The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Revamped Astrogation Computer [French]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Revamped Astrogation Computer [French] Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikael Hasselstein
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amaranthe wrote:
I there and thanks for you'r enthousiasm.
I will try to answer your questions.

First i will work on the page to translate it in english.
As for the traver times, i picked them on the original d6holocron navigation computer.
As corrected some error that made me unable to use it (such as Arbra beeing 4h away from anywhere in the galaxy)
I added some systems...
And i added the system travelled in between...

Yes this is supposed to be one jump... but for this jump, you'r supposed to take the shortest route... and not a straight line between two systems.
So i figured it could be usefull to know the systems or event the route travelled.
The algorythm i used is the Dijkstra algorythm that give you the shortest path between two destination.

Regards.
Amaranthe.

Hi Amaranthe,

I'm the creator of the original. It's been so many years that I barely know how it works anymore. I know that it was buggy, and I'm not sure where some of those bugs came from.

I'm certainly impressed with what you've done! Thank you for doing it!

So, one question: Did you just take my binary times (between connected systems) and use an active engine to figure out shortest paths, or did you do what I did and let a network-analysis software application figure out each and every distance between every two possible points, and build a big table?

I did the latter (except there were some sub-tables for relatively isolated parts of the galaxy), though I wish I would have figured out how to program the former.
Amaranthe
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikael Hasselstein wrote:

Hi Amaranthe,

I'm the creator of the original. It's been so many years that I barely know how it works anymore. I know that it was buggy, and I'm not sure where some of those bugs came from.

I'm certainly impressed with what you've done! Thank you for doing it!

So, one question: Did you just take my binary times (between connected systems) and use an active engine to figure out shortest paths, or did you do what I did and let a network-analysis software application figure out each and every distance between every two possible points, and build a big table?

I did the latter (except there were some sub-tables for relatively isolated parts of the galaxy), though I wish I would have figured out how to program the former.

Hi Mikael

i used all the time you entered as a database and then i coded the Djiskra algorythm. So you can correct the data, and add new datas whenever you need to.

Many thanks for the great work you did !
I just took it a step further.
Argentsaber
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amaranthe wrote:

First i will work on the page to translate it in english.

Hardly required, but if you do find time to do this please let us know!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: