The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Other WEG RPGs?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> Other WEG RPGs? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it when I find old licensed D6 books. It takes you back to the 90's better than anything. Except maybe the time I found a case of both X-Files and White Wolf ccg cards... I would love to get the Ghostbusters game but I can't make heads or tails of the various online listings. I wish it would get reprinted in some form.

I suspect the 3k price tag for three different Indiana Jones books from 3 different sellers, is from pricing algorithms copycatting someone's old typos. I've been known to misplace a decimal in my eBay stuff, both as a buyer and a seller. The older TSR one is like $300 on Amazon. I suspect someone was simultaneously confused, optimistic, and a bad typist. I have emailed all three sellers asking them if this is a mistake.

My favorite though has to be the eBay Lego clone trooper (not special edition or anything) for like $30k or something bizarre like that. The seller had several available. I think it was part of someone's money laundering system.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
I love it when I find old licensed D6 books... I would love to get the Ghostbusters game but I can't make heads or tails of the various online listings. I wish it would get reprinted in some form.

https://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-Frightfully-Cheerful-Roleplaying-Game/dp/0874310431

Here is a listing for the original Gb RPG box set FYI. I have it but I've never played it. I'm not a fan of the first two movies (and haven't seen the third one), but the game is a novelty collector item for D6 fans because it is the proto-D6 system (the first proper D6 system game of course being Star Wars 1e). I can't really recommend it, especially for the prices it is being sold for!

I'd be interested in seeing the second edition of the game for the game system since it was post-Star Wars. And the second Gb game is basically the only WEG D6-ish RPG I don't own in my collection. So if I came across it cheap I'd snag it. Otherwise, oh well.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

Here is a listing for the original Gb RPG box set FYI.

For that price I'd have to already have nostalgic memories of it! Oh well. I'll have to hold out for a yard-sale find. My best find yet was a copy of Heroquest w/ Kellar's Keep and Battlemasters on the curb in someone's garbage, the same day I got a right proper good cast iron cauldron for $5. So I am endlessly optimistic.

One of the Indiana Jones $3k sellers emailed me back:
"Our prices are measured against market value for the item. The price can fluctuate based on the used market value, but we do not manually adjust it."

So as I suspected, probably a bunch of &^#&%! algorithms are copying human error, and the actual humans aren't trusted to put a stop to it. But if some prankster were to list 20 copies for 50 cents each the problem might be fixed Smile
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
the same day I got a right proper good cast iron cauldron for $5. So I am endlessly optimistic.

A good cast iron cauldron for making potions?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
S-Foil
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
TauntaunScout wrote:
I love it when I find old licensed D6 books... I would love to get the Ghostbusters game but I can't make heads or tails of the various online listings. I wish it would get reprinted in some form.

https://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-Frightfully-Cheerful-Roleplaying-Game/dp/0874310431

Here is a listing for the original Gb RPG box set FYI. I have it but I've never played it. I'm not a fan of the first two movies (and haven't seen the third one), but the game is a novelty collector item for D6 fans because it is the proto-D6 system (the first proper D6 system game of course being Star Wars 1e). I can't really recommend it, especially for the prices it is being sold for!

I'd be interested in seeing the second edition of the game for the game system since it was post-Star Wars. And the second Gb game is basically the only WEG RPG I don't own in my collection (along with all the Masterbook settings except Indiana Jones). So if I came across it cheap I'd snag it. Otherwise, oh well.

The Ghostbusters 1e game (Ghostbusters International was 2e) is a really fun game. It plays super fast and is easy to get players into. The adventures are also a lot of fun, WEG was always great with adventures IMO.

All the games I've run with it have been one shots so the easy mechanics is super helpful. However there's no negative aspects that prevent longer campaigns.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

A good cast iron cauldron for making potions?

For historical reenactment. It SHOULD be cast cuprous alloy instead of a ferrous alloy but the sillouette was dead-on, and in most of the visual sources the copper and bronze cookware is black in color, not red tones. This is presumably from years of soot permeating the exterior surfaces. My friend paid several hundred dollars for his cast bronze cauldron, tinned on the inside for safety, and it's awesome but, the two pans function the same, both at least look accurate, and mine was $5.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I found a copy of Indiana Jones Adventures on eBay. A bit pricey, but I had the money to spare, so I bit the bullet. To those of you who have this book, do you recommend any of the other WEG Indiana Jones books to compliment it?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
I found a copy of Indiana Jones Adventures... To those of you who have this book, do you recommend any of the other WEG Indiana Jones books to compliment it?

Cool. If you want to play IJ D6, you really only need The D6 System with the book you have. I can't in good conscience recommend any of the Masterbook materials. I really don't have anything else to add to my 2018 post. Sorry.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the flooded basement issue prompted us to begin to purge stuff. Yesterday I gathered together a bunch of stuff yesterday to sell to Half-Price books today (no RPG books except for a crappy MIB Aliens book I don't know why I ever got). They have a new policy that limits each purchase to two medium boxes or the equivalent of per person per day and I had three times that, so I had to go to three different Half-Price Books stores in my city to unload it all. Due to the Pandemic and Half-Price being purely non-essential, it was the first time I had been to any Half-Price in over a year and I did look around while waiting on my the offer. Blessed synchronicity lead me to one book I hadn't known I needed in each of the first two stores...

CRMcNeill wrote:
So, I found a copy of Indiana Jones Adventures on eBay. A bit pricey, but I had the money to spare, so I bit the bullet.

...I didn't buy anything in the third store, but I did see that they had a copy of IJ Adventures in a locked up 'Collectible RPGs' case with a price of $100.00. Maybe it is really an in-demand RPG book now. In the RPG section of the second store I went to, it had a sign on the RPG shelf that said to see the "Nostalgia" section for more RPGs. I found that and they had several RPG books with high prices, including a 1989 City of Greyhawk box set for $70.00 (which surprisingly seems to be a pretty good price compared to what it is going for online). I think current prices for my old RPGs and them being categorized as "nostalgic" and "collectible" may be what trigger my midlife crisis.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a couple of Indiana Jones books off of Peter Schweighoffer for about $50, and a couple more after that for $15-$25 a piece. I've flipped through them, and while they look interesting, I don't think I could justify spending $100 on any of them. I'm just not going to get that much gaming value off of them.

What I've got is:
Magic and Mysteries of the Dark Continent
Indiana Jones Adventures
The World of Indiana Jones (Masterbook)
Raiders of the Lost Ark Sourcebook

If there's anything specific you'd like to know about any of the above, let me know.

EDIT:

Arrow Indiana Jones
Arrow WEG Collection
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: