The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Mandalorian [Disney+] Speculation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> The Mandalorian [Disney+] Speculation Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Potroclo
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darklighter79 wrote:
So, this Clone Wars reference

What's this Clone Wars reference everybody is talking about? I've read similar comments everywhere but I didn't watch the show...
Darklighter79
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potroclo wrote:
Darklighter79 wrote:
So, this Clone Wars reference

What's this Clone Wars reference everybody is talking about? I've read similar comments everywhere but I didn't watch the show...

In this trailer here you can see HMP Droid Gunship and in the very next scene a B2 droid
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbarossa41 wrote:
Was that Baze at ~0:59?

I'm going with no.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cell service provider just offered me a year of Disney+ for free if I sign up for unlimited data. Which I already have. Guess I'll have to call and see what happens.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
My cell service provider just offered me a year of Disney+ for free if I sign up for unlimited data. Which I already have. Guess I'll have to call and see what happens.

I'm considering that offer. My wife is a data fiend, so not having to be the data cop of my family would be nice.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:

I'm considering that offer. My wife is a data fiend, so not having to be the data cop of my family would be nice.

They're offering either unlimited data or signing up for home internet service. I may look into the latter, if they can offer me a better deal than my current provider does. Having it all concentrated on one bill would be nice.
I checked on this. Apparently, since I already have Unlimited everything, I automatically get Disney+ when it goes active. Which means I don’t have to pay extra to watch the Mandalorian for the first year.

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
Potroclo
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darklighter79 wrote:

In this trailer here you can see HMP Droid Gunship and in the very next scene a B2 droid

Aaah I was wondering, what's this weirdly shaped ship? Laughing And holy *! I didn't noticed those where B2s! Thanks for the heads up. So Clone Wars era technology 5 years after RotJ... Interesting.
What I'm liking about this show is not only this:

Whill wrote:
It looks kinda Starwarsy.

which I agree upon, but also that it's feeling SWRPG-ey too. I mean, from what we've seen so far, this could be an adaptation of a roleplaying campaign, way more so than the main new films, in that it uses the SW universe as a playground to tell a story about a group of PCs on the fringes, which are not the center plot of the whole Galaxy. But especially because of the shameless bust still tasteful use of SW tropes, instead of trying to introduce new ones like in ep 7 to 9. Re-introducing clone wars era stuff is an example, even if it's just a flashback.
Darklighter79
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potroclo wrote:

Aaah I was wondering, what's this weirdly shaped ship? Laughing And holy *! I didn't noticed those where B2s! Thanks for the heads up. So Clone Wars era technology 5 years after RotJ... Interesting.

I believe this may be some flashback of the main hero when his people suffered (possibly under Separatist oppression).
This is also mentioned by the background voice.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you with Verizon, if you upgrade to (or already have) their Unlimited plan, you get a year of Disney Plus for free. If nothing else, call and see how much it would cost; I did it a few years back and my bill actually dropped $2.50 by upgrading to unlimited data (I already had unlimited talk/text).

Whill

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: The Mandalorian Reply with quote

So I don't know if he plans on watching the first episode of The Mandalorian or when, but I know CRMcNeill will have Disney+ tomorrow. I'm definitely getting it at some point and may get it tomorrow, but even if I do I may not have time to watch The Mandalorian tomorrow.

I'm somewhat interested because I like Jon Favreau. The Mandalorian looks cool from the trailers and could have good action. Plus this is unprecedented because this is what they have chosen to launch a new era in Disney entertainment with.

I personally am not worried about spoilers because I am not really that invested in a bounty hunter protagonist that is essentially Boba Fett 3.0 (or maybe only 2.5 if he is not that far away from Jango).

The Mandalorian | Special Look | Disney+ https://youtu.be/2RVnrBLOBcI
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I likely won’t have time to do it tomorrow, but I plan on it as soon as I get a breather.

Whill

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:53 am    Post subject: The Mandalorian Reply with quote

So who else is planning on getting Disney+ soon and watching The Mandalorian? Is anyone worried about being spoiled? I am hesitant to go full spoiler restrictions with this because I have no reason to equate TV to films at this point, but I would be ok with creating a spoilers-only thread to encourage users who have seen it to post somewhere that is clearly labeled for others to avoid. Does anyone want a spoilers-only thread for this because you aren't able to watch The Mandalorian right away and you care about being spoiled?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Potroclo
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No disney+ yet in several european countries so no Mandalorian for us... although I personally will find a way to watch it.. ahem...
So no problem with spoilers from me. As you said this does not equate to films, maintaining a thread about a series spoilers free is almost impossible, although for major plot points or reveal scenes the considerate thing is to alert of incoming spoilers for those who haven't had time to watch it at the time of posting.
Urban Spaceman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've announced the UK launch for the channel (end of March 2020). I hate spoilers, but even I can use common sense to avoid reading threads about shows and films haven't yet watched but am planning to.
So long as people keep the spoilers in that thread (or mark them as such in other topics), I'll be golden.

EDIT:
Please do not post TCW s7 spoilers here. See the dedicated "Spoilers Allowed" thread for Disney+'s The Clone Wars-The Final Season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: