The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Is anyone getting error messages?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Is anyone getting error messages? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Last few days I was getting 403 Forbidden errors trying to reach the site.

I'm sorry to hear that. I haven't had or heard of anyone else running into anything since Monday morning. Do you know approximately what times you got that error?

403 errors are 'Forbidden' errors indicating a permissions issue. If you experience a 403 again, please take note of the URL you are trying to visit, and/or what you were doing when you got that error. My web host has technicians that could help troubleshoot based on information like that. Thank you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry I did not note the time. I have the URLs though:
rancorpit.com
rancorpit.com/forums/index.php
Bradwardine
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: I may have. Reply with quote

After being on for a while, and letting the machine go to sleep or screensaver once, I clicked on the Next button to continue reading Element of Fire: II, page 131. To be confronted by a screen telling me that I needed to go to Advanced settings and turn on TLSs 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2; the screen said that the website used RC4 (as I recall), and that that was an unsecure cipher. It was about 3:15 Eastern Standard Time.
"Fear God and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man." (Ecclesiastes 12:13b)
"God . . . now commandeth all men everywhere to repent." (Acts 17:30b)
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: I may have. Reply with quote

Bradwardine wrote:
After being on for a while, and letting the machine go to sleep or screensaver once, I clicked on the Next button to continue reading Element of Fire: II, page 131. To be confronted by a screen telling me that I needed to go to Advanced settings and turn on TLSs 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2; the screen said that the website used RC4 (as I recall), and that that was an unsecure cipher. It was about 3:15 Eastern Standard Time.

I figured out you were reading an old PbP thread. I haven't seen that error, but I had trouble while editing thread titles and posting replies in threads. I reported this along with that. Thank you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Bradwardine
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject: 508 error to report Reply with quote

Later that evening I got a brief 508 error; it said "resource limit reached", or something similar; it was in the same thread.
"Fear God and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man." (Ecclesiastes 12:13b)
"God . . . now commandeth all men everywhere to repent." (Acts 17:30b)
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: 508 error to report Reply with quote

Bradwardine wrote:
Later that evening I got a brief 508 error; it said "resource limit reached", or something similar; it was in the same thread.

I've run into that before; it's usually fixed by itself within a few minutes.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: