The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

SciFi Multiverse RPG - WEGICON v3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> SciFi Multiverse RPG - WEGICON v3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
worfbacca
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 12:18 am    Post subject: SciFi Multiverse RPG - WEGICON v3 Reply with quote

It's been 25+ years in the making. I've taken what I believe are the best aspects of both WEG D6 2nd Edition R&E and Last Unicorn Games D6 and combined them into the WEGICON V3 system!

Some of my objectives:
Find a way that experienced characters and newB characters can play together without such a large skill gap so that extra experience points don't need to be given.

Make it so even the most skilled characters in the galaxy have a good chance to fail at very difficulty or nearly impossible tasks.

Streamline combat

Force powers only take one action now

Those with higher attributes don't have an overwhelming advantage with those who don't (such as with initiative)

I have a draft of the corebook ready for anyone interested in reviewing and providing comments.

Have you ever wondered what it might be like for StarGate US Marines to fighter terminator robots or for Tie Fighters to engage Cylon Raiders or for the Enterprise to fight a star destroyer?

Last edited by worfbacca on Sun May 21, 2023 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
worfbacca
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 6:16 pm    Post subject: The link to the WEGICON V3 Corebook - feedback welcome! Reply with quote

https://1drv.ms/w/s!ArF7l9MYO9a1hIRCH2fd2MTFzphyng?e=FbRrpm

ADMIN EDIT: Copy entire URL above and paste into a new browser tab.
(Unfortunately the forum's php won't hyperlink URLs past exclamation marks.)
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: SciFi Multiverse RPG - WEGICON v3 Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your ruleset.

worfbacca wrote:
...Have you ever wondered what it might be like for StarGate US Marines to fighter terminator robots or for Tie Fighters to engage Cylon Raiders or for the Enterprise to fight a star destroyer?

Am I correct in inferring this was made to be a general space opera game system that can run all the franchises you referred to (and perhaps also more) and crossovers?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
worfbacca
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: SciFi Multiverse RPG - WEGICON v3 Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Thanks for sharing your ruleset.

worfbacca wrote:
...Have you ever wondered what it might be like for StarGate US Marines to fighter terminator robots or for Tie Fighters to engage Cylon Raiders or for the Enterprise to fight a star destroyer?

Am I correct in inferring this was made to be a general space opera game system that can run all the franchises you referred to (and perhaps also more) and crossovers?

Yes that is correct! I’m also working on a database website with stats
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: SciFi Multiverse RPG - WEGICON v3 Reply with quote

worfbacca wrote:
Whill wrote:
worfbacca wrote:

Yes that is correct!

This is really much more than just WEG Star Wars house rules, so I moved this to the correct forum.

worfbacca wrote:
I’m also working on a database website with stats

I'm looking forward to the database.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: