The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Let's talk about DICE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> Let's talk about DICE! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dph
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My core set are small (10mm), squarish, dotted die, red with a black (of the same design) Wild die.

NO idea where or when I got them but have always used them... I feel like they're hot (with what feels like generally high results), but mathematically probably perfectly average!

I use a D12 for scatter and Hit location.

My hit location die use to use my own 1-12 hit location key (based on the official one) but I found a die with written locations in exactly the same formula so now use those!

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/roguetraders
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased my dice from The Dice Shop Online. The first set of dice I got from them was intended to be my Star Wars D6 dice:
5 Chessex Translucent Yellow and White D6s,
5 Chessex Translucent Green and White D6s,
5 Chessex Translucent Red and White D6s,
5 Chessex Translucent Teal and White D6s,
5 Chessex Frosted Caribbean Blue and White D6s,
5 Chessex Velvet Black and Red D6s,
and a Chessex Opaque White and Black D6 to serve as my Wild Die.

When I started playing Pathfinder last year, I realized that I needed a polyset of D4s, D6s, D8s, D10s, D12s and D20s, so I got one set each of a different "Bright Gem " color: Emerald, Sapphire, Citrine, Amethyst, Ruby and Fire Opal. I call them my "Infinity Stone" dice for the obvious reasons. Cool
OuttaWindu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought my first DnD dice set from a game store, but subsequently I've bought all my dice cheap online at AliExpress.

Quality-wise, if you pick some seller/product that seems to have sold lots of dice and have good reviews, you can generally trust them to have good quality. As it's a chinese webshop, it's a long shipping time, but on the other hand many sets don't have shipping fees either, so if you're willing to wait 15-60 days for them, it's worthwhile.

I've purchased a good bunch of dice, dice sets & pouches so far, and the quality for them is great for the averagely priced set, and worthwhile even for the absolutely cheapest ones. Also bought gaming tokens,

Few of my recent purchase:
--------Item ----------------Total Price----------------Notes
* Lot of 25 d6 dice ----------- $3.11 ------ Bought the set with several colors, so I can have variety
* Lot of 20 card holders ----- $6.25 ------ I've used this as stands for paper tokens
* Dice Pouch-------------------$0.86------- Dirty cheap dice bags, if you buy both dice and pouches in bulk, you could for dirty cheap have several sets ready to hand out to new players who might not own their own dice.
* Invisible Ink Pens------------$0.65-------Bought a bunch of them so I'd have backups and extras to hand out to other GMs

Oh and I've also bought blank D6s, with the intention of using them as custom dice for different things. You could use red & green markers for fumble & crit on a Wild die, and use black marker for the rest of the numbers. You could also create a set of Non-transitive Dice for some real outliners. Or use them as wound level tracker by pointing up the current wound level.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
ThrorII
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my family game of SW 1st ed, I decided on 'theme' dice.
As GM, I use 16mm opaque, round edged, red dice with black pips. Red for sith lightsabers, black for the dark side of the force.

Players use 16mm opaque, round edged, blue dice with white pips. Blue for jedi lightsabers (Ep. IV) and white for the light side of the force.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThrorII wrote:
For my family game of SW 1st ed, I decided on 'theme' dice.
As GM, I use 16mm opaque, round edged, red dice with black pips. Red for sith lightsabers, black for the dark side of the force.

Players use 16mm opaque, round edged, blue dice with white pips. Blue for jedi lightsabers (Ep. IV) and white for the light side of the force.

That's a good theme. I heartily approve. Cool

When you said you had red dice with black pips, I thought that having black dice with red pips would look better, but then I read your bit about having the opposite blue dice with white pips. Good call on that, as I can't ever recall seeing anything remotely like white dice with blue pips. (I mean, seriously: blue pips??? Ewwww...)
ThrorII
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
When you said you had red dice with black pips, I thought that having black dice with red pips would look better

Actually, when I ordered them on line, they sent me black dice with red pips by mistake (they sent me the correct ones immediately).

Turns out Black dice with Red pips are REALLY hard to read on my old eyes....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: