The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Classic Star Wars Theater Screening
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Classic Star Wars Theater Screening Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
It's all good. Getting to heckle the new stuff was all part of the fun, and I have software copies of the Revisited fan version of ANH and ESB to keep me warm. Have you looked at those yet?

Not more than short clips. I wouldn't mind checking them out someday, but there is just no need for them because I am ok with the revised versions, other than blinking for Greedo's shot. No versions in existence are perfect, but all versions are awesome.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:
It's all good. Getting to heckle the new stuff was all part of the fun, and I have software copies of the Revisited fan version of ANH and ESB to keep me warm. Have you looked at those yet?

Not more than short clips. I wouldn't mind checking them out someday, but there is just no need for them because I am ok with the revised versions, other than blinking for Greedo's shot. No versions in existence are perfect, but all versions are awesome.

I have copies of the ANH and ESB versions, and I particularly like what they did with the battle/fight sequences. Some examples:
    -Reverts to the classic Han shoots Greedo under the table.

-During the escape from Tatooine, the Falcon actually performs some maneuvers while evading the Star Destroyers.

-During the Battle of Yavin, there is a lot more fighter activity in the background.

-Porkins' X-Wing is seen taking a hit to its engine before he goes down.

-When the TIEs finally arrive, there's a lot more of them (huge swarm).

-The command table at Yavin actually projects a hologram of the system in the air above the table.

-Scenes are inserted showing the Death Star about to fire, including having the converging beams on the superlaser igniting just as it explodes.

-In ESB, the ion cannon scene has more activity, with one of the X-Wings getting shot down by the ISD before it gets ionized, then showing the transport and the X-Wing jumping to hyperspace.

-The AT-ATs are accompanied by a lot more AT-STs, and several snowspeeders can be seen being shot down in the battle scenes.

-After Veers' orders "all troops will debark for ground assault," you can see actual hatches open in the sides of the AT-ATs with stormtroopers deploying by drop-line.

Those are just the obvious examples I can think of. Apparently RotJ Revisited is still in the works, but considering how good everything looks in the first two, I'm really looking forward to seeing what he does with the Battle of Endor (needs a lot more Rebel ships to be truly believable).

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice that they use elements of all the versions of the films in their revisions. From what I gather, you have to get these films from torrent sites. I am not well-versed in these illicit areas of the internet and fear downloading malware so I avoid them.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
It's nice that they use elements of all the versions of the films in their revisions. From what I gather, you have to get these films from torrent sites. I am not well-versed in these illicit areas of the internet and fear downloading malware so I avoid them.

I downloaded them, and my security software didn’t seem to have any issues. If you’re interested, I can send you a copy.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Whill wrote:
From what I gather, you have to get these films from torrent sites. I am not well-versed in these illicit areas of the internet and fear downloading malware so I avoid them.

I downloaded them, and my security software didn’t seem to have any issues. If you’re interested, I can send you a copy.

After careful consideration, I have updated the Rancor Pit Bootleg policy to address copies films. Thanks.

https://rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=191537#191537
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: