The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Operation Cinder was there one for force users?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Operation Cinder was there one for force users?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject: Operation Cinder was there one for force users? Reply with quote

Operation Cinder, the new canon destruction of several worlds, like vardos is basically "scorched earth" and sort meant to not leave anything for the enemy.

Now what is not touched upon in canon so far is what about the empire's force users, the inquisitiors and maybe others, would there not have been some plan to "neutralize" these as well?

I can picture something like the emperor's hand, shadowguard or even something like an iquisitor though as a small unit, maybe 4 to 6 individuals tasked with hunting down and dealing with the imperial force users, and then maybe later join with the forces that would later form the new order, or otherwise .

it would be odd to me regardless that there would not be a plan like operstion cinder, but targeting the empire's force users.

could be interesting
Urban Spaceman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some parts of Operation Cinder bothered me, as some of the worlds targeted for destruction were seemingly without reason. Of course, this could be because we don't yet know the reason, or it could have been so that no-one could be sure which worlds were being targeted because of the information they held, and which were being targeted simply to tie up the enemies resources.

As my campaign has reached that point in the canon timeline, I needed to find an answer that worked for me.
So, in my game Operation Cinder was a distraction technique so that no-one would notice Operation Ember. Ember was the retrieval and relocation of Sith artefacts and objects of power belonging to the Emperor. They were moved to the Unknown Regions, where they would be protected by Inquisitors until the time is right.

Rather than this be the last order of a dead Empire, Operation Ember was the first order of a new one (see what I did there!).

This was how I covered off the Empire's Force users. They were too busy with the real job, Palpatine's last slight of hand.

I think it would be quite fun at some point to do a mini campaign or one-shot around this idea. Maybe make it like the beginning of The Dark Knight, where each Inquisitor has orders to take out another once their task is complete.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: