The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Palpatine...."the chosen one"??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Palpatine...."the chosen one"??
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject: Palpatine...."the chosen one"?? Reply with quote

I have been thinking of this for a long time.

Palpatine DID destroy the Jedi order AND the Sith order actually.

If we look at Palpatine and what he did.
He manipulated the galaxy into the clone wars, using this to gain power.
all while breaking the rule of two, yes both Maul and Tyrannus were overlapping "apprentises".
he killed his master to ensure his plan would work.
He then took Vader as his apprentice, hunting down jedi at random, preventing them from reestabishing the order.
He then begins to order vader to stop hunting Jedi, leaving this task to "fairly weak" inquisitors, again to prevent the order to reestabish.
He forbids Vader to go after some Jedi, jedi that the Emperor would benefit form killing.
By shouldering all the hate, all the darkness him self, he also to a large degree had his "loyal" minions kill many of the most psyhcopatic and power hungry of the imperial leadership.
He also "rewarded" his minions, making Gallius Rax have his 15 minutes of ambition fulfilled, though as a little "sting in the side" he gives him a destroyed empire (operation cinder).
Knowing that there will be a continuation of his empire, something like the First Order.
With him playing his game of strings from the beyond, he manipulates the first order, snoke and kylo, the resistance and the republic into a new war, his prophecy entering second stage.
to create the new force order, the "old" one the original one, the one where jedi and sith was one.........protecting the galaxy form the threat from beyond.

Once Rey reestabish the order, this will be a very different one, a more pragmatic one, a balanced one.
I base this on the new jedi created by luke where also force traditions considered "dark side" not just allied but also joined.
In all it makes for a balanced order, one that can use dark side powers but control them.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its pretty well established that "balance to the force" means no dark side corruption/influence "in" the force.

The dark side (no matter how little of it is present) is what throws the force out of balance.

Also, according to GL, Palpatine was dead for good after RotJ. The EU brought him back, though....so ther is that....
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Palpatine...."the chosen one"?? Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
Palpatine...."the chosen one"??
Once Rey reestabish the order, this will be a very different one, a more pragmatic one, a balanced one.
I base this on the new jedi created by luke where also force traditions considered "dark side" not just allied but also joined.
In all it makes for a balanced order, one that can use dark side powers but control them.

I'm not sure what the point is but it seems you are speculating on possible revelations that will be revealed in TRoS. Palpatine, not Anakin, is the Chosen One? If you don't mind, I'd prefer to keep all the TRoS speculation in a single thread until the movie comes out.

Naaman wrote:
Also, according to GL, Palpatine was dead for good after RotJ. The EU brought him back, though....so ther is that....

It is well documented that when the first film's success inspired plans for a 9-12 episode saga, Palpatine wasn't even going to appear in RotJ. He was going to appear in the third trilogy. Early in pre-production of RotJ (1980), Lucas decided to make RotJ the last chronological episode he would make. Then he had to kill off Palpatine because the villains all have to be defeated for a satisfying conclusion. Tarkin was already dead, so Anakin returned to defeat Vader and Palpatine. The movies are the stories Lucas controlled. The EU is just what he allowed others to make. The only reason Palpatine seemed to be dead is because Lucas didn't know there would ever be more movies taking place after after RotJ.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually was not thinking in any TRoS terms at all.

more in analyzing him as a sith, or maybe a very very pragmatic anti hero that justifies the means as long as the end is right, ansd with the various stories about the old raisin, I can find several incidents where as someone wanting the destruction of both rebels and the jedi, more than one "gave them a break".

Now we could at the same time debate if maybe Vader was always a jedi, realizing this for him self when he destroyed jacosta nu's crystal with the list of force senitive children.

Though that can be explained by him preventing other possible replacements, but......

But back to old man Palpatine, I am sure someone as wise ans schooled in the force as him would know that when the jedi and sith were one, the jeedai order, they worshipped both the light and dark, ashla and bogan....it was then a "true" but fragile balance.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw an interview with Ian McDiarmid, wherein he explained that he asked GL if Palpatine might have survived, and GL was explicit about Palps being dead for good.

I suspect he is being brought back in the upcoming film for fan service reasons... which means some retconning will be in order. I'll leave it at that so as not to get too much into speculation on the new film outside of the designated thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: