The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

SW powered by the Apocalypse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games -> SW powered by the Apocalypse
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebertran
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject: SW powered by the Apocalypse Reply with quote

I’ve recently started working on a SW hack of Apocalypse World, inspired by WEG’s D6 game. I am including things like the Wild Die, Force Points, Character Points, Stat names are the d6 attributes, and I’m sprinkling other d6 terms when I can. The AW engine is very cinematic and I think it’ll fit SW well. The templates i’m going with are Scoundrel, Noble, Soldier, Ace Pilot, Jedi, Scout, and Outlaw Tech. Once I have something to show I’ll share with the group.

On case you aren’t sure how AW works, it’s 2d6+stat based. 6 and under is a miss, 7-9 is a success with a complication, 10+ is a success.

Here’s how I am adding some WEG stuff:

Wild Die: when you roll doubles on a miss, roll an additional die and add it to your total. In certain cases, The GM may choose to add the Wild Die to a roll.

Force Point: every session you begin with a number of Force Points equal to your Force stat. You can spend a Force Point to reroll any roll and choose which result to use. Once spent, Force points cannot be replenished, and they do not carry over between sessions.

Character Points are basically experience. You can spend 5 points to earn advancements.
Odea Ionstrike
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: SW powered by the Apocalypse Reply with quote

ebertran wrote:
Once I have something to show I’ll share with the group.

Did you make any progress on this? None of the other AW SW hacks are _quite_ right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: