The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Three campaign ideas I'm thinking of
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Three campaign ideas I'm thinking of
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adol_Ha
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject: Three campaign ideas I'm thinking of Reply with quote

I got three campaign ideas that I'd like you guys to comment on. Any suggestions you have on which one you think is the best one, or how to improve them.

Campaign One: Clan Saxon

The first one is set during the Mandalorian Wars. In my fanon timeline, the MWs happen 200 years after the destruction of the Sith. So the Republic was still pretty militarized and the Jedi hadn't yet adopted the No Attachments policy.

The campaign follows some Jedi and their allies as they battle Mandalorian clan Saxon which is trying to find the Darksaber. Which would let them unite all Mandalor under their banner.

Campaign Two: Jedi Hunt

This would be post-Mandalorian Wars. You play a group that is trying to track down a Jedi who was exiled from the Order when he lost his temper and murdered a prisoner.

But the interesting part of the campaign is that if you play a Jedi, you are to try to hide yourself, because the Jedi have experienced some really bad PR for the handling of the MWs. That and the Berdotta race has recently blamed the Jedi Order of kidnapping their children. So Jedi aren't liked very much.

Campaign Three: The True Emperor

This campaign would be set during the Galactic Civil War. The Battle of Jakku has just happened and Grand Vizor Mad Amedda is in talks to surrender the Empire to the Republic. But, during the signing, Warlord Zsinj declares himself Emperor and basically takes control of the Empire.

So you play as a group that is trying to sabotage Zsinj's campaign to retake the Galaxy. You would have a few space battle scenarios.

Not only do you have to face him, but he is allied with a fallen Jedi who commands his best fleet. So you can't just won by taking down one, you have to take both out.

Last edited by Adol_Ha on Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sound interesting, especially the 2nd one.
Adol_Ha
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
They sound interesting, especially the 2nd one.

With #1 and #2, you could play them as one super-arc if you wanted to. But actually #2 I've actually devoted the most time into developing myself.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like 1 and 2. I wanted to run a campaign set during the Mandalorian Wars to see how my Jedi PCs would handle it, but the 2nd definitely seems like an awesome follow-up to run as a mega campaign arc.

#3 I'm not sure how I feel about, but mostly because I'm not super well read on Zsinj.
Adol_Ha
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
I like 1 and 2. I wanted to run a campaign set during the Mandalorian Wars to see how my Jedi PCs would handle it, but the 2nd definitely seems like an awesome follow-up to run as a mega campaign arc.

#3 I'm not sure how I feel about, but mostly because I'm not super well read on Zsinj.

Zsinj was arguably the most powerful of the Imperial Warlords materially. He was closer to an Admiral Piett or Gilead Pealleon than he was ever to Thrawn.

But even though he wasn't even close to Thrawn's genius, had he focused even a tenth of hia military might on the New Republic, he'd have crushed them without breaking a sweat. Really the main reason the NR wasn't crusged within two years of Endor was simply a case of Zsinj being too busy gobbling up minor splinter factions to really take care of business. And when he got around to it, the NR had not only become entrenched, but had started getting some pretty big hitting allies, like the Hapes Consortium.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea. Had Zjini also not been concerned with getting his own secret projects up as well, Wraith squadron may not have dealt him a big blow (or three) before his final downfal in courtship of leia.
Adol_Ha
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Yea. Had Zjini also not been concerned with getting his own secret projects up as well, Wraith squadron may not have dealt him a big blow (or three) before his final downfal in courtship of leia.

The main issue I feel is that Heir to the Empire came out in '91. Zsinj wasn't introduced until Courtship in '94. As such, because we knew the state of the Galaxy in 9 ABY, and Courtship was earlier than that, the writers were constrained and couldn't put his threat to it's fullest potential.
RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Kiss my Wookiee!" - the last thing Zsinj heard before his bridge exploded from concussion missiles fired by Han Solo. One of my favorite scenes in Courtship.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adol_Ha wrote:
garhkal wrote:

The main issue I feel is that Heir to the Empire came out in '91. Zsinj wasn't introduced until Courtship in '94. As such, because we knew the state of the Galaxy in 9 ABY, and Courtship was earlier than that, the writers were constrained and couldn't put his threat to it's fullest potential.

Good point. Though i wonder, HAD he survived, how Thrawn would have handled him.?
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Adol_Ha wrote:
garhkal wrote:

Good point. Though i wonder, HAD he survived, how Thrawn would have handled him.?

I remember in Legends how Pellaeon became Daala's right-hand man after being Thrawn's right-hand man previously and how Daala and Pellaeon killed off the squabbling Imperial warlords at Tsoss Beacon to reunify the Empire. Granted, this isn't quite analogous because 1) I'm talking about Pellaeon rather than Thrawn; 2) Daala was the instigator of the massacre of the Imperial Warlords rather than Pellaeon (who went along with it once he saw the warlords refused to settle their differences) and 3) Daala and Pellaeon were reacting to a group of warlords rather than Thrawn reacting to the single individual of Zsinj. But could Pellaeon's actions as Thrawn's "spiritual successor" (for lack of a better term) in the Legends timeline offer any insight into what Thrawn might have done against Zsinj?

I know, I know, I'm just spitballing here, but I'm asking this: could Pellaeon's actions in the Legends timeline throughout his entire lifetime (remember, Pellaeon became a fairly effective leader of the Imperial Remnant after Daala relinquished the role) offer any insight into what Thrawn might have done against Zsinj? After all, Pellaeon knew Thrawn fairly well and no doubt learned a fair amount of strategy and tactics from his superior officer and mentor.
Adol_Ha
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
garhkal wrote:
Adol_Ha wrote:
garhkal wrote:

I remember in Legends how Pellaeon became Daala's right-hand man after being Thrawn's right-hand man previously and how Daala and Pellaeon killed off the squabbling Imperial warlords at Tsoss Beacon to reunify the Empire. Granted, this isn't quite analogous because 1) I'm talking about Pellaeon rather than Thrawn; 2) Daala was the instigator of the massacre of the Imperial Warlords rather than Pellaeon (who went along with it once he saw the warlords refused to settle their differences) and 3) Daala and Pellaeon were reacting to a group of warlords rather than Thrawn reacting to the single individual of Zsinj. But could Pellaeon's actions as Thrawn's "spiritual successor" (for lack of a better term) in the Legends timeline offer any insight into what Thrawn might have done against Zsinj?

I know, I know, I'm just spitballing here, but I'm asking this: could Pellaeon's actions in the Legends timeline throughout his entire lifetime (remember, Pellaeon became a fairly effective leader of the Imperial Remnant after Daala relinquished the role) offer any insight into what Thrawn might have done against Zsinj? After all, Pellaeon knew Thrawn fairly well and no doubt learned a fair amount of strategy and tactics from his superior officer and mentor.

Thrawn was willing to work with any Imperial who was willing to put aside rivalries and work for the good of the Empire which by extension was the good of the Galaxy at large. So it would indeed, as you put it, what Zsinj would do that would determine how Thrawn dealt with him. I wanna say that the Essential Guide to Warfare talks about Thrawn accepting resources from splinter factions that while not uniting under his banner, was willing to work with him.

Zsinj however most likely wouldn't and Thrawn may have had to battle him first before he could tutn his attention to the New Republic. Zsinj would probably try jumping and squashing thr Chiss Grand Admiral and his faction, growing it rightly as a future threat to his own empire. Once Thrawn disposed of him, he'd be able to fight the NR with even more confidence as he had just trounced a probably greater numerical foe than the NR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: