The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Kids
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Kids Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar to what Tupteq posted above, ShootingWomprats and I did something like this for Ezra and Sabine for Rebels, with a -1D in attribute totals in S1 -- though because they were established PC's at beyond beginning levels, the "trade off" effects were less palpable. By Season 2's book though, each had grown enough both physically -- in Ezra's slightly younger case, especially so -- and character-wise that they bought off their Kid standing and reached full 18D attributes.

Though I've not had anyone play a Kid in a game I GM, I'd consider handling it similarly, with their being able to eventually reduce the "Kid" Story Factor or Advantage / Disadvantage, not unlike being able to eventually pay down a "Primitive Culture" Story Factor, after eventually acclimating to modern spacefaring society.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone seen someone wanting to play an under 10 yr old kid??
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Anyone seen someone wanting to play an under 10 yr old kid??

Not me, Even when kids play, they want to play adults.

I let my youngest brother play D&D with my group when he was just around 10 or 11. Obviously his playing style and decisions were immature. To account for the fact that he had the mentality of a child; I allowed him to play a child hill giant. The size and stature of a powerfully muscled human fighter, but the maturity of a 10 or 11 year old.

I did this again just last year when a buddy was visiting and he had his son with him. They wanted to sit in and play with my family game.
My buddy had a ranger who had slain a tribe of hill giants, but took pity on the infant and raised him as a son. The son played the young hill giant.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dredwulf60 wrote:

My buddy had a ranger who had slain a tribe of hill giants, but took pity on the infant and raised him as a son. The son played the young hill giant.

Did he send him to Reverend Wheellock's school so he'd know both worlds?

Kids were popular PC's when we ourselves were kids.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: