The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Haven't been here in a bit...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Haven't been here in a bit... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yes, and his Co-Commander? The Experimental Battledroid which the people of Ryloth are rather... Suspicious of for some strange reason.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the group finally got back together with me to do some more courageous experiments in hilariousness.

After spending a month with the Ryloth Resistance under a mountain that was in an area being pounded by orbital bombardment (I likened it to WWI trenches, only they were under a mountain and, aside from cave-ins, were pretty safe), they all did different things to keep themselves and the Twi'leks sane.

One guy even started a band and tried to play music louder than the bombardment until the medical "experts" told them to stop as they were bursting eardrums.

The PTSD Droid just folded himself up in some disused corner and shut himself down until the noise stopped.

They came out of the mountain to find that the Imperials had placed Pre-Fab Garrisons all over the planet to ensure that any attempts at doing a troop landing was attacked by at least two batteries of turbolaser flak (the blaster gas bursting around the ships and doing damage in a radius rather than heavy damage in a single hit. This is shown on the Clone Wars cartoons quite nicely.).

However, after infiltrating the inside of the garrison with some old Imperial uniforms and Stormtrooper gear, they... Wandered around aimlessly to the point where I said, "Enough", and they all heard klaxons and a warning that the power core was compromised and that emergency shutdown of the fusion core was unsuccessful.

They promptly stole an AT-ST and ran the hell away until the garrison exploded. They were out of the blast radius, but not out of the compression wave that knocked the Walker forward onto it's "pelvis" and, luckily, allowed for less injuries.

And that doesn't even include the problem the Battle Droid had when he tried to catch up with the group, overheated the Command Speeder, and ended up having to butcher a Blurrg and use it's blood as replacement radiator coolant. (That makes for an even longer story, which includes having to take the front two seats of the command speeder out and, well, burn them. Also, the car smells like steak.).
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Classic.

Thanks for sharing, glad to have you back!
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
And that doesn't even include the problem the Battle Droid had when he tried to catch up with the group, overheated the Command Speeder, and ended up having to butcher a Blurrg and use [its] blood as replacement radiator coolant.

Granted, we're not talking about human blood here, and that blurrgs kinda-sorta look like reptiles, so one could say that blurrgs might be cold-blooded, but...cold-blooded doesn't mean that the blood is actually, y'know, cold. (Cold-blooded creatures are basically exothermic, meaning that they're essentially living thermometers: their body temperature and resulting activity goes up or down depending on how warm or cold their environment is.) Not to mention that blood has a tendency to coagulate when its heated so its not much of an engine lubricant either...

Blurrgs must have really thin blood. Like, thinner-than-water thin. Which means I guess we have to amend the old phrase "Blood is thicker than water" to "Blood is thicker than water, unless we're talking about Star Wars and blurrg blood, which is so thin it can be used as a natural engine lubricant in a pinch when stormtroopers from a destroyed garrison are chasing you." Shocked

I know, I get it. This was GM fiat, which was well within Ray's rights, but reading about this makes me go Confused Shocked Laughing all at once. It's funny and it's weird at the same time.

Ray wrote:
(That makes for an even longer story, which includes having to take the front two seats of the command speeder out and, well, burn them. Also, the car smells like steak.).

I like steak. It's what's for dinner. I wonder how blurrg steak tastes....

Wait a sec, why would you need to burn the seats instead of just throwing them out of the speeder? Shocked
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said that the blood worked as a GOOD radiator fluid, just that it was better than nothing (they barely got 1/5 the top speed out of the speeder.).

As for the seats, well, the battledroid got very, very bloody when he sliced up the Blurrgs with his implanted vibroblade, and got into both the driver's and passenger's seats while still very, very wet. He was also defaulting on his Repulsorlift Operations skill of 1D (thus how he got lost in the desert and missed out on being with the rest of the group.). The battledroid was also hosed down with water, disinfectant, and subjected to no less than three oil baths to make sure that none of his mechanisms would get junked up.

As for why it was burned, well, the Jedi insisted upon it because it ruined a perfectly good set of Stormtrooper Body Covering (the black bodysuit they wear under the armour) he was wearing.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, it just dropped out from there. Sad

So many ideas, just... Gone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: