The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

All About Lightsabers FEEDBACK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> All About Lightsabers FEEDBACK Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject: All About Lightsabers FEEDBACK Reply with quote

Please post feedback in this thread. Very Happy

This thread is for feedback to the All About Lightsabers thread located here:

https://rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7597

When posting feedback, the preferred method will be to quote the relevant information in RULES thread, and post it in the THIS thread. To do this, simply click the "quote" button on the relevant post in RULES thread, then *copy* all the text in the reply field. Do not click "submit." Instead, leave the reply page and return to THIS thread. Click the "reply" button, and then paste the quoted text into the reply field. Then type up your feedback.

Last edited by Naaman on Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: All About Lightsabers FEEDBACK Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:

When posting feedback, the preferred method will be to quote the relevant information in RULES thread, and post it in the THIS thread. To do this, simply click the "quote" button on the relevant post in RULES thread, then *copy* all the text in the reply field. Do not click "submit." Instead, leave the reply page and return to THIS thread. Click the "reply" button, and then paste the quoted text into the reply field. Then type up your feedback.

Whoa! Thanks for posting your Lightsaber treatis! Sorry I don't have time to dig into it and provide feedback, but I probably will consult this when it comes a lot closer to the time I'll need lightsaber rules.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: All About Lightsabers FEEDBACK Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Naaman wrote:

Whoa! Thanks for posting your Lightsaber treatis! Sorry I don't have time to dig into it and provide feedback, but I probably will consult this when it comes a lot closer to the time I'll need lightsaber rules.

As long as the 'Pit is around, they'll be here! Wink

I'll look forward to your feedback.
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done man!

We do think alike in many ways. Your lightsaber rules are very similar to what I wrote up back when I was running my Jedi-oriented campaign.

This is praise; not trying to 'that's great but-' to you.

I will try to dig up my system for you to look at and see if there is anything you want to adapt or borrow; the feel is very similar!
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dredwulf60 wrote:
Well done man!

We do think alike in many ways. Your lightsaber rules are very similar to what I wrote up back when I was running my Jedi-oriented campaign.

This is praise; not trying to 'that's great but-' to you.

I will try to dig up my system for you to look at and see if there is anything you want to adapt or borrow; the feel is very similar!

Thanks, man. Smile
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE!!!!!!

I like this making lightsabers mores customizable, which they by logic and now canon are.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to think that since each lightsaber is unique, and crafted by its intended user, lightsabers should at least have options to allow for some minor functional variations.

I have some ideas for "specific" lightsabers used in various campaigns. I may post them up eventually (but since they are character specific, their application may seem rather esoteric).

Last edited by Naaman on Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While on the topic of lightsabers, would a "wrist" lightsaber in the assassin's creed style be something that could exist?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
While on the topic of lightsabers, would a "wrist" lightsaber in the assassin's creed style be something that could exist?

I’ve seen stats for Lightclaws, which are basically a distributed architecture double shoto. It’s two emitters side by side on the back of the user’s hands, connected by cables to the power systems built into wrist gauntlets (which are usually some form of lightsaber proof metal, sometimes sheathed in a layer of cortosis.

The stats suggested that these could be used for climbing, but I think it’s more plausible that the gauntlet system includes fusion pads built into the palms to facilitate climbing.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
I tend to think that since each lightsaber is unique, and crafted by its intended user, lightsabers should at have options to allow for some minor functional variations.

I have some ideas for "specific" lightsabers used in various campaigns. I may post them up eventually (but since they are character specific, their application may seem rather esoteric).

W/r/t your specialized lightsaber post, I’ve put some thought into the Dual-Phase Lightsaber, which I’ve taken to calling a Lightlance. The advantage is that it turns a saber into a reach weapon with the press of a button, and back again just as easily for close combat. The reach option also matches with mounted combat, where a Jedi is riding on a beast or speeder bike.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightsaber construction:

Edit: -deleted-
Sorry. it's just gibberish without the tables.
Namaan, if you PM me your email address I'll send you a pdf.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:

My first ever charafter for SWRPG used just such a weapon.

Stats wise, it's "just a lightsaber" that can't he dropped/disarmed.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Naaman wrote:
I tend to think that since each lightsaber is unique, and crafted by its intended user, lightsabers should at have options to allow for some minor functional variations.

W/r/t your specialized lightsaber post, I’ve put some thought into the Dual-Phase Lightsaber, which I’ve taken to calling a Lightlance. The advantage is that it turns a saber into a reach weapon with the press of a button, and back again just as easily for close combat. The reach option also matches with mounted combat, where a Jedi is riding on a beast or speeder bike.

I was just thinking that I had accidentally ommitted the dual phase and needed to include it.

I'll need some time/suggestions concerning how to handle reach in D6. I don't think "attacks of opportunity" fit very well into this system.

The rules for using a melee weapon to parry a brawling attack may provide some insight as to a starting point, though.
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:
Naaman wrote:

I was just thinking that I had accidentally ommitted the dual phase and needed to include it.

I'll need some time/suggestions concerning how to handle reach in D6. I don't think "attacks of opportunity" fit very well into this system.

The rules for using a melee weapon to parry a brawling attack may provide some insight as to a starting point, though.

My system for reach is fairly simple.
You calculate each fighter's 'reach points' whoever has more gets the difference as a bonus to attack rolls and parry rolls.
Reach points based on arm and weapon combined.

Reach points:
Tiny arms: 1 (Jawas, Ewoks etc)
Medium arms: 2 (humans etc)
Long arms: 3 (Wookiees etc)
Extended reach: 4 (Really big guys, or extending arms/ tentacles)

Unarmed fighting: 0
Tiny weapon: 1 (Small knives)
Small weapon: 2 (small knives)
Medium weapon:3 (long knives and short swords)
Long weapon: 4 (Standard swords, light sabers, bayonet fixed to rifle)
Extended reach: 5 (spears, staves, great swords)
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have contemplated a similar system that uses "zones" to differentiate relative reach...

At this point, I would like to come up with a one-weapon solution, rather than a system (which would effectively add a stat to every weapon).

Though I have vague plans to revamp melee combat sometime in the next 10 years or so, and a reach system is fldefinitely going to have to be part of that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: