The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

13 hrs..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> 13 hrs.. Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:50 am    Post subject: 13 hrs.. Reply with quote

Just got done re-watching the film '13 hrs, the story of Benghazi'

ANd like the film Tears of the Sun, i always am left wondering.. How would i show case something like that into a SW game..

If YOU were the ones setting up a game based on that film, (minus the political bull), how would you set it up?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same way you always do...

Throw a small team against a much larger and more powerful enemy, killing some or all of them in the process.

This should be an easy concept for an evil GM to grasp...

Twisted Evil

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
OuttaWindu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:

This should be an easy concept for an evil GM to grasp...

Twisted Evil

If you tell your players the campaign is going to be hard, it's not evil Wink
thedemonapostle
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the players ask for more realism then you could throw something like this at them. should they die, well, that's on them for making poor choices and/or rolls.

d6holocron.com: Thedemonapostle

Thedemonapostle Star Wars Crossovers
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was more on about.. How would you set it up? Would they be protecting a base? An outpost? Or something else? Would they be members of the rebellion, or mercs??
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold out against superior forces until reinforcements can arrive. Like the Battle of Rorke's Drift, for instance.
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
I was more on about.. How would you set it up? Would they be protecting a base? An outpost? Or something else? Would they be members of the rebellion, or mercs??

Squad or two of Republic Commandos under command of a couple ARC troopers in the closing days of the Clone Wars.

Original mission was to insert onto a contested planet at the fringe to assist, instruct and lead an indigenous guerilla force against the separatist forces on that planet to assist in future operations in the sector.

Centered around the remnants of the embattled Republic diplomatic compound and the Republic Commando's forward operations compound.

When the compounds come under intense waves of attacks from battle droids and the local separatist natives, defense is the main goal; with the Republic Ambassador on the ground influencing/interfering with the progress of the fight.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can drop them into a scenario in which they have to evacuate a Rebel dignitary amid heightening tensions from the local populace. Not every planet welcomes the Rebellion and maybe the players have to extract with their VIP before the Empire arrives. The transport can suffer sabotage or maybe just takes off without them while under fire. Lots of different ways for that to go.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got an entire official WEG publication (Rules of Engagements) about special forces operations to mine for ideas, too...

Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
We've got an entire official WEG publication (Rules of Engagements) about special forces operations to mine for ideas, too...

My favorite SWD6 supplement ever.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:

Likewise, and one of the ones I've owned longest, as well. If you were to look at a photo of my WEG book collection, Rules of Engagement would be recognizable as a solid white strip in the middle of the stack; I've had it so long and used it so much that the binding is falling apart and the backing has fallen off completely.

Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:

Likewise, and one of the ones I've owned longest, as well. If you were to look at a photo of my WEG book collection, Rules of Engagement would be recognizable as a solid white strip in the middle of the stack; I've had it so long and used it so much that the binding is falling apart and the backing has fallen off completely.

And this is why I keep all my softcover RPG supplements in plastic magazine-size bags: to prevent such damage from occurring. 8)
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the damage occured during a time before I had enough spare funds to fill out my collection. As such, it was one of the few books I had, so it got a lot of use.

Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:

And this is why I keep all my softcover RPG supplements in plastic magazine-size bags: to prevent such damage from occurring. 8)

I keep all my paperbacks in magazine bags with back boards (well, the ones that aren't currently in a small stack or three I've got around the house). Unfortunately, that doesn't prevent all damage. Several of my WEG SW books, including my copy of RoE, have started to fall apart from even careful usage over the years. The binding comes undone, the back pages start coming out. I just don't want to spend the money to replace them with less used copies, so the magazine bags prevent the loose pages from getting lost.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can buy library-grade (yes, that's a thing) binding glue on Amazon. I've used it to repair my old supplements and it works well. Just don't use too much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: