The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The LIBRARY of FAN-MADE SUPPLEMENTS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> The LIBRARY of FAN-MADE SUPPLEMENTS Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a little update on my work - The Force Compendium.

Yes, I'm planning to post an update to my work soon.

Will there be new powers from The High Republic works? Yes - one of which has previously been created and placed in a fan sourcebook.

I plan on adding sections that incorporate previous works. For instance, a section on Jedi training, including information that has been previously published in GG9. I'm also planning to incorporate a section that has been previously published in Adventure's Journal Issue 6, as it proved to be the key I needed to "convert" a section from the JATM that I wasn't able to do before.

I read the Secrets of the Sith. While it had information and provided some new details, there was nothing in it that I could really use. Not even the information about the Force Dyad and any powers associated with it. Thankfully, an online article from Screenrant gave me what I needed.

And yes. I can confirm that the Force tradition found amongst the Chiss will be included. There are six sources I needed to look at for that - Zahn's more recent works starring Thrawn. His Thrawn Trilogy for the Canon continuity and the Chiss Ascendancy trilogy. The final novel of the Ascendancy Trilogy is the only one I need to look through. Here's hoping it has some more info. There are numerous references to Third Sight and Second Sight, but is that it? No First Sight? No Fourth Sight or other "Sights", so as to speak? This is the main stickler point that's holding me back from making an update now.

Here's something I need help on. I want to include a section about the various meditation techniques that have been seen in Star Wars - Legends and Canon. I looked at what the Wook has, and while I think I can make use of it, it didn't have exactly what I was looking for. I'm familiar with the Quey'Tek meditation from The Cestus Deception that Asajj Ventress used to hide her presence in the Force, some kind of meditation that Atton Rand used, and the Jeswandi techniques of the Bothans that Girov Dza'tey used to gain control of the Irrukines in the X-wing comic Requiem for a Rogue. These are what I'm looking for. Are there any others?
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:42 pm    Post subject: Force User's Handbook Reply with quote

Force User's Handbook updates
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject: 1e Character Sheet, Templates, Charts and Tables (Original) Reply with quote

https://rancorpit.com/forums/downloads/index.html

No biggie, but I added a document that is the 1e Character Sheet+PC templates+Charts & Tables for the original core book. What we had before was only for the 30th anniversary edition, and there are some minor differences. Kudos to someone who finds them all.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NEW --> The Force Compendium (revised & expanded Dec 24, 2021)

Check out this updated fanbook! One of the only living documents on the Library that gets updated.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

Quote:
NEW --> The Force Compendium (revised & expanded Dec 24, 2021)

Check out this updated fanbook! One of the only living documents on the Library that gets updated.

Hey, they keep printing Star Wars novels and comics. Now that we have yet another iteration of RPG works coming soon and a number of TV shows, the odds of new powers and Force traditions appearing are high. I keep up with them as I can and update the work accordingly.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for some assistance in terms of editing styles. I'm thinking of changing the colors for some section. I can change the color of the text - that's easy. I highlight a paragraph, and I can change the background color - to yellow for example. But the rest of the page is still white. I want to change the entire page to a different color. Take a look at some of the pages of the FFG books. They're of a different color or has a picture covering the entire page. I can't put a picture covering the entire page in the background, like placing the Jedi Order symbol in the background and then add the text on top of it. But I would like to change the color of various pages. How can I do that?
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
Hey, they keep printing Star Wars novels and comics. Now that we have yet another iteration of RPG works coming soon and a number of TV shows, the odds of new powers and Force traditions appearing are high. I keep up with them as I can and update the work accordingly.

A lot of our documents could be updated with newer stuff, but aren't. A lot of the authors aren't even here any more. You and the Force Compendium updates are. Thank you.

Forceally wrote:
I'm looking for some assistance in terms of editing styles. I'm thinking of changing the colors for some section. I can change the color of the text - that's easy. I highlight a paragraph, and I can change the background color - to yellow for example. But the rest of the page is still white. I want to change the entire page to a different color. Take a look at some of the pages of the FFG books. They're of a different color or has a picture covering the entire page. I can't put a picture covering the entire page in the background, like placing the Jedi Order symbol in the background and then add the text on top of it. But I would like to change the color of various pages. How can I do that?

I'm sorry, I don't know how to change page background color or add images to the background. I don't know who does. A few pages back I asked for help in how to reduce the file size of the R&E color templates PDF I had made, and got crickets.

But if you do figure it out, I would like to suggest not doing that. I find it makes them harder to read, and I know I am not the only one. If you are dead set on it, then a further friendly suggestion would be to make background color/images very, very light, and keep the text very dark. Thanks for your consideration.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Forceally wrote:

A lot of our documents could be updated with newer stuff, but aren't. A lot of the authors aren't even here any more. You and the Force Compendium updates are. Thank you.

Forceally wrote:

I'm sorry, I don't know how to change page background color or add images to the background. I don't know who does. A few pages back I asked for help in how to reduce the file size of the R&E color templates PDF I had made, and got crickets.

But if you do figure it out, I would like to suggest not doing that. I find it makes them harder to read, and I know I am not the only one. If you are dead set on it, then a further friendly suggestion would be to make background color/images very, very light, and keep the text very dark. Thanks for your consideration.

It was just an idea I was considering. I just thought it would make things a little more appealing visually. Here were some ideas I had:
Disciples of Twilight: White on a black background
Baran Do: Brown on an orange background
Unknown regions/Chiss: Red or Dark blue on a light blue background
Matukai: Dark green on a light green background
Jedi: No change
Sith: Red on a black background.

I think at the very least I'll add a line to all the entries. It'll be Status with the options Canon or Legend. I know for certain that the Force powers I created recently focusing on plants will be Legend.
Altobanor
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:30 pm    Post subject: Brand New Member Reply with quote

Hello!

My name is Brian and I am a long time Star Wars D6 fan. I have a couple of questions about resources and where I can upload them, if that is even possible.

I re-created the "Star Wars Rules Upgrade" insert (it looks almost identical) and was looking for a place to share it. I know I could have just used the scans but I wanted a better quality print.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Brian
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have your uploads on line already, you can link them in a post, using the [url] button option. From there, we can download on our own, and Whill has the option to add it to the Rancor Pit download library (he usually asks permission here first).

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Altobanor
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you CRMcNeill! I'll post the link here to a Google Drive folder. Hopefully, you can get access to it and download it. Let me know if this works or not.

Brian

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xjD1YOe0WRHpGkr-4w1ZVOpLL3FImEAu?usp=sharing
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need your opinion on something. I'm looking at the RPGGamer.org site. I have to admit that it has a large selection of stats from many SW works. When it comes to these stats, I take their "canonicity" in the following order:

WEG works
Conversions from WOTC (OCRB and RCRB)
Conversions from WOTC (Saga)
Conversions from FFG
Home-brew stats from this site
Home-brew stats from the defunct SWRPGNetwork - what few that can be salvaged
Home-brew stats from RPGGamer.org

Question: Should I incorporate into my Force Compendium any of the powers that I might find on that site that I think would be a good fit. I admit that one or two of what I've created have been featured on that website under different names. For that matter, am I permitted to do this? Don't want to deal with copyright issues. At the very least, there's an entry or two from that listing that have given me some ideas for new powers.
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Brand New Member Reply with quote

Altobanor wrote:
Hello!

My name is Brian and I am a long time Star Wars D6 fan. I have a couple of questions about resources and where I can upload them, if that is even possible.

I re-created the "Star Wars Rules Upgrade" insert (it looks almost identical) and was looking for a place to share it. I know I could have just used the scans but I wanted a better quality print.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Brian

Welcome, Brian Altobanor! At first I was going to say thanks but the 1e Rules Upgrade is already in the Rancor Pit Library, but now I see that you actually recreated the document with text (while what is already there is just an image scan of the original). Very nice! I will definitely add this new version to the Library this week. Thanks for sharing!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Altobanor
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Acrobat Pro can be your friend! lol (... and a little art skill)

Brian

P.S. If you find any typos (Mostly the Dice notations were the worst... ex. "3D") let me know. I can make quick adjustments.
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
I need your opinion on something. I'm looking at the RPGGamer.org site. I have to admit that it has a large selection of stats from many SW works. When it comes to these stats, I take their "canonicity" in the following order:

WEG works
Conversions from WOTC (OCRB and RCRB)
Conversions from WOTC (Saga)
Conversions from FFG
Home-brew stats from this site
Home-brew stats from the defunct SWRPGNetwork - what few that can be salvaged
Home-brew stats from RPGGamer.org

That's a very helpful list. Where do your own homebrew stats come in? This site? My personal stat source primacy list is much shorter:

1. My homebrew stats
2. All WEG, converted, and other homebrew stats

There is a lot of caveat with that though. I have to agree with your primacy of WEG and the three conversions having an influence on me, but homebrew of various sources could be all over the place among them depending on what it is. As far as technology stats (such as ships, vehicles, and weapons), I follow CRMcNeill's lead over WEG and other sources about 97% of the time, although I do not necessarily use all of his house rules that go along with the tech (I do use his scale system). Some other users are a bigger influence than others, but outside of tech I trust myself over all other sources. I'm not a noob; I've been modifying stats for this game this since 1988 or '89. If I had to I could do a decent job on the tech too but I trust CRMcNeill enough to save time and just use his work.

Quote:
Question: Should I incorporate into my Force Compendium any of the powers that I might find on that site that I think would be a good fit. I admit that one or two of what I've created have been featured on that website under different names. For that matter, am I permitted to do this? Don't want to deal with copyright issues. At the very least, there's an entry or two from that listing that have given me some ideas for new powers.

If you feel powers from other sources add something to the body of your work then go for it. As far as permission, I would have to say that no homebrew author can truly claim ownership over Star Wars fan works, and if they are shared publicly then I generally don't see how they can really complain if someone takes something from them and repackages it. However, it is an expected courtesy to always give credit where credit is due, and if there is any doubt, ask the fan author for permission to use it. In my experience they are always fine with it as long as they get credit, so in other words if you are not trying to pass off their work as yours. I have no doubt you would properly credit all sources.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 13 of 17

Jump to: