The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New Knights of the Old Republic Project
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> New Knights of the Old Republic Project
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject: New Knights of the Old Republic Project Reply with quote

Kathleen Kennedy Confirms Knights Of The Old Republic Project Is In Development

In the video linked on this page, she doesn't explicitly state it is a movie as being "reported" but in the video conversation she refers to not over-saturating the market with Star Wars movies and also talks about Disney+, so the KotOR project could be a movie or TV series. I never played the game and don't know much about it, but why not? I think making new Star Wars far removed from the Skywalker Saga is probably their best bet (but I still want an inter-trilogy Obi-Wan film).
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: New Knights of the Old Republic Project Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Kathleen Kennedy Confirms Knights Of The Old Republic Project Is In Development

In the video linked on this page, she doesn't explicitly state it is a movie as being "reported" but in the video conversation she refers to not over-saturating the market with Star Wars movies and also talks about Disney+, so KotOR project could be a movie or TV series. I never played the game and don't know much about it, but why not? I think making new Star Wars far removed from the Skywalker Saga is probably their best bet (but I still want an inter-trilogy Obi-Wan film).

The original KotOR game on Xbox is the bench mark for quality console games - both in story, and immersion of the player into the game itself.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see that.

Whill, HK-47 alone is worth the price of that game, which is still available on GOG and elsewhere.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: KotOR project Reply with quote

Pel wrote:
I'd like to see that.

Whill, HK-47 alone is worth the price of that game, which is still available on GOG and elsewhere.

Duly noted. I have a little GOG credit but I'm not much a video gamer so waiting for older games (I can hopefully get the soundtracks off of) to go on sale.

Treefrog wrote:
The original KotOR game on Xbox is the bench mark for quality console games - both in story, and immersion of the player into the game itself.

My son has an Xbox One but he is still on Lego games with the more cartoony violence.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOG's running their Maythe4th sale. KOTOR's going for $3.49, along with deep discounts on many other Star Wars titles. The only one I don't see on the list is Force Commander. Heard it was bad, but I never tried it.
RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pel wrote:
...The only one I don't see on the list is Force Commander. Heard it was bad, but I never tried it.

Force Commander was an interesting concept, but the game was extremely frustrating. I still have my 2000 copy, but it would be great for gog to release it (as I have all of the other titles)...even if just to rage-quit all over again...and again... Wink
Solo4114
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This same sale is available on Steam as well for any who prefer that platform. Humble Store has a sale as well, but they basically just sell Steam keys (as does Green Man Gaming).
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pel wrote:

There's a reason I picked this as my avatar. Smile
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Pel wrote:

There's a reason I picked this as my avatar. Smile

Me: Quiet, meatbag. Retraction: Did I say that out loud? I apologize, master. While you are a meatbag, I suppose I should not call you such."

cheshire: "You just called me a meatbag again!"

Me: "Explanation: It's just that... you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea."

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: