages 5D, Streetwise 4D
Mech: 4D - Pilot: Starship 5D, Pilot: Repulsor 5D
Percep: 2D - Stealth 3D
Str: 1D - Brawl 2D
Tech: 1D

Story Factors: Reputation: Super rude and crude, most sentient peoples dislike him. Most people who don't know him figure he's a hencemen for either the Pyke Syndicate or the Hutts.

The son of the famous podracer Sebulba, he was gifted the podracer of Anakin Skywalker by his father. But, after crashing and being disqualified during his first race, he was kicked out of his dad's house.

He was one of the first to join the Rebellion from his race. Not for ideological reasons, but because he's a contrarian and most Dugs actively help the Empire. So therefore he must actively fight them.

Considered a rude person, he has mastered the language of each person he has worked with, including both Gungan dialects, Semblan, Huttesse, Zygerrian and Basic. His favorite thing to do is to insult people in three different languages, their own native language and both dialects of Gungan.

Called "Sneak" to his face, he doesn't know that his real nickname is "The Cowardly Dug" as he is more likely to bail during a fight that stand and he is extremely selfish.

Quote: "Tell me your favorite language. Why? Because I want to insult you in it."
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You throw 2 pips each into Str, Per, and Tech, and split the remaining die between Know and Dex...?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: