The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

FFG Star Wars Legion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games -> FFG Star Wars Legion Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merrick wrote:
I also nabbed some styrofoam casts for batteries at work and made an industrial table:

https://ibb.co/jxudYd

Styrofoam buildings were the way to play in the 90's! Something about this being a Star Wars game makes me instantly lower my painting and scenery standards to reflect the reality of gaming in those days. It has taken a lot of the usual stress out of a big gaming project leaving only the fun behind.
Mikael Hasselstein
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
I was playing the Xwing game today (got my butt whupped, but then it IS only my 5th time playing it) in a pick up game, at the Orc forge store in Tuttle mall.. And chatting with 3 other guys who have looked into the legion game, one actually made the thought "Wouldn't it be interesting to run a Empire at War, like campaign, where you have a mix of legion, xwing, AND armada battles? So start large in armada, go down to xwing for skirmishes, then legion for the ground war, taking planet by planet??

I was long an advocate for such integration. The problem with such campaigns is that they're either fun at the higher level of play, or at the lower. If you are doing well at the higher level of play, then the individual battles are just routs, and not particularly fun to play. If the games are fun and challenging (ie. balanced) at the tactical level, then the campaign/strategic level tends to not be all that dynamic.

...which is most unfortunate. Sad
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm toast. Legion has a squad of tauntaun riders, and plain old Hoth rebel infantry, coming out. My collection of Legion stuff is going to go crazy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: