The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Atlantropa Articles Book Review
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> The Atlantropa Articles Book Review
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adol_Ha
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:02 am    Post subject: The Atlantropa Articles Book Review Reply with quote

As a fan of AlternateHistoryHub, when I found out that the host, Cody, had written an alternate history book, I was eager to read it.

The Atlantropa Articles is set around 3960 and the Reich controls Europe. They accomplished this by building the Atlantropa Dams and draining the Mediterranean (it was an actual historical plan by a German scientist that Hitler basically laughed out of existence).

It is an okay book, but saying book does feel like stretching it. The story is really paper thin, with no true sustance. A very early part of the book has the Nazi main characters crew finding a 1940s record along the Mediterranean floor, which is called the Klin after being drained and turning it into basically a more sever version of Death Valley. How this record survived for 2,000 years and works perfectly, and how the Nazi engineer at knows how to build a record player is never explained.

It's a book that has the feeling of the author, Cody Franklin, wrote the rough draft, polished it without doing any major editing, and published it without anyone beta-reading it. As a self-published author myself, it's a guaranteed formula for faliure.

I would say, this book is a very mediocre book that is best read if you don't have any expectations for quality.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: