The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Clone Inhibitor Chips
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Clone Inhibitor Chips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:34 pm    Post subject: Clone Inhibitor Chips Reply with quote

I just had an interesting idea about clone inhibitor chips. It is a stand-alone biological "tool". What if a virus were developed that specifically attacked it and destroyed it. Furthermore, what if a virus were constructed that alters or changes the instructions?

Wow, that opens up a lot of possibilities!
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INHIBITOR CHIPS
Republic officials are well aware that clones have been modified to behave less independently than their template. However, unknown to the Republic, the clones, and the majority of their Kaminoan cloners are the inhibitor chips installed in the part of each clone's brain that controls aggression. A chip, by modifying aggressive feelings, manipulates the clone's emotions regarding obedience and loyalty to those in authority and anger toward their enemies. Being biological in composition, the chips suffer no vulnerability to EMP and have a low chance of rejection by a clone's immune system. Even with an advanced medical scan, a chip appears to be merely an enlarged gland that helps stimulate adrenaline production for energy and other hormones to regulate emotional stability.

Inhibitor Chip
Model: Kaminoan Behavioral Inhibitor Biochip
Type: Cybernetic/Bioware Brain implant
Scale: Character
Skill: Medicine: cyborging (to install)
Cost: 7,000 credits (does not include cost to install)
Cyber Points: 1
Availability: 3, R
Difficulty to Install: Easy (10)
Game Notes: Requires voice activation. Once Order 66 is initiated the clone must make a Heroic willpower check. If the roll fails, the clone's empathy is reduced to nothing and the Jedi are seen as enemies. This lack of empathy and their genetically encoded mandate to follows orders reduces them to little more than killing machines.
Source: Rise of the Separatists (p.12), Medical Sourcebook (p.118), tweaks by +Oliver Queen.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With it being bio based, and NOT showing up on medical scanners, how would one hack it?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
With it being bio based, and NOT showing up on medical scanners, how would one hack it?

Carefully? And I suggested a crafted viral.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
garhkal wrote:

If you know it's there, and know a bit about it, you might be able to craft something that would target it, as distinct from the body it is inserted into. I like the idea of a virus... one that goes after the biochip cells, and triggers an immune response from the body.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would succeeding the check to "not execute order 66" meaning you do not fail the willpower check, what then.

Is the clone now "immune" to the command, will he have resistances to being issued the same order again?

Clone CT-1212
Succeeds his heroic willpower check, he does NOT react to order 66 and doesn't attack/kill the jedi close to him.

what now, can the officer shout another order 66 and we roll again?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
Would succeeding the check to "not execute order 66" meaning you do not fail the willpower check, what then.

Is the clone now "immune" to the command, will he have resistances to being issued the same order again?

what now, can the officer shout another order 66 and we roll again?

That is an excellent question and I do not have any information on which to base the answer.

My gut says that the clone in question is now immune to the order or else each time he tries to fight it the difficulty drops a level. Possibly give a static modifier to resist? +10?
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nod nod, and reduction and eventually a flat difficulty sounds right to me.

Immune I am not so sure, this is a bio chip, unless it somehow stops working I can not see immunity.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
Immune I am not so sure, this is a bio chip, unless it somehow stops working I can not see immunity.

Well, keep in mind, them resisting the programming would be at the dramatically high point of a story and if they succeed, I as a GM, could easily be persuaded in saying they are permanently immune to its effects, having somehow mentally supplanting the bioware instructions.

I mean, its gobbly gook talk, but it sounds Star Warsish enough to me to allow =)
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Mamatried wrote:

Well, keep in mind, them resisting the programming would be at the dramatically high point of a story and if they succeed, I as a GM, could easily be persuaded in saying they are permanently immune to its effects, having somehow mentally supplanting the bioware instructions.

I mean, its gobbly gook talk, but it sounds Star Warsish enough to me to allow =)

I can see your point, for all practical purposes they will be = to immune to the effects, makes sense.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
I can see your point, for all practical purposes they will be = to immune to the effects, makes sense.

Yeah. I think that would be my official ruling on it. I might toss in some dice rolls in certain conditions just to keep the player wondering. I might also narrate their feelings being shut down, waking dreams, perhaps a nightmare of them following the instructions. Something to keep them wondering until they get it removed, burned out, or whatnot.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
shootingwomprats wrote:
garhkal wrote:

If you know it's there, and know a bit about it, you might be able to craft something that would target it, as distinct from the body it is inserted into. I like the idea of a virus... one that goes after the biochip cells, and triggers an immune response from the body.

But wouldn't that if anything, kick the chip OUT of the clone, by forcing say his white blood cells to attack it? Not hack/alter it, thus change what the commands are?

shootingwomprats wrote:
Mamatried wrote:

Maybe that's how that one squad of clone commandos, worked AGAINST the republic, after ignoring the order.. THey all rolled so well on their willpower, they became immune to it..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: