The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Clone Trooper Stats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Clone Trooper Stats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject: Clone Trooper Stats Reply with quote

Now I don't care about skills but the ability scores of a clone trooper and jango/boba seems to not match

from what I gather these are the attributes of jango/boba
DEX 4D
KNO 2D+2
MEC 2D+2
PER 3D
STR 3D+2
TEC 2D

and these being the attributes of clones
Dexterity 3D+1
Knowledge 2D
Mechanical 2D+1
Perception 3D
Strength 3D+1
Technical 2D

Here i count the clones as 2D below, now I know these are NPCs, but from what I gather even the template is not identical to jango/boba's attributes and this makes me think that they are some strange clones indeed
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so strange to me.

A clone is a physical genetic copy.

There is so much in the attributes that come from upbringing and training.
The clones have the raw stock but most of them were trained in an assembly-line style. flash training.

It's quite possible that Jango spent the time, effort (and character points) to increase his DEX for instance where the rank and file clone troopers had no time, inclination or opportunity.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dredwulf60 wrote:
Not so strange to me.

A clone is a physical genetic copy.

There is so much in the attributes that come from upbringing and training.
The clones have the raw stock but most of them were trained in an assembly-line style. flash training.

It's quite possible that Jango spent the time, effort (and character points) to increase his DEX for instance where the rank and file clone troopers had no time, inclination or opportunity.

I thought of this too, however it seems jango/boba who have the same exact attributes are in fact clones, however the other clones are at a massice 2D under.

both jango/Boba is at 18D indicating that they did not spend CP on attributes, they both as it seem to have the bounty hunter template.

now to me a physical copy should be the same blank template aka bounty hunter and relect the same attributes.
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you mean.

They cloned Jango because he was superior stock. At the very least the clones should be up to his potential!
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe that film itself explains that the gentics were manipulated in order to make the clones less independent. And it explains that one of Jango's conditions was to receive an "unaltered clone for himself."
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
I do believe that film itself explains that the gentics were manipulated in order to make the clones less independent. And it explains that one of Jango's conditions was to receive an "unaltered clone for himself."

yes Boba was unaltered, and what this to me means was he had no accelerated aging, and no inhibitor chip.

but how does more diciplined cost -2D to attributes? That I can't see from his "unaltered" clone
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you get "more disciplined" from?

Less independent? That just means they are not able to function well as an individual.

In any case, given that they are not truly exact duplicates of Jango, I don't have a problem with them having fewer dice.

We could always just hand wave the notion that accelerating the aging process has a detrimental effect on their physical development since it disallows the central nervous system sufficient time to adapt to changes in mass/body composition, etc.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
We could always just hand wave the notion that accelerating the aging process has a detrimental effect on their physical development since it disallows the central nervous system sufficient time to adapt to changes in mass/body composition, etc.
That sounds like a very reasonable hand wave.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: