The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

map resources - help needed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Artwork -> map resources - help needed
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildfire
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject: map resources - help needed Reply with quote

I'm looking for help finding resources for illustrating a sector map I'm playing with.
I've managed to create planet icons but am stuck finding a texture/pattern that looks close to the old WEG pattern they used for nebula's and gas clouds etc.

Can any one suggest anything?
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wildfire, take a gander at my SWU Campaign Resources folder here in my Google Docs: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0By9UuUWWH6CiTjhUd0k4SUpOb0k It's a more direct route to my Star Wars RPG stuff than the link in my signature (which has all of my RPG stuff, not just Star Wars).

Specifically, I think what you're looking for are my Astrogation Chart and System Map jpegs. I found them somewhere or other in the Internet and forget where (they're almost certainly copied from some SWD6 book), but if you want to illustrate a sector, they should prove useful.

And feel free to take a look at the rest of the stuff in there; I've got stuff ranging from fillable SWU character, vehicle and starship sheets to Star Wars fluff documents from the Rogue One novelization and elsewhere in the SWU to even a star system generator (though it wasn't made for the SWD6 system) to build solar systems from scratch.

My magnum opus in that folder is probably the Alliance Communique #1 document. It's an in-character/in-universe after-action report from my Special Ops SWD6 character (Captain Jolmar Bulth) about how one of his adventures went pear-shaped because I had issues with how the GM had written/designed the adventure. (That adventure was completely written from scratch by the GM and it showed.) IMHO, the way he had written the adventure made the local Rebel NPCs look like a bunch of spice-addled, incompetent idiots who wouldn't last 2 weeks in a war against the Empire. Not only that, but those NPCs put us PCs in danger with their incompetence. This document was a sort of in-universe hint (written from my PC's perspective as the team leader) to let the GM know that he really needed to do some better writing for his plotlines, or at least find some way to justify why the Rebellion would allow such incompetent nincompoops to work for them. You might find it funny to read. (And if you're wondering why there isn't an Alliance Communique #2 document, well....)
wildfire
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I've seen that before very good resource.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite on-topic, but have you seen mcbobbo's Sector Map Generation system?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
wildfire
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About to use it for the hyperspace routes, got my planets sorted out and the shape of the map called for something to fill the split the generation created so nebula. Smile
wildfire
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First rough draft can be found here
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildfire wrote:

Nice! I do have a sector map but haven't put any thought into the trading lanes and distances. I usually fluff my way through this side of the game by making arbitrary decisions about travel time - 2 days being the standard declaration! Next time I deal with a campaign setting I'll put in the work!

If you check out my blog, particularly anything marked "Star Wars D6 Adventure" (which are notes and materials for GMs running the Long Shot Campaign), you will find some maps there which may be of use. I don't claim ownership of any of them, they were all sourced from google images.
wildfire
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bissler wrote:
wildfire wrote:

Nice! I do have a sector map but haven't put any thought into the trading lanes and distances. I usually fluff my way through this side of the game by making arbitrary decisions about travel time - 2 days being the standard declaration! Next time I deal with a campaign setting I'll put in the work!

If you check out my blog, particularly anything marked "Star Wars D6 Adventure" (which are notes and materials for GMs running the Long Shot Campaign), you will find some maps there which may be of use. I don't claim ownership of any of them, they were all sourced from google images.

will do, I find I can make the story hang together better when I know a little about the area and trade often drives conflict.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Artwork All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: