The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Adventurer's Journal Presents...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Adventurer's Journal Presents... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone wants to do proofreading or edits, go on Facebook, join the group for the Adventurer's Journal, and talk to Brian. You can never have enough proofreaders. I'm sure he will put you to work doing something. However, you probably won't be doing much until mid to late October.

The Chijawa said so, that's why.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many Pit members contributed to this issue? I don't know all the real names that go with the screen names.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot to mention you did the first article in this issue!

CRMcNeill wrote:
How many Pit members contributed to this issue? I don't know all the real names that go with the screen names.

Great question! Even if you don't want to share your real name, I'd like to hear from everyone here who contributed to either or both of the first two issues. Please chime in!

My only real contribution to the AJ so far was to the wording of the tagline at the bottom of the covers: "Celebrating over 30 years of Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game". I also had a little to do with the Rancor Pit ad in both issues, but most of the work was done by hisham and cheshire.

I'm on the slate to write an article for the History-themed issue.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
You forgot to mention you did the first article in this issue!

Well, yeah, but that's not too hard to figure out.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote the article about the Sen-Dro and did all of the black and white drawings (for that article). John Gendall and his padawan did the color images. I need to clean up my drawings a bit if I am going to use them in future issues.

Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, excellent work, everyone! And of course, specifically those here at the 'Pit.

And bobenhotep, had no idea you drew! Well done with the Sen-Dro design. There's definitely an old WEG flavor to it.

Reminds of the artwork in the Planets of the Mists supplement specifically, and Stephen Crane or John Paul Lona's work there, though I know they have many other WEG contributions.
Voltron64
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobenhotep wrote:
Voltron64 wrote:
bobenhotep wrote:
I stand corrected, once again. Issue #2 will come out on Friday, August 3rd, 2018. I made a template for the bird aliens, which you can find in my template thread a few down from this one, or by clicking this----> Sen-Dro Spacefarer

First off, where do you get that template sheet?

The link should be good. I got the sheet by making it up from scratch. I can make a blank one if you want, and make a link for it.

I'd like that. Thank you.
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telsij wrote:
Wow, excellent work, everyone! And of course, specifically those here at the 'Pit.

And bobenhotep, had no idea you drew! Well done with the Sen-Dro design. There's definitely an old WEG flavor to it.

Reminds of the artwork in the Planets of the Mists supplement specifically, and Stephen Crane or John Paul Lona's work there, though I know they have many other WEG contributions.

Thanks. I read the alien descriptions in the sourcebook and tried to discern a pattern of how they laid out their paragraphs, then patterned mine to be similar. At first I didn't want to use any of my drawings, but I decided to draw out what these guys looked like and draw some of their tech to help explain what the Sen-Dro were all about. There was a lot I could have done better, but this was my first article written for anything ever. I hope there is room in issue 3 for a write up about one of the Senaar Cylinders in the New Senaar system as a location for future adventures.

Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side note: love the Bowie homage in the Solitaire adventure. Well done, all.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lulu-ready print-on-demand links for those wanting to order a copy of Adventurer's Journal Vol. 1, No. 2.

Adventurer's Journal Vol. 1, No. 2 (RGB)
Adventurer's Journal Vol. 1, No. 2 (B&W)
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. As of early this morning, the latest issue of the AJ has been downloaded approximately 162 times. I know we have a lot of lurkers, but anyone have any more comments about it?

As a side note I find it odd that the single-page view document is 5 times more popular that the 2-page view document. I personally like the 2-page view more.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
ReverendKeaton
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Thanks. As of early this morning, the latest issue of the AJ has been downloaded approximately 162 times. I know we have a lot of lurkers, but anyone have any more comments about it?

As a side note I find it odd that the single-page view document is 5 times more popular that the 2-page view document. I personally like the 2-page view more.

I have not had a chance to actually go through it yet although I have downloaded it. I prefer the single page for reading on the computer. However I do like the two page view as I am getting ready to print and bind it and I believe it may work better to get the size to fit the original journals I have on the shelf.
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

Overall, the content is quite good. The various departments and regular features are interesting (there is always a Solo adventure, etc) and that there is a overarching plan and structure in place is excellent and bodes well for the series' staying power and longer term prospects.

If anything, my only minor critique would be that the choice in cover art -- while well drawn pieces -- do not seem very "Star Wars" to me, the tech depicted is too much like other "futuristic" sci-fi and has less of the pulpy "lived in" visual style of Star Wars. That's a minor nitpick however, and as illustrator myself, I am especially glad to see that they've reached out to the respective artists and secured their permission to use various works.

And like Reverend Keaton above, I prefer the "single page view" doc as well, as a two-page layout on my old macbook screen winds up displaying the text *just* a shade too small.
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telsij wrote:
Whill wrote:

Overall, the content is quite good. The various departments and regular features are interesting (there is always a Solo adventure, etc) and that there is a overarching plan and structure in place is excellent and bodes well for the series' staying power and longer term prospects.

If anything, my only minor critique would be that the choice in cover art -- while well drawn pieces -- do not seem very "Star Wars" to me, the tech depicted is too much like other "futuristic" sci-fi and has less of the pulpy "lived in" visual style of Star Wars. That's a minor nitpick however, and as illustrator myself, I am especially glad to see that they've reached out to the respective artists and secured their permission to use various works.

And like Reverend Keaton above, I prefer the "single page view" doc as well, as a two-page layout on my old macbook screen winds up displaying the text *just* a shade too small.

I've seen the stats and I'm definitely in the minority on liking the 2-page view better. I haven't spent a lot of time reading it so maybe I would need to zoom in more.

As far as the covers, I do see your point but it seems they are trying to avoid using official Star Wars art (and art without permission as you stated).
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
As far as the covers, I do see your point but it seems they are trying to avoid using official Star Wars art (and art without permission as you stated).

True! Although there is a lot of high-quality, unofficial Star-Wars-specific fan art out there. I also get the impression they're maybe intentionally going for that harder sci-fi look with the covers, as a stylistic call by their head honcho?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: