The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Mystery Rank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Mystery Rank
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject: Mystery Rank Reply with quote

According to the great wisdom of the Wookipedia the agents known as the Emperor's Hand hold the Rank

K-12

Now while some Hands, like mara jade and roganda ismaren was not militarry, others were active military, how whould they rank.

My question is what wouls the rank plaque look like for a K-12.

I know all about what the hands do, how then can take charge of about anything and how they act with the big man's authority

but if a military hand chose to for any reson to done a uniform and polish the brass, what wouls their rank plaque look like.

One thing I personally encisoned was a plaque like that of the grand admiral just with a differnt color combo.

here is my version:

RRRYYY
RRRBBB

R=red, Y=yellow, B=blue
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess would be....NO rank insignia.

Seeing someone in a military uniform completely bereft of rank insignia could be a potentially frightening experience.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dredwulf60 wrote:
My guess would be....NO rank insignia.

Seeing someone in a military uniform completely bereft of rank insignia could be a potentially frightening experience.

I agree.

the reason I ask is that some the hands were active military, and thus would have some form of rank.

Now I would assume a hand with the rank of lieutenant would keep rank and rank plaque even as a hand, but when they do assum command and reveal their authority that is according to the available infomation more or less second only to the emperor him self.

However, given how large an imerial command can be it would seem od and maybe even create issues with the flow of command seeing a mere lieutenant sit at the desk ordering admirals around like pawns.

Again a very extrmemsituation, but one take into consideration with the hand's close to total authority.

Now as a symbol a rank plaque of sorts that wouls indicate a command rank, or a rank indicating the office of the emperor would in such cases cause less questions and hindrances with commad, than the appearence of a mere junior officer bossing around colonels and admirals
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RRRRRR
RRRRRR
RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

griff wrote:
RRRRRR
RRRRRR

Looked like growling and reminded me of Mutant Enemy.

While I like Dredwulf's idea of no rank insignia displayed (similar to Vader, the Inquisitors, and Advisers), I'd say make them part of the ISB and slap any rank on them. High ranking ISB officers pretty much have carte blanche power over civilian and military authorities, not to mention immediate control of stormtrooper assets.
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A completely different universe context example:

We have James Bond.

007 = License to Kill....he goes wherever and does whatever in the service of the crown. Kind of a like an Emperor's Hand.

AND he also holds the rank of Commander in the navy as he came up from Naval Intelligence.

Hence he is sometimes referred to as 'Commander Bond'.
And he has been seen in uniform as such.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the US, we have a thing called "Dual Status" wherein a person has both a military and civilian rank in the US Government.

For example, in my reserve unit in the army, we had a master sergeant (E-8) who, in his civilian job was a CIA agent.

In the US Government, every military rank has a civilian equivalent (such as GS-7 or GS-15... note that the numerical portions do not correlate, so GS-15 is something like a field grade officer [Colonel, 0-5 or 0-6] in terms of overall government authority).

So, the master sergeant may have had a military rank of E-8, and a civilian rank of GS-14 (or whatever). When our unit was set to deploy, the master sergeant did not deploy with us, because his mission with the CIA took precedence, even though deployment orders normally trump everything else in a person's life. He deployed on a different mission for the same government, basically.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Naaman. Interesting information.

Naaman wrote:
When our unit was set to deploy, the master sergeant did not deploy with us, because his mission with the CIA took precedence, even though deployment orders normally trump everything else in a person's life. He deployed on a different mission for the same government, basically.
He sounds like a PC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: