The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Rise of Skywalker (second speculation thread)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> The Rise of Skywalker (second speculation thread) Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
Bowcaster & bandolier toting 3PO was from an allegedly leaked poster. Whether the poster is real or a fan fake was debated. If real, I tend to doubt the unauthorized nature of such leaks anyways.

Do you mean you doubt the "leak" was actually unintentional? If real, you're saying it was probably an intentional release not officially declared and thus disguised as a leak.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Do you mean you doubt the "leak" was actually unintentional? If real, you're saying it was probably an intentional release not officially declared and thus disguised as a leak.

Yes. I think a lot of things regarding entertainment gets leaked on purpose to generate excitement.
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
Yes. I think a lot of things regarding entertainment gets leaked on purpose to generate excitement.

That's certainly possible, but since we don't know if a "leak" is secretly an intentional release, a real unintentional release, or a fan faked leak, the prerelease spoiler policy has to only allow officially released info and media, the only known intentional releases.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:26 pm    Post subject: Palpatine in the final chapter of the story Reply with quote

Last week JJ Abrams tried to justify Palpatine's return in TRoS:

Quote:
Some people feel like we shouldn’t revisit the idea of Palatine, and I completely understand that. But if you’re looking at the nine films as one story, I don’t know many books where the last few chapters have nothing to do with those that have come before. If you look at the first eight films, all the set-ups of what we’re in IX are there in plain view.

The Dark Empire left a bad taste in my mouth for bringing back dead characters so I was never too keen on the idea of Palpatine's return after RotJ. Although the first two trilogies works for me as a single complete story, this sequel trilogy was built on the idea that there's more to it. They've been very consistent in asserting that the nine episode "Skywalker Saga" is it for this story (even though you can never really say never). So I can see JJ's point that if this sequel trilogy is truly going to be the final third of the story, it should be integral to the first two-thirds. The first two trilogies really highlight that it is the story of the Skywalkers and Palpatine. And JJ's above statement tracks with the news item that when he was developing Episode IX, he had specifically sought Lucas' opinion about the basic essence of Star Wars. Palpatine must be in it.

This brings me back to reading an interview with Lucas in Starlog magazine in 1983 where Lucas was asked if Palpatine's laughter could be heard in the power surge after his death hitting the reactor core of Death Star II. Lucas merely answered that you'd have to ask Ben Burt. Was the Starlog interviewer just imagining things and being hopeful for some hint that there may be more Star Wars someday? If you listen closely, it's not hard to imagine that there could be laughter underneath the sound effect, but is that just my own mind perceiving a suggested a pattern in white noise? Palpatine was revealed as being in TRoS by his laughter at the end of the trailer....
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject: Wedge in TRoS? Reply with quote

So there hasn't been any official word yet, but according to Rebel Force Radio, representatives of Denis Lawson supposedly gave them a firm yes that he is returning to play Wedge Antilles in TRoS. I wouldn't even have bothered to share this unsubstantiated statement if there also hadn't been a book cover with Wedge that had been shared, then pulled. Of course the book cover alone doesn't mean much about the film. Even though that is clearly intended to be an image of old Wedge, film characters can continue to appear in publications well beyond their final appearance in the films. The fact that the image was released then pulled makes it more likely that Wedge's return was intended on being revealed at a future point. The book is part of the "Journey to TRoS" marketing and the image is close to how the actor looks nowadays, so I think there is a possibility this is true.

Remember, JJ offered him a role in TFA and he declined it, stating that he would be "bored" with it. If he is really in TRoS, then I guess his boredom had a price they agreed to pay for! It's interesting because Poe was originally going to die in TFA, and Wedge was featured in Aftermath captured early on with a similar role to Poe in TFA, so I speculated that Poe had been created to replace Wedge who was going to die in TFA. I wonder if JJ is finally going to kill Wedge. If he gets an undramatic death then I'll probably be disgruntled about it like I was for Ackbar, but if they give Wedge a heroic death then I will probably be more upset about Ackbar getting shafted. So it would probably be best if Wedge lives. Cool

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Knights of Ren are "good guys?" Theory Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
We all remember where we first heardof the Knights of Ren. This was when Snoke said "Kylo master of the knights of Ren" or roughly said that, I was not making an exact quote.

What is the one word describing Kylo? betrayal, he betrayed the jedi, he betrayed Snoke, he betrayed his father and mother etc etc.

I would argue that perhaps Kylo also btrayed the Knights of Ren either becuse of some dark/light conflict or for other reasons. Seeing how they are equipped, their fairly basic and "primitive" armor and weapons leads me to think they are not some first ordr special force. If we compare to the sith troopers these aew walsking arsenals of high tech arms and armor, everthing first order is, everthing non first order is much more "used and old"

Now if Kylo did in fact once betray the Knights of Ren, this could very well be duse to them not being a dark/evil organization, and I base this on Leia speaking of Kylo, of How he fell to the drak side, how Snoke teisted him, not a word was uttered about the Knights of Ren.

If she followed up on her son to that degree, she would then know or at least have some indication of him forming and leading such a "unique" group, yet we have such referances what so ever. So the once MASTER of the Knights of Ren betrayed them for Snoke.

Now they emerge to "settle the score" maybe much like the cloud raiders of Emfys Nest in Solo, wefirst see the Knights fight against the heroes, then once their nature and motives are revelaed they join up in the fight against Kylot and the new order.

What appearance are you referring to? Rey's vision in TFA? That seemed to take place during the destruction of Luke's Jedi Order. That may not be their appearance after that event.

The Knights of Ren could be opposed to Kylo but that doesn't make them heroes. Evil can fight evil. Aren't the Knights of Ren Luke's former students who joined Kylo's uprising against Luke? Even if not, they still helped Kylo kill a bunch of Jedi. Are they all gonna do an Anakin and get redeemed?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject: TRoS tickets Reply with quote

Rumor has it that tickets for TRoS will go on sale tonight or next Monday night when the new trailers is dropped during Monday Night Football. But next week is more likely because they normally announce in advance the day the tickets will go on sale and they haven't yet, and the Pacheats game is probably a bigger game than tonight's.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
https://rapida.co/us/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2019/04/Star-Wars-The-Rise-of-Skywalker-Trailer-Death-Star-743x372.jpg

griff wrote:
It's endor remember when death star 2 blew up there was a big piece coming down. That piece is embedded with the dark spirit of the emperor. The emperor t I think sill be a force ghost. I feel this movie will feel more like an Indiana Jones with everyone weathering for something, or being call to the piece of death star and I also think a resurrection of Anakin to finally destroy the emperor's dark spirit.

That makes a lot of sense to me...

Sutehp wrote:
Seeing the debris of the Death Star (in an ocean, no less; where the hell was that?) was a "WTF how did THAT happen?" moment as I watched the trailer, but with a few minutes' retrospection, I'm wondering if it's a sign that TRoS might be a retread of certain RotJ themes after all.

https://www.tor.com/2019/04/12/that-death-star-wreckage-in-star-wars-episode-ix-is-probably-the-first-death-star/

...but according to this guy's analysis, it's wreckage of the first Death Star. If so, then it could be Yavin IV or another one of Yavin's moons. Yavin IV isn't necessarily all jungle with no bodies of water anywhere on the planet. The ancient temples on Yavin IV could have have something to do with the Jedi, Sith, Whills, etc. Plus the first Death Star has been central to the plots of two Star Wars films, one of those being a Disney film (and it appeared in RotS). And TFA, Abrams first Star Wars film, is a reprise of ANH. Another clue is the medal from ANH.

Very well said, and if we look to the planets of the movies and compare with the rpg writeups we find that where the rpg planets have "one" type of terrain, be this water or jungle or desert or whatnot, we see that the planets are infact at least somewhat more diverse as to their features.
takodana, it is described not as particularly watery planet, but it has plenty of large lakes, maybe oceans.

Ach to....do we know that the only land mass is 3 pointy rocks?

look at Canto bite or whatever that cason planet was called, a desert planet by the writeups, yet with a large enough ocean.

so I think that the death star be it the 1 or 2 can very well be on endor, I doubt that all of endor is a forest......
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the old days... Endor also had deserts, at the very least.
Potroclo
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Wedge in TRoS? Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm surprised no one has anything to say about the possible return of Wedge.

That's actually awesome but personally I'm refraining from reading or watching anything TRoS-related until I see it... I'm already not feeling this movie, so I'ld rather keep this sensation, hope for the worst and be positively surprised at the theater Laughing although bringing back Wedge is actually very good news already IMHO
I'll keep squinting whenever i open this particular forum and probably not post much thought... Now for all things Mandalorian I say bring it on! I can't wait.
But I digress... No trailer yet, so next Monday is it?
Barbarossa41
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My humble theory:
The entire 9 movie saga is the story of C-3PO.
He will die in Ep. IX.
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potroclo wrote:
I'm refraining from reading or watching anything TRoS-related until I see it... I'm already not feeling this movie, so I'ld rather keep this sensation, hope for the worst and be positively surprised at the theater Laughing although bringing back Wedge is actually very good news already IMHO
I'll keep squinting whenever i open this particular forum

My suggestion then is to completely ignore this thread. We talk about the trailers and speculate.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Final Trailer

Advance tickets on sale
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Barbarossa41
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horses?????
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RANT // So just like always, they lied and tickets went on sale early. Why do I believe them? They are just trying to stagger the bandwidth. They know some fans have nothing better to do than to sit there and keep refreshing their internet browser tab until the ticket availability pops in. Then the rest of us with lives stagger in and get them as we can. I am a huge Star Wars nerd, but I have a life. I had to work today, feed my son dinner, take him with me to a church meeting tonight, and then had to pick up my wife from class, braving construction zones of dark highways in the rain and narrowly avoiding a recent accident that already involved four cars.

Those geeks with nothing to do but wait do not deserve to get the best tickets before me. After 42 years of fandom, Lucasfilm should be sending me premier tickets and flying my family out to California to see the film before everyone! I wouldn't spoil it for others.

Anyway after multiple attempts I got Thursday 12/19 tickets at 7:00pm, decent seats in my second choice theater for my son, my wife, my friend since before RotJ, and myself. I also got tickets for my son and me to see it again with my brother on the afternoon of Saturday 12/21 in my first choice theater. I know some people don't even have a movie theater where they live, but I live in the "movie theater district" of my city with three major chain theaters less than 5.5 miles from home, nearly 50 movie screens total between the three. A few more theaters are within 15 miles, including a 30-screen theater. It shouldn't be this hard to get good Thursday premiere tickets.

I'm sick of this sh!t. I'd honestly be happy if this were the final Star Wars movie ever. I don't feel my loyalty and investment in this franchise are really appreciated much. I really don't want to go through this again. This five movies in four years business is unsustainable. I'm so glad we are getting a three year break from Star Wars movies after this. // End Rant
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: