The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Sectors, Clusters, and what planets go where
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Sectors, Clusters, and what planets go where Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Sectors, Clusters, and what planets go where Reply with quote

Does anyone know of any official sight or resource that lists the various Sectors in the Star Wars galaxy, and which planets belong in which sectors? Or even a better, more definitive map that shows the sectors in relation to each other? This information would come in mighty handy.
Trusty
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really 'offical'.

But I take what I want/need from these.

http://www.nav-computer.com/

http://rules.swcombine.com/galaxy/galaxy.php

http://swg.stratics.com/content/gameplay/atlas/galaxymap/map.php

http://www.clonewarz.com/timeline/images/clonewarsmap.jpg

http://www.mecha.com/~conkle/starwars/images/galaxymaphires.gif

They are both similiar and different in a lot of ways. But, as with any map, innacuracy is expected (our common map of the world is horrible)...and for gaming purposes it is a most excellent device...because even if you have the coordinates, how can you know for sure where to exactly put it on a computer/piece of paper?
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Lords of the Expanse will help you with the Tapini sector. Gamer 9 has info on the Moddell sector. About the only other sectors I know of is the Corellian sector and the Corparate sector, though I'm not sure what all planets are in the sectors.

Wanted Poster
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help guys. The tricky thing is, I am trying to place which planets go to which sectors, other than just those sectors presented in the WEG supplements (like Elrood, Tipanni, and Minos). I know of the following sectors from what little I could find:
• Arkanis
• Seswenna
• Mandalore
• Corellia
• Corporate
But there are just way too many worlds. It really would have been nice if when WEG did the GGs they mentioned which sectors the different worlds were in.
Trusty
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
Thanks for the help guys. The tricky thing is, I am trying to place which planets go to which sectors, other than just those sectors presented in the WEG supplements (like Elrood, Tipanni, and Minos). I know of the following sectors from what little I could find:
• Arkanis
• Seswenna
• Mandalore
• Corellia
• Corporate
But there are just way too many worlds. It really would have been nice if when WEG did the GGs they mentioned which sectors the different worlds were in.

They usually do, but you have to read alot to dig it out since they didn't put it in the planet's info like they should have.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they should have had an entry like they did for Star and System. That would have been really nice.
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm, the D20 sourcebook has a two page map in it of every planet in the SW universe, but my gm has the book, so ill scan it on his computer if i get the chance
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I found a good, usable map of the core-worlds, and several secotrs there. However, I am still looking for sector references for other worlds, especially the outrim. D20 Sourebook you say? Which one?

Perhaps once I get this all sorted out I will create a master Galactic Atlas in the PDF section.
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont remember which one exactly, but i will have the name tomorrow, we only have two of the books, just for the pictures and map references...
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad I found this, because I have a game set on Ord Mantell, and needed to know where it was in relation to the rest of the galaxy.

On two diffrent maps, it is on completely opposite sides of the galaxy, nestled between completly diffrent planets.

For a planet with several books and two video games detailing it... there are a lot of opinions on just where they should put it.

But, both the Combine and Nav-Computer maps agree on one thing. It is right in the exact middle, just as far away from, about four diffrent trade routes, with no route actually coming to it. Dang. It would take one or two succesful astrogation checks just to get on a main route before you could go anywhere fast. It is perfect.
to finance my 'vette!
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a site with, what I think, is a very good map http://www.kolumbus.fi/antti.lusila/starwars/galaxymap.html

I hope this helps.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Trusty
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orgaloth wrote:
Here is a site with, what I think, is a very good map http://www.kolumbus.fi/antti.lusila/starwars/galaxymap.html

I hope this helps.

That map has many mistakes though.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well. I didn't look that closely. I use it for the ease of finding stuff and rough locations of planets in relation to each other. It suits our game.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Trusty
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orgaloth wrote:
Oh well. I didn't look that closely. I use it for the ease of finding stuff and rough locations of planets in relation to each other. It suits our game.

Until the players look at a more official one and say..."hey, the Minos CLuster is on the other side of the galaxy, not right next to the coporate sector"! Try the other sites I listed, they get it more right than that one. None of them are perfect though as the official ones they base theirs off of aren't nealy complete either...so I guess it doesn't matter. I like to use a combination of all the ones I listed though mainly because maps are wierd anyway. Especially for a three diminsional universe.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your posts you have been very helpful. I would especially like to thank Trusty and Orgaloth for their sites. While the placements of sectors on the various maps my not be 100% officila, I was more concerned with the contents of the sectors.

As for discrepencies in where sectors fall, especially in the outer rim, some of it could have to do with galactic rotation. In most spiral galaxies, the arms tend to spin at a faster rate than the core. Just a thought to help GMs smooth out indescrepencies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: