The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Optional Expanded Injurry rules
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Optional Expanded Injurry rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you like to handle wounds and damage in RPGs?
Sweet and simply (Alive, Other than Alive)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Basic (wounded, incapacitated, dead)
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Some Details between nature of injurries (Light wounds, Deep wounds, crippling injuries, mortal wounds, and death)
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Damage Levels and Numbers with a possible system shock roll (a la shadowrun)
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Give me hitpoints or give me death!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Optional Expanded Injurry rules Reply with quote

*The rule I am presenting is an experimental house rule. It is not yet finalized, and is still being tested. I realize it may need additional tweaking or modification. I present merely as an option for those GMs that so choose to use it or who like it's concept. It is a controversial ruling.

In several places throughout these forums I have seen mention of Star Wars' mortality rate, and lack of wound levels, and questions as to how to handle severity of injuries and add wound levels. For those so interested I present a few house rules I am kicking around:

• When a character is wounded he suffers -1D to all attribute and damage rolls except strength to resist wounds. This becomes a "Light Wound". A character can sustain a number of light wounds, and does not become incapacitated until his total Die penalty reduces STRENGTH to 0D (pips are not used in this calculation, 0D+2 is still incapacitated).
• The incapacitate result on the damage chart now becomes a "Deep Wound", representing broken bones, possible internal bleeding, etc. The character suffers a -2D penalty to all actions, but may still act, unless this penalty reduces his STRENGTH to 0D.
• Mortal Wound Becomes incapacitated. And raise the required amount to be mortally wounded as appropriate.

This will increase the lifespan of most characters somewhat. Though does increase paperwork slightly, though still relatively simple. Thanks to DP9 for inspiring the idea.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted basic, though for one of the modules i made up, i expanded the chart.... to include mortally wounded WITH maiming, then death (Mw with mainimg took death's normal place, and death moved up by 4 to a 20 over str)...
Argamoth
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a wound result, I'd describe some kind of wound: Hit in the arm, leg, etc..
As more wounds pile up the PC becomes incapacitated.
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Director, I want my players to role play...so I must give them lots to role play with. This includes descriptions of all injuries.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. One of the best combat descriptions i was told i gave out, was after a bloddy melee with 5 opponents. With me describing each and every hit in gorey detail (well not every last one but a good chunk) Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I -love- getting into details about how much meat and stuff is hanging out. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 8)
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found out WEG's newer D6 systems use a damage system very similar to the one I just proposed in this thread.
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our group never reduces your soak. Use the attribute for anything else, expect a penalty. But for soak, we never penalized anyone. We found that if you didn't penalize a soak roll things worked fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: