The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Force system, trying to make it fit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> The Force system, trying to make it fit.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dewitt667
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject: The Force system, trying to make it fit. Reply with quote

I’ve felt that the Force system was just dropped in to the rules as they do not seem to match up with the rest of the system. I have run across Sutehp’s rules but it seems incomplete. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-tC0Mdnhg_OVuzCuRLPgUzHWVl8uO2eKnWH-Qb40FTU/mobilebasic

I was wondering if anyone has used these rules or some similar. If so, how did they play and did they help with the “balance” issues that people have with the Jedi and force users being broken?

Are there anymore rules like these that could be used the flesh these out, or how could they be fleshed out?

I’m sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A long time ago I was working on a system where Force Skills and Force Powers worked similar to normal Attributes and Skills. Force Skills equals Force Attributes and Force Powers are now Force Skills. The main difference was that the skills did not start automatically at the Attribute level and had to be leaned to be 'unlocked'. Also each Force Skill was connected to a main Force Attribute. The rest of the Force Attributes, in case of a Force skill that in the RAW was a power requiring several Force Skill checks, were prerequisites and were not rolled. Meaning just one Skill check for each try to use a Force power.
Sadly the details are sitting on one of many external hard drives in the closet...
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: The Force system, trying to make it fit. Reply with quote

Dewitt667 wrote:
I’ve felt that the Force system was just dropped in to the rules as they do not seem to match up with the rest of the system. I have run across Sutehp’s rules but it seems incomplete. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-tC0Mdnhg_OVuzCuRLPgUzHWVl8uO2eKnWH-Qb40FTU/mobilebasic

Is this mine? I don't recognize it. This didn't come from my GoogleDocs folder...did it? If so, which folder? Exact location please.

Or is this a compilation of Force Powers from my Legacy of the Force fanbook? I don't recognize the link nor the format of this document. I'm not saying it's not accurate, mind you. I'm just saying that the document itself isn't one I recognize. (As to whether it's "accurate" and/or playtested, that I will leave for more informed D6 players to determine.)
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put this thread together awhile back to gather all the force rules in one place. When you look at it this way the RAW is much simpler than reading the core rules makes it seem.

https://rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6884&highlight=
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: