The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Disney+ Platform/Non-Star-Wars Programming
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> Disney+ Platform/Non-Star-Wars Programming Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was gonna give the Clone Wars a chance but apparently the 2003 show isn't streaming in Disney+ so I will probably just renew for a month or two and not buy a whole year.

The Mandalorian's second episode was good... not perfect like the first episode but no real problems. We'll see if it ends up being Blu-Ray purchase worthy or not.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
cheshire wrote:
I don't have Disney+, so, those of you who like it, what do you like about it? I'm interested even if I can't watch.

They have quite a few of the old 90's TV shows: Chip & Dale, Tale Spin, X-Men, etc... As well as a bunch of stuff which was locked in the Disney Vault.

So we got Disney+ tonight and right off the bat I have a complaint. We watched The Mandalorian episode 1, then went out for dinner, then came home to watch episode 2. I went into the series and hit enter, and it started replaying episode 1 even though I already watched it.

I am extremely disappointed that there is no Continue Watching feature like virtually every other streaming service. It's inconvenient that it does not remember where I last left off on a series (or episode). If I watch The Simpsons season 5 episode 12 one day, it does not know that season 5 episode 13 should be watched next and it should take me straight to that when I next go into The Simpsons. If you just hit enter on a show it always plays the first episode of the first season. That's stupid.

And before you say, "Well they just started so give them a break..." This is not just some new up and coming service struggling to gain a foothold in the market. This is entertainment giant Disney boldly bursting their way into the streaming market with over 10 million subscribers on Day 1 alone. I expect more out of Disney than Netflix or whoever when they started streaming.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely agree! However, if you can recall what episode you were on: it will pick up where you left off mid-episode. So there's at least that.

Another issue I've found with watching a series on D+, is that it is not very intuitive when it comes time to skip to the next episode, seems like only half of the time the "play next" option comes up during the credits. The rest of the time you have to back out, and then scan through the episodes to find the next one.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Raven Redstar wrote:
cheshire wrote:
I don't have Disney+, so, those of you who like it, what do you like about it? I'm interested even if I can't watch.

They have quite a few of the old 90's TV shows: Chip & Dale, Tale Spin, X-Men, etc... As well as a bunch of stuff which was locked in the Disney Vault.

So we got Disney+ tonight and right off the bat I have a complaint. We watched The Mandalorian episode 1, then went out for dinner, then came home to watch episode 2. I went into the series and hit enter, and it started replaying episode 1 even though I already watched it.

I am extremely disappointed that there is no Continue Watching feature like virtually every other streaming service. It's inconvenient that it does not remember where I last left off on a series (or episode). If I watch The Simpsons season 5 episode 12 one day, it does not know that season 5 episode 13 should be watched next and it should take me straight to that when I next go into The Simpsons. If you just hit enter on a show it always plays the first episode of the first season. That's stupid.

And before you say, "Well they just started so give them a break..." This is not just some new up and coming service struggling to gain a foothold in the market. This is entertainment giant Disney boldly bursting their way into the streaming market with over 10 million subscribers on Day 1 alone. I expect more out of Disney than Netflix or whoever when they started streaming.

It seems that some of the techs didn't do their research... or that they think they can "get away with" beta testing a product at consumer expense... tisk, tisk.
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:27 am    Post subject: some future D+ premiere dates Reply with quote

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/disney-plus-how-to-find-out-when-missing-marvel-star-wars-movies-are-coming/
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disney+ has the worst interface of the three streaming services I've tried. I will be cancelling my 7 day trial and not renewing. I have spoken.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
Disney+ has the worst interface of the three streaming services I've tried. I will be cancelling my 7 day trial and not renewing. I have spoken.

On the one hand, my knee-jerk is "They just launched, give them a break." On the other hand, my other knee is "They're Disney, for crying out loud, entering a well-saturated market. They had the time and money to make this a functioning product right out the gate."

With both knees jerked, I am sitting on the floor, not able to swing another subscription service right now.
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
TauntaunScout wrote:

On the one hand, my knee-jerk is "They just launched, give them a break." On the other hand, my other knee is "They're Disney, for crying out loud, entering a well-saturated market. They had the time and money to make this a functioning product right out the gate."

With both knees jerked, I am sitting on the floor, not able to swing another subscription service right now.

This is hilarious.

Thank you Nexx. I needed that today.

Very Happy Laughing
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
With both knees jerked, I am sitting on the floor...

This awesome turn of phrase was the second thing to make my day today (the first being Elan being awesome in Strip 1187 of the Order of the Stick. After all, where else would you expect the phrase "stumbling off in a drunken stupor to pass out in his bunk is the ultimate vote of confidence" to be awesome and make sense in context at the same time?).

Back to OT: Is there any way to watch The Mandalorian online without a Disney+ subscription? Or am I doomed to have to wait until the first season comes out on BluRay?
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Back to OT: Is there any way to watch The Mandalorian online without a Disney+ subscription? Or am I doomed to have to wait until the first season comes out on BluRay?

Not to my knowledge. I'll try not to post too many spoilers.
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Is there any way to watch The Mandalorian online without a Disney+ subscription? Or am I doomed to have to wait until the first season comes out on BluRay?

Not legally. The first live action Star Wars TV series being an exclusive on Disney+ is one of the major selling points of Disney+. They are trying to build up their subscriber base so they are not going to have it available any other way anytime soon.

There will be eight episodes in the first season. As an option, you can wait until the last episode airs, and then subscribe for the one week trial and binge it to see them all for free. If you can't watch them all in a week, you can subscribe for one month and pay $6.99 to watch the whole season, then cancel Disney+ so you've only paid for one month. That way you won't have to wait for blu-ray, and $6.99 is a lot cheaper than the blu-ray too.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son says D+ resolved the issue of not remembering which episode you left off on in a series.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
My son says D+ resolved the issue of not remembering which episode you left off on in a series.

I noticed it the other day. Unfortunately, our home LTE internet service is garbage and D+ doesn't work well on it at all.

Getting satellite service next month, and hopefully it'll be quick enough that the family can stream what we want to.
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Simpsons was what tipped the scale for me. That's a show I can put on in the background while gaming or writing and not get distracted by it, but still enjoy the humor. At least the first ten seasons or so.

The start where you left off feature is resolved. It was working intermittently at best for the first few weeks, but it has definitely been resolved.

I'm glad I got the service. All three episodes of the Mandalorian have been excellent. It's definitely the part of Star Wars I have been missing. Good storytelling in a sci-fi world that feels very, very real.

The amount of content is staggering. They have the cartoon Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, which is very good. I've restarted the Clone Wars CGI cartoon and will finally watch Rebels, something I've been waiting for for a while. Looking forward to seeing the Grand Admiral on screen for the first time since TIE Fighter the video game.

Cheers all!
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kytross wrote:
The Simpsons was what tipped the scale for me. That's a show I can put on in the background while gaming or writing and not get distracted by it, but still enjoy the humor. At least the first ten seasons or so.

Oddly enough, Season Ten is roughly where I stopped watching The Simpsons.... How many seaons of The Simpsons are we at today? I lost count, is it like 28 seasons by now or something?

Kytross wrote:
I've restarted the Clone Wars CGI cartoon and will finally watch Rebels, something I've been waiting for for a while. Looking forward to seeing the Grand Admiral on screen for the first time since TIE Fighter the video game.

You won't be disappointed. Thrawn is just as much a Magnificent b@st@rd* in Rebels as he is in the Legends continuity. He doesn't get outmaneuvered until the very last episode, and boy, is that a doozy that he (or the audience) could never have seen coming. You're gonna love it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: