The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Limited Run Games will do Collector's Edition of a few games
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games -> Limited Run Games will do Collector's Edition of a few games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:54 am    Post subject: Limited Run Games will do Collector's Edition of a few games Reply with quote

Particular to our interests, are:

Star Wars™ (NES, Game Boy)

Star Wars™: Bounty Hunter (PS4)

Star Wars™: Dark Forces (PC)

Star Wars™ Episode I: Racer (PC, N64)

Star Wars™: The Empire Strikes Back (NES, Game Boy)

Star Wars™: Jedi Knight (PC)

Star Wars™ Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast (PC)

Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (PC)

Star Wars™: Racer Revenge (PS4)

Star Wars™: Rebel Assault (PC)

Star Wars™: Shadows of the Empire (PC, N64)

Star Wars™: TIE Fighter (PC)

Star Wars™: X-Wing (PC)

---

To whit: "Starting June 28 with Star Wars™: Bounty Hunter (PlayStation 4) and Star Wars™ (NES, Game Boy), Limited Run Games will be re-releasing LucasArts classics in elaborate Collector’s Edition packages every month — including games from fan-favorite franchises such as Star Wars™ and Monkey Island™."
Solo4114
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that these will be physical packagings of these games for their original platforms or for the platforms listed. E.G., Bounty Hunter will only be available on PS4. The EMpire Strikes Back will only be available on Gameboy and NES, which means you have to have a working console or a retro console to play 'em.

Note that all of the PC games are currently available on GOG and Steam.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I love the Star Wars PC games and got them again from Steam and GOG. I downloaded the graphics upgrade from X-Wing Alliance Upgrade and it looks awesome but I still haven't gotten past that one mission where you have to dock with that space station to rescue Uncle Antan....
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they ever manage to get X-Wing Alliance to work with Windows 10?
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Did they ever manage to get X-Wing Alliance to work with Windows 10?

I have Windows 10 and I can run it no problem on my computer. Hell, it even works with XWingUpgrade. Of course, I have the downloaded version from Steam, dunno how well it would work with a CD-ROM version....
OuttaWindu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-release of Jedi Academy? Niiiice...
Solo4114
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OuttaWindu wrote:

All the Dark Forces/Jedi Whatever games have been out on PC for a while now. You can get them through Steam or GOG.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solo4114 wrote:
OuttaWindu wrote:

All the Dark Forces/Jedi Whatever games have been out on PC for a while now. You can get them through Steam or GOG.

Indeed, I got them from Steam 2 or 3 years ago and just recently replayed Academy and had a blast.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could make the X-Wing/Tie Fighter games work with my controller. I just can't justify buying an insanely priced joystick when a two-button jobbie did me just fine back in the day.

As it is, all I do is fly and die. In X-Wing. I expect flying and dying to be synonymous with being in a Tie Fighter.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
I wish I could make the X-Wing/Tie Fighter games work with my controller. I just can't justify buying an insanely priced joystick when a two-button jobbie did me just fine back in the day.

As it is, all I do is fly and die. In X-Wing. I expect flying and dying to be synonymous with being in a Tie Fighter.

Ray, when I purchased the X-Wing and TIE Fighter flight sims a couple years ago from Steam, I also had to get a new joystick since I long ago lost my beloved Sidewinder Force Feedback joystick. (I don't remember exactly how much that Force Feedback joystick cost me but I think it was around $75 and worth every cent.) But when I had to get a new joystick, the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro was the only thing that I could find in Walmart that was even remotely affordable, meaning around $20 to $30. And that was more than sufficient to my needs since it has 12 programmable buttons as well as the throttle switch. Being able to program your 1/3 and 2/3 thrust into your buttons instead of having to rely on the throttle switch helps a ton in X-Wing Alliance where maneuverability depends on your speed (and accidentally hitting zero thrust turns you into a sitting duck).

Anyway, my point is, finding a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick should be a breeze and they're far more affordable now (they should presently be in the $20 to $30 range, give or take) than when they first came out.
OuttaWindu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solo4114 wrote:
OuttaWindu wrote:

Oh I have a bunch of them on Steam I just thought this might include some optimization or something but I guess that isn't happening. I know waiting for a remastered version is pointless, nothing like that will ever be made.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I use to play them. And it's been just fine.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Microsoft-SideWinder-Force-Feedback-2-65600105-Joystick/141256933?iid=401779500302
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
This is what I use to play them. And it's been just fine.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Microsoft-SideWinder-Force-Feedback-2-65600105-Joystick/141256933?iid=401779500302

Holy Mother of god and all her wacky nephews, a Sidewinder Force Feedback for only $10??? If I didn't already have my Logitech, I'd grab that myself!

EDIT: Heh, I just scrolled down that page and saw the other Sidewinder Force Feedback joysticks for their more usual prices of $100 or more. That makes me wonder if there's something wrong with the $10 one. It's eBay so buy at your own risk. eBay may have a good rep about buying and selling, but this sort of thing can't help but make me suspicious. Caveat emptor and all that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: